TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

People Watching.....

I think muddin is when you get in a truck and drive around in circle in mud...

Actually, "muddin" is taking your ATV out after it downpours and sling through mud puddles on dirt roads out on your farm. Sorry, I'm from Kentucky... haha. Then again, I don't live on a farm, don't own a ""4-wheeler", and do not enjoy being hit in the face with clumps of mud that dry quickly.

Is there something wrong with me?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never in my life seen so many good looking girls wearing so little clothing. quote]

Kinda creepy for his Dad (Assuming mid 40s) looking at 17 18 yearlds with barley any clothes on. But for a 13 yearld like me, its heaven

I'm sorry.....I don't quite follow. I'm 25 now, but I was 17 at the time. I no longer ahnd around at Grad Night to look at 17 year old girls.

Looking at that picture actually makes me really sad, and makes me feel sorry for her. My god people, you don't say "wow look at that guy with no legs, he must have loved laying on train tracks!" do you?

Very poor analogy. Weight is most influenced by behavior, while accidents resulting in loss of limbs are often the product of really bad luck. People have control over their behavior. They can't control the jackass that T-bones them at an intersection. The vast majority of fatties just eat too damn much. It's cultural for us. Look at how much #$@# food you get at most restaurants.

^I say cultural. Think about it...especially in the Bay Area, life is one big rat race nowadays. People don't have time to cook because they have to work extra hours to make the money to pay that bill...the solution? A quick trip to McDonalds as the food is almost instantly ready, hence 'fast food.' And for kids getting fat because of not enough exercise...it's too dangerous nowadays to get outside to play tag or football out in the street as people like to play bowling in their cars. Atleast that how it is here. I'm not saying that this is the only reason, but this seems the most logical to me.

I have never in my life seen so many good looking girls wearing so little clothing. quote]

Kinda creepy for his Dad (Assuming mid 40s) looking at 17 18 yearlds with barley any clothes on. But for a 13 yearld like me, its heaven

I'm sorry.....I don't quite follow. I'm 25 now, but I was 17 at the time. I no longer ahnd around at Grad Night to look at 17 year old girls.

I was thinking of the maker of this threads Dad! Actually to think of it DCA has the worst for me. A 80 yearld women with Daisy Dukes and a Bikini on... Uh I had never seen so much flopageness!

Is there something wrong with me?

To answer your first question yes. Number to to settle the mudding thing down heres a Wiki entry "Mud bogging, also known as mud racing, mud running and mud drags, is a form of off-road motorsport popular in the United States in which the goal is to drive a vehicle through a pit of mud of a set length. Winners are determined by the distance traveled through the pit or, if several vehicles are able to travel the entire length, the time taken to traverse the pit. Typically, vehicles competing in mud bogs are four-wheel drives.".

^Ah but you see, down here in Breckinridge County (AKA: Redneck Central), we call that the "Mud Slingin." That is COMPLETELY different than "Muddin."

Oh, and PS: Wikipedia isn't ALWAYS correct. After all, you shouldn't believe everything you read......unless you're on TPR!

On the weight issue, quite often it's an underractive thyroid. Your thyroid regulates metabolism and heart rate. An underractive thyroid can lead to excessive weight gain. There's also the set point theory, which says that every person has a personal metabolic rate that maintains a given weight, regardless of calorie intake. More and more scientific evidence is collecting that supports this theory. Yes, many Americans are lazy and don't try to maintain their weight, but there really are those who can't help what they weigh.

Back on topic, I found SFOG full of interesting people, and Holiday World, too.

^ hey I was close lol lol. Another good park to people watch is six flags america!! But you better do it behind a protective shield!!
HA! The first thing that poped into my mind when I saw this thread. I actully had a friend that visited the park and a fight broke out right infront of him.

On the weight issue, quite often it's an underractive thyroid. Your thyroid regulates metabolism and heart rate. An underractive thyroid can lead to excessive weight gain.

People with underactive thyroids can usually be treated quite easily with inexpensive drugs.

As for the "set point theory", see Robb's thread in the Random forum for a counterexample.

On the thyroid issue it really varies. Medications help most people, but there are exceptions.

As for the set point theory, I personally feel it's true. I've watched too many people diet rigorously and still not lose weight. It's great that Robb is having success with his diet, but that's not the case for everyone, unfortunately.

You also have to take into account all the people who take medications for a myriad of illnesses that have weight gain as a side effect.

I do think weight is an issue with us Americans. There are a lot of people that are lazy, eat too much fast food, etc. I've been guilty of this myself.

I'm just offering another viewpoint on the whole issue.

That was a hilarious commercial. I've seen Goths actually come out of the water rides looking like that...makeup running and all.

I noticed a GREAT time of year to people watch is THIS month at Universal during Macy's...U know how U have to kind of get dibbs on your area before the parade? Well we got ours an hour before the parade & just watching all the people walk by for an hour...its great!

Hotties (always the best), a bratty kid giving his mother a hard time (even hitting her at one point...looks like "time out" isn't working), MORE hotties, guys with funny looking pants & yet even MORE hotties.