TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

Looks like their going to be lifting one piece at a time (hence the 3 cranes)....so it could take a while....depending on what time they start at.

nope.. two already connected... and at least one crane will be lifting the gondola carrying the mechanics to attach the track.

Like Intimidator 305 with its 2 supports. I think that's exactly what they are trying to do, make it look more intimidating. It worked with Intamin, why not try to replicate it? Also, less 200+ foot supports means it won't cost add much. Seems like a "win win" situation, more intimidating and it costs less.

an email from the park yesterday about the topping off of the lift hill:

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience, but we just learned this event will actually be delayed. It will probably happen Thursday. I will keep you posted ASAP.

we're guessing because of fog...

I love the floater feeling you get in the back seat of B&M mega coasters.It feels so different compared to intamin coasters where you are thrown over. It's gonna be awesome to have that for a 325 foot drop. I found this on heraldonline.com

1237331217_furydrop.jpg.2435de1d00118b357d8c216cdd9dee78.jpg