TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

X2 Trains Arrive At SFMM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering if two trains are really on-site, or if it's actually two coaches. Because those tiny thumbnails show two coaches, with the second transfer run still empty.

Just what I figure. I'd believe it if they say 2 out of 3 trains are here, but it does make more sense that 2 coaches have made it here so far.

-Jahan

I like how the article describes the original paint scheme as "clownish."

Yeah he says that in every article he's made. I think he should get over it, its going to be gone shortly anyway.

^I was thinking 2 trains are on site, and the pictures are just the ones they've gotten on the transfer track thus far. I'm just guessing, but that seems like the most logical explanation.

They say X2 will have a much greater capacity than X, but even X never operated at its full, theoretical capacity. Full capacity mode, I'm assuming, would involve one train between the lift hill and brake run, one unloading, and one loading. Hopefully they will do it right and not let capacity go well under 1000 per hour. Remember, a one train operation with 6 minute dispatches means a capacity of 280 per hour! 280!

I'm sorry for all who disagree but the colors on the train IN MY OPINION are hideous. They should have made them match at least remotely, but blue seats? come on.... they don't even have blue paint on the coaster. The only thing it will match is the "new" gearbox...

wow. I have never been on the original X, so from what everyone is saying, I will never have to experience how rough it was . The new trains look cool. I hope they paint them to match the track colors because if they leave them like that, it is going to be a waste of money for SFMM . Looking foreward to the "new X" though.

^ I don't think the weight will make to much of a difference on speed, and if they want it to go faster or slower, they can change the wheels to make it do that. Tatsu's trains had there wheels replaced with something to make it slower so it fit the right time. I really don't care unless it makes the ending slower and less painful. X was amazing but its ending just made you want to kill yourself to end the pain.

Is it just me, or do the new seats look somehow smaller? I certainly could be mistaken, but they look little larger than standard plastic seats. I am sure it is fine, but from what I have seen, the smaller look definately looks more intimidating - borderline unsafe.....

I am optimistic, but doubtful, that these new trains will spped up load times. Just before X went down, the ops were absolutely awesome - even Jahan's updates reflect that. But on this type of ride, it just seems like it is a naturally slow-er ride. Besides, if they load/unload from the same spot now, they will have to wait for everyone to clear the loading station. That does not seem like it will speed things up at all....

^^^Not having to wait for the seats to rotate, move to load, and rotate again to load position will shave off a good minute or two between each dispatch, no doubt.

I wonder if all the trains are going to be blue? Or if there'll be different colors for each train like Ee?

And who cares what the colors of the train are!!! You don't even notice when you're riding. If everything goes smooth about the installation and the rides better than ever and all any of you have to complain about is the darn color of the trains, we should be so lucky. Yes i'd prefer the trains to match the track color too (like the original X) because matching dark grey and blood red trains would have been unbelievebly bad ass.

But I'm not going to let it ruin the ride.

Eejanaika loading and unloading is on the same platform. A ride op assigns you a row and either a group "A" or "B". Essentially, while group A departs the train, group B loads the train. What's great is you have a bin for your bags without the chaotic mess of lockers between the entrance/exit of the ride. Between the air gates/grouping and the ride op is a row you exit the ride.

I'm wondering if they will forgo the rotating of the seats during loading/unloading and allow people to drag feet on the concrete since there's no drop floor. Nah, this is America.