TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I can't wait to see the water go in for the second half, it'll look great. And Manta looks so cool in the park right there, it fits in perfect. But you can see the GP over there, just walking right by it, not even looking at it

As of today, still no testing. I was at the park yesterday and the reach envelope were still on the track and there were workers working on the lift.

I found this picture on another board, turns out the trains were taken out and put into the station today but were put back into the maintenance building with no testing as the reach envelope remains on the track.

My guess is if testing is to occur this week, it will be tomorrow. If not, then most likely Saturday during Viva La Musica so they can show it off when a lot of guests are in the park because of the concert.

*Picture by coasterz44 at ThrillNetwork

uh, i think that, technically, this all is testing — isn't it? no, they're not running the trains through the entire circuit yet, but they are testing to make sure all of the ride systems work, and what not… it just seems wierd to keep hearing people say “no testing yet, just…” when the “just…” clearly is testing (just not the sort that gets coaster geeks all worked up!)

i don't think we'll see run throughs until the theming comes along more, since there's still a lot to be done, and much of it is quite close to the track (hence the reach envelope…), but i could be wrong…

^^When we say testing as in full circit runs, we mean "The coaster is operating, but just to see if the track is clear/safe. Nobody is onboard and the ride is just "warming up" so to speak."

A lot of people just refer to it that way. I think you mean testing as in testing to see if the track is in good condition and if it is ready to be ridden on, am I right?

Because a test is to check to make sure everything works. In school, they test over all the material, not just one or two things. The same thing applies to coasters, its all about testing everything! All systems go!

and that's what they're doing! from what i've read here in this very topic they've already tested the various transfer and switch tracks, the station brakes and tires, the restraints and whatever lifts the seats up into the flying position, and so on, and so forth, and eventually they'll test everything else, but they are currently testing (it's just in the early stages, that's all!) — not that any of this really matters in the least…

i honestly kind of wish i hadn't even posted anything to begin with!

"Testing" to coaster enthusiasts means making full circuit test runs.

yeah, i got that, but, uh, why? i just think it's kind of stupid…

damn i'm in a bitchy mood today! i think it's my cold, or whatever it is…

It's just the way the terminology is. Not even the ride manufacturers will call it "testing" usually until they've "dropped a train." Seriously, it's not like *we* made up these terms, it's industry wide.

--Robb "Looks like they may be doing a "pull through" which is not the same as 'testing.'" Alvey

Just got a call from my friend. He closed this evening at the Park, Manta has officially made its first complete test runs. They cycled the first train around an hour ago, he saw two cycles. He said the first half of the ride has fantastic pacing and the train really seemed to be hauling through. Mid-course brake was off, which was to be expected, so he said the second half looked fantastic as well. Just thought I'd pass along the info....I'm hoping to catch some test runs tomorrow!

Its very unlikely that anyone caught it or had a camera, as the first run took place after the Park closed at 8PM. Not sure if they are going to continue to test after Park closing, or it just happened to work out that way tonight. In any event, can't wait to see some for myself! After seeing it being built everyday for the past year, its exciting to see things coming to an end and the ride coming closer to opening!

As I didn't see for myself, I heard that testing did began tonight and now it seems to have been confirmed by delirium_guy. Manta was all lighted up tonight and the reach envelope were not there earlier in the day so I had a feeling testing started. Can't wait to see it for myself.

^ Thanks for the video! It was quite dark and hard to make out a lot of things but from what you can see, it looks great. It seemed very smooth going through the pretzel loop.

Hopefully they run the trains through in the day so we can see the whole thing more clearly.