TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

He could scan each guest as they enter and if they are not vaccinated, they aren't allowed in! He could say, "I'm sorry, your parents are idiots, you cannot enter the park."

Edited by jray21

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I REALLY wish MiceChat would stop with their lies. One such lie on my mind is one where they say Toontown will be replaced by a Star Wars Land.

To make matters worse, Jim Hill, WDW1974, Lee MacDonald and other such untrustworthy sources have perpetuated that lie.

Besides, DL cannot get rid of Toontown. Not only is it popular (especially with kids), but it's also landlocked combined with the fact that it has to close early every night for the fireworks.

They also just introduced new costumes for Toontown's cast members, further discrediting MiceChat.

I REALLY wish MiceChat would stop with their lies. One such lie on my mind is one where they say Toontown will be replaced by a Star Wars Land.

To make matters worse, Jim Hill, WDW1974, Lee MacDonald and other such untrustworthy sources have perpetuated that lie.

I went on Micechat for the first time in almost a year 2 days ago. I didn't pay attention to any of those rumors, but I was thrilled to hear (I might be very late on this)about Condor Flats' retheme.

Besides, DL cannot get rid of Toontown. Not only is it popular (especially with kids), but it's also landlocked combined with the fact that it has to close early every night for the fireworks.

They also just introduced new costumes for Toontown's cast members, further discrediting MiceChat.

So, your point is? We all run away from Mice Chat? I still enjoy the articles.

Whether they're true or not, is another matter. But that's okay. Until they build it....

I went on Micechat for the first time in almost a year 2 days ago. I didn't pay attention to any of those rumors, but I was thrilled to hear (I might be very late on this)about Condor Flats' retheme.

Yes, the Condor Flats re-theme has been common knowledge for some time.

And let's go a bit easy on MiceChat here, OK Disneyphilip? You come across like someone with an ax to grind--time to put the ax away. Rumors are typical in the theme-park circles, particularly where Disney is concerned.

I honestly have no idea whether or not Toontown will be replaced or not, but I will say that new costumes is hardly an indicator of Toontown having a future. That's a relatively small cost to absorb.

Is Toon Town still kinda run down and discolored from the sun?

The last time I went to DL and brought a lady back there just to see how it was doing, she wanted to leave immediately. I have no clue, it might be great for the kids, but I remember when it was new. But it was almost the most run down part of the park and I had no problem getting out of there as soon as we entered. It's become like the unwanted stepchild to the park.

It's a weird part of the park that closes early for fireworks, but I see it as a great opportunity to create something amazing.

Disneyland has announced their 60th celebration in 4 separate blog posts!

Wolrd Of Color

All-New ‘World of Color’ Show Coming to Disney California Adventure Park for Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, Beginning May 22

posted on January 28th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

It’s a big night at the Disneyland Resort, as we reveal some of the exciting plans for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, including spectacular new entertainment and sparkling surprises – all starting this spring!

Continuing a tradition of innovative, immersive storytelling begun when Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration showcases three electrifying new shows that will take you into the worlds of Disney stories like never before.

Tonight, Tom Staggs was joined on stage by Steve Davison, executive for parades and spectaculars with Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Entertainment, as they shared that during the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, Disney California Adventure park will present a special edition of the popular “World of Color” show.

Opening May 22, 2015, “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” illuminates the night in a contemporary and moving celebration of Walt and his dream of Disneyland, showing that anything is possible if we never give up on our dreams.

Mickey Mouse will take guests on a fun-filled and inspirational journey through the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, exploring his decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and the dream of Disneyland park.

Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” brings to life the remarkable story of Walt and the Happiest Place on Earth in a first-of-its-kind spectacular, presented on the magic canvas of “World of Color” with compelling animated imagery, live-action footage, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score.

Stay with us here on Disney Parks Blog. The unveiling of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration are just getting started!

Paint the Night Parade

Paint the Night’ Parade Starts May 22 as Part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration

posted on January 28th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Tink.jpg.fc85bc5fbaf794a5465c853185867374.jpg

For our next big entertainment unveiling of the evening, Tom Staggs and Steve Davison shared that we’ll soon be painting the night in fantastic new light with one of the brightest gems of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, the “Paint the Night” parade.

‘Paint the Night’ Parade Starts May 22 as Part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration

The “Paint the Night” parade brings some of the most innovative floats, vibrant costumes, dazzling special effects, unforgettable music and energetic performances ever presented at Disneyland Resort. This new, state-of-the-art nighttime parade floods Main Street, U.S.A., with stunning color, fun surprises and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights.

Monster.thumb.jpg.0c1dd8d405d1a8fc3251b992c3eeebb6.jpg

‘Paint the Night’ Parade Starts May 22 as Part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration

Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to harness the power of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust and “Paint the Night” in Disney dreams, bringing to light beloved characters and stories from “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Toy Story,” “Frozen” and more.

Mack.thumb.jpg.c931327b9aa2dab2d85a8ea97a4bdb43.jpg

“Paint the Night” is going to be spectacular, and we’re not done yet! Stay tuned for more big news for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, coming up on Disney Parks Blog!

Disneyland Forever Fireworks show

‘Disneyland Forever’ Fireworks Spectacular Announced for Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration

Wrapping up tonight’s big entertainment news for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, Tom Staggs and Steve Davison have revealed a completely new kind of fireworks spectacular for Disneyland park, debuting May 22, 2015.

