The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My team is still fighitng to be in the playoffs, but my team is finally fighting off this injury bug. Got the Lions on Sunday, Jags next Thursday and Titans on the Sunday (or Monday) after. Lions should be a W, Jags should be also, and Titans might be (depends if they rest thier starters because by then they should be as far as they need to be in the playoffs to not gain anything by winning or losing) (should be a like last year, except vise versa when the Colts Rested starters against the titnas).

I think the Bears, if they make the playoffs, will be a one and done.

^ Judging by that schedule, you are a Colts fan. They will definitely make the playoffs and will probably be the 4 seed sitting at least 11-5. The only thing that would worry me about the Colts is they still can't run the ball very well. Peyton will see much better defenses than the ones that he has put good numbers up against lately.

No way will we get #4.

1-4 goes to division winners, Titans already have our division. Highest we can get is #5.

Running is a concern, but Addai and Rhodes will hopefully be 100% by playoffs (Rhodes is 100%, Addai is out for the Lions game). We picked up an additional back this week.

Heck, if the Dolphins win their last two, they have the #3 seed. Who would have thought that after they started 0-2 and then 2-4. Of course I'm not expecting miracles here, being in contention for the playoffs in our first year with the "trifecta" is enough for me. Though winning a playoff game would be nice too.

^^

I wasn't going to say the Pats could be not making the playoffs, but I am happy if they don't for once in recent history. Even Patriot fans said the season was lost after Brady went out. While I think they were reacting fast, it sorta played out that way. Cassel is good, but is not 1/2 of Brady was. The Pats are winning and stand a chance to get in, albeit, a very slim one. I think Cassel will not be with the Pats next year. Brady is thier star QB, the only way I see them getting rid of Brady is if isn't what he used to be. I can't see them keeping Brady and Cassel with the salary cap issue it would cause. I just hope Cassel doesn't end up going to a crappy team that he won't be able to be what he is this year.

Just wanted to add something else that is a different from my last post.

8 weeks ago, the Colts were 3-4. Who would have thought (well, I always had the hope) that in the time since then that a team would go from being on the possibility of hte outside looking in on the playoffs to being the #5 seed in the playoffs. I think it is all thanks to one player, P Money. Peyton never gives up and finds ways to try to win. If they don't win, they die trying.

Forgive me, but it's time to brag a bit. If anyone caught this morning's broadcast of Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN, you may have heard Cris Carter, as they were signing off, mention "Aquinas football, best in the nation!" He was talking about my high school alma mater, St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale.

They just won their second straight Class 5A title, and will finish ranked No. 1 in the National Prep Poll, ESPN and USA Today's rankings.

The only downside is that I believe Cris Carter's son, Duron, has committed to Ohio State. Eh, I guess you can't win 'em all.

The Phins are climbing, the STA Raiders are tops in the nation.....c'mon 'Canes, it's your turn to get back to where you belong.

^^

Cassel is good, but is not 1/2 of Brady was. The Pats are winning and stand a chance to get in, albeit, a very slim one. I think Cassel will not be with the Pats next year. Brady is thier star QB, the only way I see them getting rid of Brady is if isn't what he used to be.

Brady's first season as a starter:

2843 yards, 63.9% completions, 18TD/12INT, 86.5 passer rating.

Matt's current season:

3615 yards, 63.2% completions, 21TD/11INT, 89.2 passer rating.

They could even finish with identical regular season records after their first season (11-5)....

It's also worth noting Bledsoe had just signed his fat 10 year contract as the "star" of the Pats when Brady took over...

Side note: I don't really care for the NFL or the Pats. But since I've known Matt and his brothers for a long time (Chatsworth High School/Northridge Litte League FTW), I have to follow him.

What a day!

1. P. Manning got a 4,000 yard season for the 7th time

2. Dallas Clark made a record

3. Colts beat the Titans 23-0 with backups in for the Colts most of the game and Titans for 1/2 the game. Also 6 of the defensive starters were out including Sanders, Mathis, and Freeney.

4. Neither the bears nor the Patriots are in the Playoffs.

5. I will give it to the Patriots, for losing thier star QB in week 1, they had quite an excellent season. I know some Patriots fans thinks the playoff system sucks because they didn't get in, but that is how the cookie crumbles.

Onto next week, even though the next weeks match ups are not set in stone (waiting for the SD/Den game to end)

In the AFC Wildcard,

Colts will play the Winner of the AFC West (winner of SD/Den in that teams stadium) Saturday

Ravens will play at Dolphins on Sunday

In the NFC

Falcons will play at Cardinals

Vikings at Eagles

Me being a Colts fan, obviously I will pick the Colts as we have beat the Chargers and Bronco's are not looking too hot against the Chargers.

I pick the Ravens over the Phins only because I want the Colts to intiate the new Stadium in Indy by beating them in the AFC Championship game so I can earn 300 dollars for working it.

NFC, I could care less. First one, either team will probably lose in the second round of playoffs. As for the Eagles/Vikes,

As for the NFC Championship....Giants and Vikings. With Giants going tot he Superbowl to make it a Manning Bowl.

One individual player I think to watch out for next year....Matt Cassell! He is going to start somewhere and it probably won't be the Patriots. I think Cassell could end up in Chicago, Detroit, or San Diego if the the Chargers lose.

AFC Rankings

1. Titans

2. Steelers

3. Dolphins

4. Chargers/Bronco's (whoever wins)

5. Colts

6. Ravens

NFC Rankings

1. Giants

2. Panther

3. Vikings

4. Cardinals

5. Falcons

6. Eagles

I also got something to say:

San Diego Super Chargers,

San Diego Chargers!

San Diego Super Chargers,

San Diego Chargers!

Charge!

We're coming your way,

We're gonna dazzle you with our super play.

The time has come,

You know we're shooting for number one.

With thunderbolts and lightning

We'll light up the sky,

We'll give it all we've got, and more

With the Super Charger try!

We've got a plan,

We're gonna do it for our super fans.

All we seek,

Is the goal line to victory.

We'll ignite you, excite you

With high voltage play.

We won't let up a minute,

We're going all the way - all the way!

CHARGERS AFC WEST CHAMPS!!!! I'm still in shock...

Being the winners of quite possibly the worst season from a single division in the history of the NFL really isn't much to be proud about.

I despise the Patriots, but it's a crime that an 8-8 team made it into the playoffs over an 11-5 team.

I got somthing to say

Fly Eagles Fly

On the road to victory

Fight Eagles Fight

Score a touchdown 123

Hit em low hit em high

And watch our Eagles Fly

Fly Eagles Fly

On the road to victory

E A G L E S

Amen to that! How bout dem cowboys? Choking in December again! Don't even worry about the playoffs Dallas.