TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

^That's great to hear, thank you! I was worried with it being a Saturday night. I'll just hold off on buying Fright Lane, then. I plan on being there at the 7pm opening, so I'll just hit those mazes first. What are the daytime crowds like on Saturday and Sunday?

^^If last Saturday was any indication, I would invest in the Fright Lane. I live close to the park so I can attend several times during Scarowinds with my season pass. This past Saturday was the most crowded I have seen the park in years. Park operations staff used barricades to create longer queue lines for the coasters and all mazes were at least a 1 hour wait. This was my first Saturday trip to Scarowinds in many years, so I am not sure of this is the norm, or not. I went back the next night (Sunday) and all rides and mazes were a walk-on. Go figure...

^^^Thank you! I kind of figured, so I'll do daytime at the park on Sunday.

^^Oh wow, thank you. I might still do the wait-and-see method, but I definitely will get there before the opening. Fright Lane doesn't normally sell out at Carowinds, does it? Doesn't seem like it at the other CF parks.

Anyone disappointed that Fury325 did not go to park like Michigan's Adventure?

Also Fury325 is the worst coaster name I know.

I bet the local fans at MA is!

The truth is that a ride liks this always goes where it best belongs.

Is the Halloween Haunt worth it? Like mazes and shows. Or is it just a rip off?

Having just gone last night, I thought it was worth it. I had a pretty great time. I have a CF platinum pass, though, but I think even with a regular ticket, it would've been good.

I have yet to ride any other Giga other than Leviathan, but I can say that it was a FUN ride... not extremely forceful, but definitly a fun, re-ridable ride. Im sure Fury 325 will be the same

I've ridden both Intamin giga counterparts, and while I have the same general opinions about each ride (MF is not very forceful, but has it's moments, I-305 is balls to the wall intensity and some airtime), I actually slightly prefer Millennium Force. I know, I know, enthusiasts say it's overrated, "Millennium Forceless." However, IMO, the ride experience is very well rounded and probably the most re-rideable coaster I've ridden. I had some truly incredible night rides in August that really tipped the scales and solidified my opinion. Those rides gave me that tingly feeling, that feeling from the olden days when MF was seen as THE coaster, or when you drive up the CP causeway for the first time.

My point is, intensity isn't everything. Fury 325 looks to be a very solid coaster from the renderings and stats. Let's wait until we ride it to judge it.

I have yet to ride any other Giga other than Leviathan, but I can say that it was a FUN ride... not extremely forceful, but definitly a fun, re-ridable ride. Im sure Fury 325 will be the same

I've ridden both Intamin giga counterparts, and while I have the same general opinions about each ride (MF is not very forceful, but has it's moments, I-305 is balls to the wall intensity and some airtime), I actually slightly prefer Millennium Force. I know, I know, enthusiasts say it's overrated, "Millennium Forceless." However, IMO, the ride experience is very well rounded and probably the most re-rideable coaster I've ridden. I had some truly incredible night rides in August that really tipped the scales and solidified my opinion. Those rides gave me that tingly feeling, that feeling from the olden days when MF was seen as THE coaster, or when you drive up the CP causeway for the first time.

My point is, intensity isn't everything. Fury 325 looks to be a very solid coaster from the renderings and stats. Let's wait until we ride it to judge it.

My feelings exactly.

Why have you been so negative? Also, think of it logically....why would a coaster like Fury go to MA....maybe a hyper but definitely not a giga....yet (maybe 10 years down the road )

Also what makes Intimidator 305 any different?

Why have you been so negative? Also, think of it logically....why would a coaster like Fury go to MA....maybe a hyper but definitely not a giga....yet (maybe 10 years down the road )

Also what makes Intimidator 305 any different?

unless you think cedar fair shares its profits amongst all the parks, which they dont. Carowinds performed better, has a larger market and is better than MA in every way. Why should it have gone to MA?

Fury in itself is a good name, but the 325 makes it a little cheesy. I don't like Cedar Fair's trend of incorporating ride height into the name. I can't figure out if all of the aspects of this hobby keep getting cheesier and younger, or if I'm just getting older.

Has anybody ever driven from Kings Island area to Carowinds? It was suggested to me, but it sounds rather insane.

There's nothing insane about it at all. I've never had an issue with long drives and the more you do them the more you realize a 7 hour drive is no big deal... not only are road trips awesome but driving on I-77 through West Virginia is really scenic. It's a great drive.