TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^^ ride afterburn a lot, nighthawk's line moves really slowly, try to either hit that first, or depending on what day, whenever the line is kind of short ( that is if you really want to ride it)

Go on a weekday.

thats it for the most part. If you go on a weekday you can pretty much hit everything you want easily

I've already been on Batwing which is just like Nighthawk so I most likely won't ride that. Is Afterburn and Nighthawk the only good rides there?

^Ride stealthborg assimihawk anyway. It really is fun and its layout is slightly different from Batwing and X-Fireflighthawk.

In other news according to Screamscape(i know i know) Flying Super Saturator is out Head Spin is in. I have no problem with it seeing as I enjoyed the boomerang at SFFT. I hope they try those new trains with just lapbars and give it a nice paintjob and a new name...........but thats asking a bit much of Cedar Fair....

EDIT: If this is true I would like to dub Carowinds: The relocated ride capital of the world! Coming Soon..........Hypersonic!(jk jk)

I'm one of the few who likes boomerangs, so yay. Though I have to admit, Carowinds gets shafted so much. 8PM closings except weekends, used coasters, only 4 or 5 adult flats rides... You'd think they'd do more with Dollywood and Hard Rock Park both now apparently better destinations than Carowinds.

Personally, I am not a fan of the relocation since it will take out a ride that was just plain fun (Although I never did have to wait in a mid-summer line for it). I am guessing that there is a slim-to-none chance of them changing the trains, but I could see it getting a paint job at least. Every other former GL coaster has recieved one thus far. The sad thing though is that this would be the park's tallest coaster. I wonder if they would advirtise it as such?

-Gary T.

?How tall is it? HAHA I'm sorry, I love carowinds and all but the idea of a boomerang coaster being the tallest coaster in the park is HILARIOUS to me. Not to say that I'm not happy for the new addition. It makes me extremely happy that carowinds jumped in and got a coaster from GL so I am very anxious to see something new in the park.

Now onto the point of past 2009 plans....... is it just me or is anyone else a little worried that carowinds may try to throw the hyper coaster idea out the window for next year now that they are getting HeadSpin? I really don't have a clue what they will do......

....... If they go through with it and add the new hyper (or whatever they have in the works) in addition to headspin and also go ahead and redo Nickelodeon Central into Snoopy stuff then it would give the whole park a new, and very surprising, feel to it.......

But then again they've done some wierd things in the past so right now it's pretty much anyones guess. So...... i don't know

Head Spin is 116.6 ft which will be the tallest by 1.6ft

I really think plans for the hyper were for 2010. If carowinds were getting a hyper in 09 construction would have started around the same time as KI i would think so i'd expect to see Hyper construction about june/july in 09 for the hyper.

That is if we get a hyper.

As far as the rumore about getting rid of Nickeloedon then i hope it stays a rumor. Cedar fair would be retarted to take out Nick not to mention they would loose millions in the process.

I just wish they'd go ahead and get some flats. There are no Screamin' Swings down this way, nor any Delerium type rides. When Cedar Fair bought the park, I remember them being surprised by the amount of land that they had available, but they have yet to use really any land that was not already used. Seriously, Carowinds is stuck in 2001, as no ride there was patented after that. No new thrills.

yeah Carowinds needs some new flats too! I think a maXair would be a good addition. Or a sky swing, or some BIG flat.

I just hope they put in something new in addition to HeadSpin or else they are just gonna keep digging their grave in the Theme park industry. Not saying they'd close down (because they are no where near doing that)

but that other the other parks are gonna leave them in the dust.

HRP is only a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive away. Same with SFOG.

What I mean is, Carowinds has such great potential to be an AMAZING park and when they put off BIG projects over and over again, their fans lose intrest in them. Come On, who wants to go to a park every year and not have really anything new to do.

I think they need to do something BIG in 2009. Something even bigger than HeadSpin to get the public interested in them again. If they were to do another coaster next year they would get so much publicity. Rarely do you see a park splurge their money to add more than one good coaster a year.

I don't know..... that's just my opinion. It probably seems a little out there but I'm just sick of waiting for Carowinds to do something they've been hinting about for almost 4 years now. Pick up the pace will ya haha

QueenCityBoy wrote:

I really think plans for the hyper were for 2010. If carowinds were getting a hyper in 09 construction would have started around the same time as KI i would think so i'd expect to see Hyper construction about june/july in 09 for the hyper.

Not necessarily.......

Construction @ KI started so early because they are using a splash down effect. And it still hasn't been confirmed that it is a hyper. It could very well be a Dive Machine, although most rumors do lean towards it being a hyper. hmmm...... but we're not getting into that.

Carowinds could still have something else in the works for '09 and are being extremely secretive about it. We'll just have to be patient and see.....

^Adding a boomerang as well as a hyper in the same year would make absolutely no sense from a marketing standpoint. How could they possibly market a "new" boomerang when they would be adding a brand new hyper? Now that the boomerang is confirmed, I would look to 2010 for the earliest a new custom ride could show up.

yeah Carowinds needs some new flats too! I think a maXair would be a good addition. Or a sky swing, or some BIG flat.

I just hope they put in something new in addition to HeadSpin or else they are just gonna keep digging their grave in the Theme park industry. Not saying they'd close down (because they are no where near doing that)

but that other the other parks are gonna leave them in the dust.

HRP is only a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive away. Same with SFOG.

What I mean is, Carowinds has such great potential to be an AMAZING park and when they put off BIG projects over and over again, their fans lose intrest in them. Come On, who wants to go to a park every year and not have really anything new to do.

I think they need to do something BIG in 2009. Something even bigger than HeadSpin to get the public interested in them again. If they were to do another coaster next year they would get so much publicity. Rarely do you see a park splurge their money to add more than one good coaster a year.

I don't know..... that's just my opinion. It probably seems a little out there but I'm just sick of waiting for Carowinds to do something they've been hinting about for almost 4 years now. Pick up the pace will ya haha

All in good time,just hang in there & it'll come.

CF is making a wise move IMO with regard to relocating assets to their new properties,remember how SFI went overboard with rapid expansions at their newly flagged parks almost a decade ago? All of those coasters & flats that were installed weren't cheap after all & look at what they've got to show for it....they have a business that is quite possibly on the verge of going under is what they got.

One of CF's greatest qualities is that,unlike SFI they carefully evaluate the potential ROI of a proposed attraction before making a final decision on what each park builds....after all if the attendance base cannot support an expensive addition then they're not going to gain a worthwile ROI for their efforts.SFI on the other hand just plays favorites with their parks or at the very least just randomly decides where & when to place new attractions each year.

Yeah I must say Carowinds is in desperate need of modern flats. Id say HUSS giant frissbee would be good. But I've always been biased for HUSS giant frissbees. I think something really cool the could do is build an intamin prefab woodie. WE NEED MORE OF THOSE in the world!!!!!! They're so good but we just keep getting the not as good GCIs. Come on industry more Gravity Groups and Intamin Prefabs please!