TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CEO Henrik B Nielsen says in the interview that some of the special elements the ride will include, is something that most coaster enthusiasts really will appreciate. My guess is that it will be a massive pre-show, bigger than Juvelen. Good we have Jora to do the awesome work, in that case!

Djurs is, to myself, really turning this into a great, themed Pirate 'Land.'

With actual thrill rides, too!

I mean, Disney is so obvious, with Shanghai's version. And I love it, too!

But this has slowly grown and grown into a pretty nice area of the park...Arrrrrrr?

Looking forward to seeing what this coaster will thrill us, with.

533462617_ResizeofIMG_5077e.JPG.67e777467ea6e46ad7aaea15ac78b0ce.JPG

One of my favourite photos I took, in Djurs. TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.

Edited by Nrthwnd

^It really is turning into a fantastic park! I visited back in 2012, but I may have to visit again next year once this ride is open.

^That looks like a pretty fun layout, not too short!

Yeah, it seems to have decent length. I also like that it has a pre-lift section.

^ The unique elements, may be 'unique' to immediate theme park area locals, i.e. Denmark.

(And the layout isn't giving that much away, right now. Which is fine with me.)

I don't see any unique elements that the park said it would have.
^ The unique elements, may be 'unique' to immediate theme park area locals, i.e. Denmark.

Bingo. Djurs and FÃ¥rup seem like the kind of places that aim to please their regional markets (being Danish holiday destinations) first and foremost. They can get away with "[superlative] in Denmark and /or Scandinavia" and be perfectly fine.

EDIT: Example of their advertising language for Piraten:

Shiver me timbers, the wind's in the sails! Step on board Denmark's largest, fastest and greatest roller coaster - if you dare.

• 2 months later...
Well...uhm...isn't it most if not all of those things?

Yeah, that's the point. They're catering to their regional market. It certainly isn't the tallest / fastest / longest / apparent greatest in all of Europe, but it doesn't need to be, and they can get away with "best in Denmark".

In terms of their regional market, they really only need to worry about the other parks on the Jylland / Jutland peninsula, such as Farup and Legoland Billund, which are both a few hours away driving.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE 2017

The very first track and supports of Europe's fastest and longest Suspended Family Coaster arrived at Djurs Sommerland. Over the next six weeks, 80 trucks with 825 meter of track for the 30 meter high roller coaster will arrive at the park.

We look forward to showing you much more in the coming months!

14714925_10153781152621831_2941967080148456538_o.thumb.jpg.9c96fc11a456b9b26f10710a25835293.jpg

Source

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...