TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

VERY nice find. Now just to determine the coaster type of the mysterious track, if that is indeed what will be the new coaster. Very interesting indeed.

It appears though that they are planning a bid to actually build the project; actually within the next few days. Hopefully it gets an "all-go"

This is a very interesting find. Something else that can be drawn from this is the location of the coaster (not that it isn't already obvious). It will be located on the South Carolina side of the park.

I was hoping that the location of the log flume site would would enable them to utilize the entrance bridge as a tunnel for the first drop. That would have been a spectacular visual, but that would require the coaster to cross state lines and I don't see an application for NC.

The lazy river crosses state line and when that was constructed permits had to be filed in both states.

Here is some food for thought, Diamondback was labeled MC where SC is on the yellow track. B&M used to call "Hyper Coasters", "Mega Coasters".

The B&M website now calls them Hyper Coasters.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/products/products_en.aspx

It was make sense for MC to mean Mega Coaster, so there for SC would mean sitting coaster or standing coaster but no standing coasters have been built in 10 years so I doubt it is a standing coaster. Chances are SC does not stand for South Carolina. If I had to guess the yellow is either not for Carowinds, or it is and the track section that looks like a loop section is for where the coaster crosses over the Dora train or another structure. The factory that makes B&M coaster had to change the labels so SC could just be there to confuse us.

Here is some food for thought, Diamondback was labeled MC where SC is on the yellow track. B&M used to call "Hyper Coasters", "Mega Coasters".

The B&M website now calls them Hyper Coasters.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/products/products_en.aspx

It was make sense for MC to mean Mega Coaster, so there for SC would mean sitting coaster or standing coaster but no standing coasters have been built in 10 years so I doubt it is a standing coaster. Chances are SC does not stand for South Carolina. If I had to guess the yellow is either not for Carowinds, or it is and the track section that looks like a loop section is for where the coaster crosses over the Dora train or another structure. The factory that makes B&M coaster had to change the labels so SC could just be there to confuse us.

I have a more solid reason it wont be a standing coaster...the park ALREADY HAS ONE!!! lol

and about the bridge thingy...I dont think it will go under since its a tight space and there is a maintance road that is used to get from one side of the park to the other but hey, what do I know (other than the fact that it wont be a standing coaster lol),