TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

I don't like Jim Harbaugh (I'm sure Pete Carroll would agree with me ), nor do I want to hear two weeks worth about of sob stories about someone who probably is a murderer (Ray Lewis) retiring. Plus the whole sibling thing is going to be beaten to death, so I could really care less for this Super Bowl.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like both Ray Lewis and Jim Harbaugh (obviously) so I'm going to enjoy the next 2 weeks immensely.

I think it's funny that people are saying that the Falcons "shut down" Kaepernick because he didn't run for 180 yards again. They obviously don't understand the "read" portion of the "read option". He read the Falcons defense perfectly and correctly handed the ball off instead of getting losses on every run. He proved yesterday that he can stay in the pocket and STILL beat you. He's going to be hard to defend for a LOT of years.

And can we finally put the "Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana" argument to rest?

And can we finally put the "Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana" argument to rest?

I guess we can put it to rest for now, but if/when Brady wins his 4th Superbowl ring might have to get back into it .

Seriously though, I've seen a lot of comments and discussion about Brady and his legacy as of late but with his recent playoff losses, but come on, the dude is still REALLY good. 17-7 career playoff record with 3 Sueprbowl wins and 5 AFC championships, you can't win it every year but for the past decade he's come really really close.

I think Gronk being out hurt them a lot more then people realized going into the game, he's a terrible matchup for anyone and when defenses double team him then they can isolate Hernandez on bad match ups. Even without Gronk in that game, if Ridley doesn't fumble when he got knocked out cold (and he was really close to being down by contact), and if that ball late in the 4th quarter doesn't get tipped sky high and intercepted that game might have had a different ending. Two bad breaks, two turnovers, whole different game, but that's football for ya.

Tom Brady is still a real good player, it's not his fault that his recievors dropped all of those passes. And give the Ravens defense some credit, they got a lot of pressure on him. Flacco looks great, Baltimore has a real good shot at winning the Superbowl, if they can stop San Fran's Mr. K.

Even though my prediction of an Atlanta/Denver Super Bowl was a total bust, I'm happy with the teams that made it.

Being that my prediction was so far off, I won't even make a prediction for the SB. I just hope it's an exciting game and I win lots of money on my pools!

I'm a huge San Francisco fan so it is no secret who I'm for. The thing I don't like about the next two weeks is all the hype and sob stories we will hear. The game gets way over analysed in my opinion. Besides, it's all about the commercials right?

^I agree, two weeks is one week to long, and for god sake can we change the game to Saturday already? It would make so much more sense to have the game on Saturday night, might even increase viewership a bit (not that the most watched televised event of the year needs anymore viewers but you get my point).

^I agree, two weeks is one week to long, and for god sake can we change the game to Saturday already? It would make so much more sense to have the game on Saturday night, might even increase viewership a bit (not that the most watched televised event of the year needs anymore viewers but you get my point).

I'll second that vote!

I've never really thought about that in all of my 30+ years of watching football, but Saturday would make a lot more sense as it would give you a day to work off the hangover versus still going into work still feeling drunk on Monday!

Superbowl Saturday, huh? Well, I don't know if the TV executives would go for that... but PLEASE, what is the harm of doing the Superbowl FIRST, and then have the Pro Bowl afterwards?? Which game means more?? Not the Pro Bowl, it's a waste of time!! I'm not going to watch one second of it, I'll watch my Sabres play instead. Oops, wrong thread, my bad, I'll talk more about them in the hockey section.

^ I agree with the one week between games. Two weeks is too long.

So apparently Tom Brady got fined $10k for that kick ... he should have.

But on the flip side. Frank Gore got fined $10k for wearing socks that were too low. Something not quite right here.

Not saying Gore shouldn't have been fined, if that's a rule, it's a rule ... a stupid rule, but a rule. But it shouldn't be the same amount as Brady's kick.

^ Yeah the discrepancy between the fines is absurd. With this league it's par for the course though.

I still say the Pro Bowl should be a flag football game, and the league should hold contests where lucky fans could win spots to play on either team.

I don't like the two week gap before the Super Bowl either, but I'm sure the host city does. Although, who the f wants more time in places like Indy, Detroit, etc. The two week thing should only be in place when the game is held in Miami or SoCal.

Yeah, you probably would have a better game if it were played a week apart but the Superbowl is such a weird game format wise with all of the commercials and longer timeouts and extended halftime break that it might still be the same. I know a few people who have attended the Superbowl in person and have said that from a fans perspective that it's an awful game to attend. My friend said the stadium is over booked with standing room only tickets, the concession and bathroom lines are incredibly long, the traffic scene getting to and from the stadium in a nightmare, and the game itself is hard to watch because of all of the additional timeouts and commercial breaks like I mentioned.

Speaking of halftime, what terrible artists is performing the halftime show this year?

^ I agree with the one week between games. Two weeks is too long.

So apparently Tom Brady got fined $10k for that kick ... he should have.

But on the flip side. Frank Gore got fined $10k for wearing socks that were too low. Something not quite right here.

Not saying Gore shouldn't have been fined, if that's a rule, it's a rule ... a stupid rule, but a rule. But it shouldn't be the same amount as Brady's kick.

Tom Brady = 10K fine

Rest of league = 50k fine

^ Tom Brady > rest of the league ......... just kidding.

Here is a pretty good article that Yahoo sports wrote about the Harbagh brothers and their relationship to my alma mater Western Kentucky University. Their father Jack was the head coach at Western for 20~ years and Jim was actually an unpaid assistant for 8 years while he was still playing in the NFL. It's kind of a cool story really, the kind of thing that would get a lot of attention in this day and age of social media. Could you imagine the buzz that would be created if someone like Eli Manning or Matt Ryan were doing house call and recruiting high school players in person for their colleges? That kind of thing doesn't happen, but it's a perfect example of who the Harbaugh's really are.

Harbaugh Sons use unconventional methods to help father build college football pwerhouse

I don't have a problem with the "Cold Weather" Super Bowl, I have a problem that it seems that the only reason they are allowing it is because it's in "New York".

Now if they are going to allow the game to be played in other "Cold Weather" cities such as Chicago or Baltmore or other "Bad Weather" cities like Seattle, Santa Clara, Carolina, Kansas City, etc then I'm totally ok with it.

KC and Seattle have pretty new stadiums and Soldier Field is essentially new yet I've never heard of those cities being even considered for a Super Bowl.

I don't have a problem with the "Cold Weather" Super Bowl, I have a problem that it seems that the only reason they are allowing it is because it's in "New York".

Now if they are going to allow the game to be played in other "Cold Weather" cities such as Chicago or Baltmore or other "Bad Weather" cities like Seattle, Santa Clara, Carolina, Kansas City, etc then I'm totally ok with it.

KC and Seattle have pretty new stadiums and Soldier Field is essentially new yet I've never heard of those cities being even considered for a Super Bowl.

Totally agree. If you're going to allow New York, then you really have to start allowing it in other 'cold' locations.