TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So a dive coaster could easily fit the theme of sky beast, not only because of the dive elements and the loops and twisty inversions, just like a bird of prey performs while flying, but if it in fact does turn out to be a giga, then it would be the tallest ride in the park and would dominate the sky.

I think a dive coaster easily fits that theme, but I think imagining a giga-dive is a bit... optimistic. Sure, if they use up all of the Skyrider plot, most of the land between Vortex and Windseeker, as well as some other creative use of the surrounding area, they could have a long enough track to use up all that kinetic energy, but I dunno. Honestly, I have doubts it's even gonna break 200 ft, but I hope it does.

I'm hoping for 4 inversions. I know Valravn has three and CF wouldn't want Wonderland to outdo Cedar Point, however Valkeryia which is opening this year also has three... So the chain at least would still retain the title!

I also doubt that they'll give it four inversions, but like you, I'm hoping for as many as possible. Speaking of Valkyria, I'd love a similar, (maybe longer) layout. As far as dive machines go, it looks pretty exciting.

The only thing I keep going back to though is why are there so many markers offsite.

Dives are generally compact and I can totally see it fitting in.... but why are there markers throughout the forest by WWC and Timberwolf Falls? Why are there even more markers by the exit of Minebuster?

The only thing I keep going back to though is why are there so many markers offsite.

Dives are generally compact and I can totally see it fitting in.... but why are there markers throughout the forest by WWC and Timberwolf Falls? Why are there even more markers by the exit of Minebuster?

Dueling dive coasters

Dueling dive coasters

Dueling dive coasters

Im in agreement with a Dive Coaster but something is telling me this is not a Dive Coaster! Yes the land size, the size of track, I've overlooked a few of the track designs online and it seems very very similar to the same track design they have used for Winged Coasters! So therefore I'm not putting a winged coaster out of question yet I think this coaster is going to span in around the old Skyrider site (Station, Lift, and Underground Fly through, then I think it's headed right towards the White Water Canyon/forest area out behind the Theatre and in around the old Dino's Alive area and back in towards Timberwolf Falls and back into the starting area. The colour of the track is awesome as it would match all the forested area's in around the out and back section of the ride. Not only would I think this would be awesome it would also add in even more fun to see this thing while driving along the 400. Im not sure why they would be digging in around the Mindbuster unless that's maybe how they are going to be bringing in another extra Power supply from a source on that end of the park. I know a power supply would have been kept their from Skyrider days but might need more juice for even a bigger badder coaster! Either Way Dive or Winged(Really Hope!) this is exciting as opening an unknown Christmas Gift and being so thrilled with joy!

Dueling dive coasters

Im in agreement with a Dive Coaster but something is telling me this is not a Dive Coaster! Yes the land size, the size of track, I've overlooked a few of the track designs online and it seems very very similar to the same track design they have used for Winged Coasters! So therefore I'm not putting a winged coaster out of question yet I think this coaster is going to span in around the old Skyrider site (Station, Lift, and Underground Fly through, then I think it's headed right towards the White Water Canyon/forest area out behind the Theatre and in around the old Dino's Alive area and back in towards Timberwolf Falls and back into the starting area. The colour of the track is awesome as it would match all the forested area's in around the out and back section of the ride. Not only would I think this would be awesome it would also add in even more fun to see this thing while driving along the 400. Im not sure why they would be digging in around the Mindbuster unless that's maybe how they are going to be bringing in another extra Power supply from a source on that end of the park. I know a power supply would have been kept their from Skyrider days but might need more juice for even a bigger badder coaster! Either Way Dive or Winged(Really Hope!) this is exciting as opening an unknown Christmas Gift and being so thrilled with joy!

Behind Action Theatre is now Winter Fest storage and has a permanent building being built. No signs of construction moving north or south of Skyriders plot. The 5 pieces of coaster track on site are in the form of a very smooth slow climb out of a drop (I.E. Dive coaster). The 5 pieces are for the tunnel and on site early cause the tunnel needs to be installed before April due to them needing to open Vortex up again and make the center of the park less of an eye sore before season opening. Guys, a dive coaster is perfect for the park and that one dude going around online claiming this is an Invert needs to shut up and grow up lol Yes, this could be a new style ride blah blah blah, but as of right now we have a tunnel permit and trench permit filed for a tunnel under the pond. We nw have extremely thick track on site and a smaller plot of land being utilized. I'm sorry but all of this really does scream Dive Coaster and some of you need to chill lol You're dreaming too big and it's going to lead to you setting yourselfup for disappointment despite receiving an amazing B&M something at your park!

All I know is that I'm definitely visiting Canada's Wonderland in 2019. They already have two of the better B&Ms out there, so adding a 3rd one with an awesome water feature is fantastic.

If it is a dive coaster, those are extremely popular rides with the public. Any of my friends who go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Tampa seem to rave most about Griffon or SheiKra. I'm also a big fan of dive coasters as well. They're extremely rerideable.

....we have a tunnel permit and trench permit filed for a tunnel under the pond.

