TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I can imagine the call to the iron Workers Union 404:

Hershey: "Hey, you know that Skyride or whatever that you guys just built at our park?"

404: "...You mean Skyrush? Yes of course, we spent the whole winter and spring building it. We're really proud of our work, and we hope you are too."

Hershey: "Yeah, about that. We heard people on this one forum complaining about how it's too short, and the zero-car looks kinda weird. So if you could just, like, take it down, that would be super."

404: "But, we just... it took so long to... and what's a zero car? I just..."

Hershey: "Yeah yeah, time is money, I know. And while you're at it, could you take down that Black Bear ride too? You know that bit after the corkscrew? Y'know how it's literally the only way that the track could logically and cost-effectively be threaded through like 3 different rides? That's not good enough for this... Teeper forum either. Take it down."

404: "What? Why would you... But that was like 15 years ago... I'm not even sure if we worked on that..."

Hershey: "Alright, we'll put you on the schedule! Thanks a bunch!"

I can imagine the call to the iron Workers Union 404:

Hershey: "Hey, you know that Skyride or whatever that you guys just built at our park?"

404: "...You mean Skyrush? Yes of course, we spent the whole winter and spring building it. We're really proud of our work, and we hope you are too."

Hershey: "Yeah, about that. We heard people on this one forum complaining about how it's too short, and the zero-car looks kinda weird. So if you could just, like, take it down, that would be super."

404: "But, we just... it took so long to... and what's a zero car? I just..."

Hershey: "Yeah yeah, time is money, I know. And while you're at it, could you take down that Black Bear ride too? You know that bit after the corkscrew? Y'know how it's literally the only way that the track could logically and cost-effectively be threaded through like 3 different rides? That's not good enough for this... Teeper forum either. Take it down."

404: "What? Why would you... But that was like 15 years ago... I'm not even sure if we worked on that..."

Hershey: "Alright, we'll put you on the schedule! Thanks a bunch!"

I totally laughed. Nice work.

And the "Intamin is God" people I will never understand you. I think that even if Skyrush was a really terrible ride and it had no forces or airtime you would all still laude it as the best ride in the world just because it is Intamin. I do love B&M but I also love Intamin. I just base a ride off of how it rides and not how it looks and what manufacturers name is attached to it. I don't think Shambhala looks all that promising even though I was excited about it, but I also think that Skyrush is not the most amazing looking thing in the world either. Once I ride it, I may change what I think but if I think it sucks, then I will say it. I will not applaud a coaster just because it is from any certain manufacturer. Both companies make good rides and if you think that B&M's are lame then by all means don't ride them and it will leave more space in line for me to ride while you bitch about how lame they are.

And the "Intamin is God" people I will never understand you. I think that even if Skyrush was a really terrible ride and it had no forces or airtime you would all still laude it as the best ride in the world just because it is Intamin. I do love B&M but I also love Intamin. I just base a ride off of how it rides and not how it looks and what manufacturers name is attached to it. I don't think Shambhala looks all that promising even though I was excited about it, but I also think that Skyrush is not the most amazing looking thing in the world either. Once I ride it, I may change what I think but if I think it sucks, then I will say it. I will not applaud a coaster just because it is from any certain manufacturer. Both companies make good rides and if you think that B&M's are lame then by all means don't ride them and it will leave more space in line for me to ride while you bitch about how lame they are.

I don't boost rides because of a manufacturer. Intamin can make a crappy ride, and it's a crappy ride. Nobody here ever said "Intamin is God" so those are just words in mouths. There is no "you all" here. And if Skyrush sucks, I'll let you know the second I get off. But I highly doubt it's gonna suck. Not because it's an Intamin, but because it looks freaking great.

And it does just so happen that an Intamin full of ejector air looks a million times better to me than a scaled-up B&M hyper. Give me the excitement over the lawn-chair-with-a-fan any day!

^What he said. B&M has been proven to make force less coasters since 2001. The GP doesn't care much as they still enjoy them and wouldn't exactly call them "force less" as us enthusiasts would. Everyone knows B&M is a great company and have proven themselves to make a reliable product and most parks will tell you they are the easiest company to deal with. I'm an Intamin fan boy but will be the first to tell you they are a pain in a$$ to deal with in terms of reliability.

See, it really doesn't matter to me; as long as Skyrush doesn't try and re-arrange my tiny spine, I will most likely want to ride it over and over again.

It is worth thirty-two credits, after all...

The testing videos look great. Can't wait to see it testing at full speed. Using no limits the lift might only add 3-4 on the ride but that could make a large difference on the 2 small airtime hills at the end.

I don't boost rides because of a manufacturer. Intamin can make a crappy ride, and it's a crappy ride. Nobody here ever said "Intamin is God" so those are just words in mouths. There is no "you all" here. And if Skyrush sucks, I'll let you know the second I get off. But I highly doubt it's gonna suck. Not because it's an Intamin, but because it looks freaking great.

And it does just so happen that an Intamin full of ejector air looks a million times better to me than a scaled-up B&M hyper. Give me the excitement over the lawn-chair-with-a-fan any day!

OK, since you are not an Intamin fan boy then go ahead and name some Intamins that you think suck? I can name some B&M's and Intamins that suck. I like them both equally so calm down sparky. And btw, yes, there are some people on here that have said Intamin is God.

Went to the park today and it looked promising at first with Storm Runner being a walk on for about an hour. By 12 however the park really filled up with people and Great Bear, Fahrenheit and Storm Runner looked to have 1 hour + lines by 1. Also both sides of Lightning Racer were only running 1 train each so that line got near to the steps which I have never seen happen. It was a great day even with all the people and I can't wait to head back tomorrow (hopefully I will remember my camera this time).

Nothing new to report with Skyrush or SDL, both had people in the stations working on them but neither of them tested at all that day.

Overall I got

Lightning Racer- 2x

Sidewinder- 1x

Wildcat- 2x

Comet-1x

Storm Runner-2x

I think most people are thinking this is amazing due to Intamin's track record with hyper coasters - they are some of the best coasters in the world. And this looks like no exception.

I don't really judge coasters on their manufacturer. I rode Rattlesnake at Chessington and liked it, though I'm not a big fan of Maurer Sohne's coasters. Likewise, I rode Motocoaster at Dreamworld and hated it, despite it being made by Intamin.

Let's move on, guys. The ride is opening up in a few weeks, there is plenty of positive stuff that we can be talking about in this thread!

After seeing the testing videos, this ride has definitely shot up on my most anticipated list of 2012 coasters.

Let's move on, guys. The ride is opening up in a few weeks, there is plenty of positive stuff that we can be talking about in this thread!

After seeing the testing videos, this ride has definitely shot up on my most anticipated list of 2012 coasters.

Skyrush can easily be the best coaster built in 2012 unless Knott's builds a giga in 6 months.

Went to the park again today and noticed that the middle two rows on on most coasters were blocked off and being used for fast track users.

Honestly this isn't a bad idea because it stops people from taking your spot if you are waiting since you can't wait for those spots now. Ride ops were pretty good at letting people in the regular line into those rows if no fast track users were waiting. It seems like a really good compromise.

Also it seems that that Lightning is always winning on Lightning Racer, I didn't see Thunder win once the past 2 days I've been at the park. Skyrush was also testing today and it looks great.