MainSt.jpg.a654b86c4e4303d866173e2f44c561f1.jpg

“Disneyland Forever” shows just how magical the Magic Kingdom can be, in a sky-high celebration featuring sparkling pyrotechnics, immersive projections, and other effects that transform Disneyland park right before your eyes!

“Disneyland Forever” envelops you in an enthralling, breathtaking journey like never before, leveraging the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects. Main Street, U.S.A., and several other Disneyland park locations become a magical canvas taking us into a world of dreams, from flying above the London skyline from “Peter Pan” to a dance with King Louie in “The Jungle Book.”

“Disneyland Forever” also features two original songs, the theme “Live the Magic” and the inspiring closing song “Kiss Goodnight,” written by Disney Legend Richard Sherman.

Walt Disney once said, “Disneyland will never be completed, as long as there is imagination left in the world.” As “Disneyland Forever” caps off each evening of this once-in-a-lifetime celebration, we discover Walt’s inspiring words still hold true today. Disneyland will continue to be home to all our dreams and adventures … forever!

Tonight, we’ve announced the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration will include a special edition of the popular “World of Color” at Disney California Adventure park, plus an impressive new nighttime parade and a fully-immersive fireworks spectacular at Disneyland park.

Stay tuned, because Erin has one more exciting thing to share with you! And keep reading Disney Parks Blog over the next few months, as we share more details about these stunning new nighttime spectaculars and other surprises planned for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration – all kicking off May 22, 2015!

Sparkling Decorations

Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration to Begin May 22, Will Feature Sparkling Decor and More

posted on January 28th, 2015 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Tonight, during a special after-hours presentation on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland park, Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, announced that the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration marking the resort’s 60th anniversary, will begin Friday, May 22.

Carthay.jpg.b9f99f0d12950296d3a5a288c1eea37b.jpg

Castle.thumb.jpg.2814872613b788b558622f67a0f96a2e.jpg

Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration to Begin May 22, Will Feature Sparkling Decor and More Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration to Begin May 22, Will Feature Sparkling Decor and More

As part of the celebration, the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland park and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure park will glisten and gleam, each with its own diamond medallion featuring the letter “D.” The entire resort will sparkle with Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration décor and festive banners in shades of Disneyland blue. Also bearing the diamond anniversary theme, creative merchandise and food items will be designed to complement the celebration. We’ll have more to share on those special items soon.

“As time has shown, Disneyland marked the beginning of something bigger than anyone could have imagined and this Diamond Celebration embraces its rich history while honoring Walt Disney’s commitment to pushing boundaries to create exciting and innovative new experiences for our guests,” said Staggs.

We’ll have more to share on the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration in the coming months, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60!

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Personally, I enjoy the MiceChat rumor mill. It's entertaining to read their wild speculation and funny to see them worry at the thought of slight changes. I don't take theme park rumors seriously. Luckily for you they are pretty easy to ignore.

Toontown isn't amazingly vibrant. While I like Roger's, I can see them targeting that area for demolition eventually. The standby line is one of the best themed in the entire park, but it is low capacity with those ride vehicles. And the kids are not running around with Roger Rabbit merchandise, but certainly are with Star Wars and Marvel. I can see why it might make sense to do a star wars land there, the Toontown area could close for years and not impact the park.

The height balloons did go up, and it is probably just a first step to see how the skyline would change at DL when they do decide to drop in a new themed land. I would not expect anything significant to happen to the park for at least 5 years or more. Unless USH manages to impact the attendance at DL with Harry Potter, I don't see the parks in an huge rush to build out another massive project for a long time.

Toontown isn't amazingly vibrant. While I like Roger's, I can see them targeting that area for demolition eventually. The standby line is one of the best themed in the entire park, but it is low capacity with those ride vehicles. And the kids are not running around with Roger Rabbit merchandise, but certainly are with Star Wars and Marvel. I can see why it might make sense to do a star wars land there, the Toontown area could close for years and not impact the park.

That's not a valid reason to do it. Besides, Toontown is landlocked, popular and it always has to close early every night for fireworks. The area is also too small for something as grand as Star Wars. And they already have Star Tours in Tomorrowland.

The height balloons did go up, and it is probably just a first step to see how the skyline would change at DL when they do decide to drop in a new themed land. I would not expect anything significant to happen to the park for at least 5 years or more. Unless USH manages to impact the attendance at DL with Harry Potter, I don't see the parks in an huge rush to build out another massive project for a long time.

Height balloons mean nothing. More likely, they were just testing them for the new fireworks shows.

It's common sense that Toontown will not leave.

I honestly have no idea whether or not Toontown will be replaced or not, but I will say that new costumes is hardly an indicator of Toontown having a future. That's a relatively small cost to absorb.

I disagree. New costumes ARE an indication. And it's not a "small" cost to absorb--it costs A LOT of time, money and resources to make new costumes.

I disagree. New costumes ARE an indication. And it's not a "small" cost to absorb--it costs A LOT of time, money and resources to make new costumes.

Sigh. Keep in mind that planning/developing the rumored StarWars Land takes years so he's not saying Toontown is being replaced tomorrow!

^Aside from that, if they were going to replace Toontown with what would surely be a costly Star Wars land (I think it is safe to assume that project would easily cross the $100 million+ budget line), a couple million dollars to keep the costumes of Toontown up to current park standards for a few years until ready to close the land is a very small investment for a company as large as Disney.

Again, I honestly have no idea what is or is not coming to Disneyland. Just saying that updating uniforms is hardly a reason to assume nothing will become of Toontown.