TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Congrats to our own Oscar Winner!

SharkTums

Holy COW-- I have not logged in here since all this went down! If anyone is still listening, thank you very, very much for all the congrats and well wishes!

I have been an enthusiast for years but I just joined TPR last summer. I know I don't post a whole heck of a lot-- mainly because all you crazy credit whores are WAY more knowledgable about coasters than I-- but I'm going to try to come out of my shell now that I see this is such a cool group.

Thank you again!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Well, look at it this way. Some of us are "way more knowledgable." Others are here to learn from those who are "way more knowledgable." And some of us think they're "way more knowledgable."

It's up to you to figure out which is which.

but I'm going to try to come out of my shell now that I see this is such a cool group.

Thank you again!

You should try one of the trips if your schedule doesn't get in the way. After 10 days with the same people up riding coasters from the crack of dawn till midnight. The sense of togetherness gets so strong that people cry when it's over and we have to leave.

Ms. Cody -

Actually, I hope you find yourself way more busy than you could possibly afford time to the site......

As said above, congrats on the win and best wishes for success on future projects.

And if you're still in Vancouver - enjoy the great weather we've got right now!

I know I don't post a whole heck of a lot-- mainly because all you crazy credit whores are WAY more knowledgable about coasters than I-- but I'm going to try to come out of my shell now that I see this is such a cool group.

Thank you again!

Yeah, and we won't ask you to wear million dollar shoes either....maybe just a TPR hoodie to your next Letterman appearance.

Holy COW-- I have not logged in here since all this went down! If anyone is still listening, thank you very, very much for all the congrats and well wishes!

I have been an enthusiast for years but I just joined TPR last summer. I know I don't post a whole heck of a lot-- mainly because all you crazy credit whores are WAY more knowledgable about coasters than I-- but I'm going to try to come out of my shell now that I see this is such a cool group.

Thank you again!

The only credit whores here are Jeff Johnson and Elissa Alvey! OK, I admit it...me too. I visited Sesame Place just to ride Vapor Trail.

Now here's a crazy idea...Ms. Cody can join TPR on one of their trips and make a movie about it. That might be a bit scary too.

Then again, Juno MacGuff can hook up with Nicholas D'Agosto.

I visited Sesame Place just to ride Vapor Trail.

That's nothing to be ashamed of. You should see me on carnival kiddie coasters with my knees mashed against my chest.

I want to go on a TPR trip so bad. I only ever get to go to parks with GP-type friends. Although I must say they're very patient when I'm like "LOOK! A first-gen Freefall! Let me take 100 photos! Okay, now get one with me and the operator! Let's pretend it's the Edge!"

[/i]

^I suspect you would get along with Joey and you both can drool over the 1st generation Intamin freefalls. No, they aren't credits, *ahem* Jeff Johnson! I'm sure there is space on one of the trips. Come on, you got to use the residuals from "Juno" somewhere!

A couple of years ago I rode a kiddie coaster at our local county fair because I'd never ridden any ride with a nine-car train! Is that pathetic or what?

Some people say I have some sort of OCD. I didn't know Orange County had a disease named after it, but whatever.

And thanks for being in our ranks, Diablo!

Eric

Wow! I just discovered this thread. This is so cool! I had no idea she was a member of TPR, or a coaster enthusiast! I always wondered what celebrities are coaster enthusiasts(I think will pharrel might be, I'm not sure), but it's so cool to find out that this year's hottest movie-industry person is a member of TPR!

I saw the interview on Letterman on TV, and I think I've seen another show she was on, too. I was thinking what a cool and interesting(in a really good way) person she is. Knowing shes a coaster enthusiast and a TPRer just makes her 5 times cooler in my book.

I really wanted to see Juno, but I haven't seen my friends in forever and last time I tried to get them to see it, the person who's birthday it was decided we should all watch "I Am Legend" instead, so I'm still waiting for the next chance I get to see it! From the previews I saw everywhere and the rave reviews I keep hearing about it it should be fantastic.

Tomi "shall now cease the fanboying" Zandshtein.

I loved that Juno wasn't obvious, & very few movies have real heart these days.

What's next, Juno's Final Destination, or maybe Juno v Jason - I think a feisty girl like Juno could that hockey masked freak to bed once and for all.

I personally think Suspiria owns The Wizard Of Gore...

I want to go on a TPR trip so bad. I only ever get to go to parks with GP-type friends. Although I must say they're very patient when I'm like "LOOK! A first-gen Freefall! Let me take 100 photos! Okay, now get one with me and the operator! Let's pretend it's the Edge!"

Wow, that's so awesomely sad and pathetic!

Yes, you absolutely DO need to do a TPR trip! You would fit in just fine...

--Robb

I wonder how many PM's from Oscar Night she has to sort through/delete en masse now.

Ms. Cody: Just the mere fact that you've typed a sentence like "LOOK! A first-gen Freefall! Let me take 100 photos! Okay, now get one with me and the operator! Let's pretend it's the Edge!" restores my faith in celebrities.

[/i]

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I used to work Freefall...quite a bit of memories.