An underwater dive would fit in nicely with the theme of a bird of prey, which dives into the water to hunt, plus the track we've seen appears to be a brownish color, and historically the Ziz is brownish in color, AND the park already has two of the three Biblical beasts. So whether it's a dive or wing or something new, I'm pretty sure the name will be 'Ziz'.

But I too think dive coaster. I wasn't convinced at first just based on the one piece of track, but as someone pointed out we can use the 'Vortex' track that is lying right next to it (coincidence?) as a reference point and the B&M track does appear to be wider than your average B&M track.

Thankyou to Cedar Fair1 for the photo updates. Exciting news is definitely on the horizon, and the guessing game is good fun (and probably part of the tease!).

I also echo the earlier sentiments of people not getting their hopes up to the extent that they have some 10000ft, 50 inversioned, launched wingcoaster with flyer elements and a new prototyppe RMC/ B and M track in their minds! Because once the announcement is made of what we are getting, there will be the usual chorus of "lame" or "why didn't they build x, y and z"!!, rather than appreciate what Cedar Fair has done for the park in general.

I've always tried to be consistent with my appraisal of Canada's Wonderland as my home park. Pretty sure a lot us on this thread remember back to the days of Paramount and before! The park is unrecognisable now compared to then, and even if the "enthusiasts" don't like a particular ride or attraction, you can't argue with the investment or the attendance figures! You can't even say they are neglecting certain areas when they have added coasters, flat rides, water park improvements and a shoot em up coaster (Guardian), that although divides opinion is still better than nothing at all (ps I like the ride).

I trust whatever Cedar Fair have planned for the park, and think they deserve the benefit of any doubt that even the most ARDENT enthusiast could have.After all, it ain't the enthusiast spending $X million on upgrades!!

People said the same thing about cedar fair wanting MF to be the tallest until fury came and threw that theory out the window.

Good point. CF has moved beyond just being CP. They want all of their parks to do well and make money. And parks 600 miles away in North Carolina and Canada or even further away like in California, pose no threat to CP. Most people don't travel very far to visit a park. They prefer to stay close to home. And if they can stay home and essentially still go to CP (albeit under a different name) then that's a win for CF. They are making money on people who would never travel more than a couple hundreds miles let alone three times that.

This is just me dreaming, but I really hope this is a one of a kind Dive coaster that has a mid course launched section. B&M was planning on making launched coasters, right? So why not test it on the new Dive coaster at Wonderland. But again, just me having high hopes, will still love whatever CF is planning for us.

This is just me dreaming, but I really hope this is a one of a kind Dive coaster that has a mid course launched section. B&M was planning on making launched coasters, right? So why not test it on the new Dive coaster at Wonderland. But again, just me having high hopes, will still love whatever CF is planning for us.

You sir, have had too much to drink.

I'm leaning towards a dive coaster but it's a B&M so whatever it is, it's basically guaranteed to be a ton of fun. I've been looking for an excuse to get back up to Wonderland and Niagara Falls, so I'm thrilled.

You sure you don't need an excuse to head back to La Ronde? I mean, if you're already in the country...

Yeah, considering the number of mediocre or straight up bad coasters at CW, any B&M is incredibly welcome. And the more I think about it, the more I'm into the idea of a dive coaster; I think it's a really good fit for the park as it exists now.

I'm excited to get a dive coaster! I feel like it could end up being a record breaker in terms of height of the drop. If the life is built going up the hill and the drop goes below the pond, it could really end up being quite the drop. Time will tell.

Although to be honest, I'd really like a launched coaster or wing coaster and a better woodie or RMC.

I feel like it could end up being a record breaker in terms of height of the drop. If the life is built going up the hill and the drop goes below the pond, it could really end up being quite the drop.

The enthusiast dream, I am hoping for the exact opposite, I much rather see a smaller drop, but instead stays lower to the ground and interacts with the surroundings while blending as well to make the ride look a lot better, as i have already said. I am curious why you would want a huge drop.

I can guarantee that the GP will absolutely LOVE a B&M Dive Machine if that is indeed what the park is adding. They are fun, smooth, and are a fantastic "spectator ride". If they do name the ride 'Ziz' however, Cedar Fair will have outdone themselves in the stupid name category that includes the likes of Rougarou, Valravn and the gone-but-not-forgotten Beaver Land Mine Ride.

I also like that Wonderland will be able to boast that they have the only dive coaster in all of Canada, buddy... as is of course tradition.

How tall is Wonder Mountain? It wouldn't surprise me if the height of the new coaster is just below that to keep from ruining the view from International Street. Maybe also why they decided to go with brown track, to help it blend in?

I believe the height of Wonder Mountain is 150 feet. It would be nice if the park didn't build higher than that when constructing the next roller coaster as it keeps Wonder Mountain very picturesque and timeless when viewed from the main entrance.

I'm good with a big drop, but I don't need a really big drop. That being said, I think a decent sized drop of at least 150 ft or so would be best because it needs to not be completely piddly compared to the other big coasters in the park. Hanging over a drop for a few seconds is cool, but if the drop is only half as high as Behemoth's, I'm afraid it might lose something. I'm definitely more interested in the layout as a whole and how many inversions we get. I agree with nicman that a low to the ground coaster with a snappier than usual layout for dives would be very cool, but I'm not expecting it.