TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dont you ever get Scared?

I'm actually scared of everything and anything. Having said that.. I did go on a launching intamin looper..

If I'm with good friends, and we're going to overcome a fear together, or something, then yes, I'll try it. Since I know how uncool it is to get 'conned' into riding that will scare the hell out of you, I don't really do it. I'm trying to work on overcoming a fear of certain flat rides...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I rode Top Thrill Dragster I was scared to death. We got in the station and I told my mom to put her hand on my heart so she could feel how hard it was thumping. We pulled out into the launch platform and I was shaking like crazy. We launched, and I was gritting my teeth as hard as I could. It was all over like that, so I don't know why I was so scared.

The last coaster I was scared of was Shockwave at SFMM. I was 12, and I remember waiting in line and the feeling of dread that I got in my stomach each time a train full of screaming riders whizzed by. After one ride on that, I was ready for more! Now, they can't make a coaster big or fast enough for me. I do wish I still got scared, makes that first ride on a new coaster soooooo much more fun.

I used to be absolutely TERRIFIED of coasters about 4 years back. I used to just sit and watch everything. I was even scared of Skull Mountain! In 2004, at SFGADv I said screw it, I'm going on B: TR. I LOVED IT! I would only ride Medusa, B:TR, and SUF for the next two years. In May of 06' I got my nerves to ride on Nitro. I used to be also TERRIFIED of heights. I loved Nitro. Its still in my top ten. Then in August I finally went on KK. I don't think I have ever been that scared to go on a coaster in my life. But then when it was all over I was like, that was it?!?!.

Going to CP last summer, for some reason I was really nervous on TTD. After being on KK over 30 times, I have no clue why. I also find MF very intimidating although its my #2. And I still am very scared of drop towers.

Most rides don't scare me at all, but of course everyone must have a fear of a certain ride. I don't ride the "Ring of Fire" because of my opinion on poor safety inside the ride. I mean, think about it.

Rollable lap-bar

Uncomfortable 90° seats

Cages: Comes to effect when upsidedown, legs going past rollable lap-bars causing you to lift off your seat and smack your head into the cage.

I'm probably a novice compared to most people, only having ridden 15 coasters or so, but i don't really get scared anymore. I think the thing that did it for me was riding Dueling Dragons in the front seat, having been dragged on by my brother. I had been on Kumba, Sheikra and Hulk before that, but i was horribly scared on Dueling Dragons. In the line my hands were shaking and my heart was racing. But once the first drop happened, I was fine, and now i can't wait to ride another one.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, It's Drop Towers. Always get me! I think it was Detonator. The force and kick of the drop is very unexpected. I have only been on it twice. Even the second time scared me half to death. That's why I almost fainted on Apocalypse. But, surely, after riding it, I realised it wasn't that bad. I just need to ride a few more Drop Towers to become immune, but I'm not as scared anymore.

Another ride which always has scared me on the 12 times I have been on it is Oblivion. I don't know why. It just does! It always seems, when I ride it once, I can ride it again only if I re-ride it right after. It has to be the ride I go on next. If I go off to ride another ride and then go on it again, I get scared. I really don't know why.

Othere all of that, I don't get scared. I can handl height, I can handle speed, loops, length but it's Drop Rides that get me. (or something similar like Oblivion.)

I used to be scared of any coaster that had inversions. Then in 7th grade I went to Cedar Point on a band trip. Needless to say I was not about to show my fear in front of my friends, so they got me to go on my first coaster with inversions(I think it was Raptor). Now I'm a junkie!

me at a park: "I can't wait to ride the new hyper coaster!" :restraints go down: "GET ME THE HELL OFF!!!!!"

I screamed like Ned Flanders the first time I was on Xcellerator.

xcelleratorlaunch.jpg.7d1621b3ed11d032253a8fa33544b4e5.jpg

It's not quite as scary a couple of years later with your 13 year old daughter. That's me on the far left.

• 4 months later...

Coasters used to frighten the hell out of me... But that's when I was 10, now that im older I've relized the chances of getting hurt are so small, and what's the worst that can happen, you won't like it?

So now I'll defintly try everything once. Towers still scare me but hell I've ridden so many. Fair rides I still won't do.

I still get nervous about going on drop towers, but not enough to keep me from riding.

I would be afraid to go on a slingshot ride. They have a pretty bad safety record on rideaccidents.com

I'm also kind of afraid to ride T2, hearing mixed opinions on how rough it actually is.