TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scale Coaster trains! Griffon and Alpengeist

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those trains are really awesome! I wish I had something like that when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I'm in "space is a premium" Miami and there's no room for something like that.

Bad enough I have to take my bowflex to storage to get more room!

Terry

The trains are on a base that is only 4"x11". Not too big. Get more shelves! LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

It runs a little better than the Scorpion in a straight line, but I have not tested it through tight twists. I would imagine the Scorpion is better through the twisties. The train I had will do 40 on the "drop test"(un-lubed). The best I get from a Scorpion is 35. They are very close, however.

These are amazing! I'm totally going to buy one of each and put them proudly on display in my room! I don't have enough space in my house currently for the full CD set, but I will definitely stock up on every one of these Statix models as they come out!

I would really love to see some of those wooden models too if you ever get enough interest from consumers/parks to build those! Best of luck to you guys!

Just read the rest of this thread and saw the B:TR trains! That was on my "Boy I hope they make this" wish list. Holy nergasm Batman!

Ahem (regaining some semblance of adult composure)...

If these sell well...IF? WHEN these sell well, are there any plans for other park ride models like rapids boats, flat rides, kiddie coasters, etc...?

Also, are the CD coasters and trains around the same size as HO gauge model trains? They'd look great in a layout if so!

I think its already been asked but I read through the thread and haven't seen it asked recently.

Will these trains be available online for $20? If they already are I didn't see a link on Coaster Dynamix, and if they're going to be any idea when?

Those inverted trains are sweet.

Probably a little late in saying this, but...

Maybe you could leave some of the trains white so people can make their own designs? Kinda like Warhammer or any other game like that, but with coasters?

Also, wil they be selling in England? (Please do )

They look amazing! Will definitely try to get my hands on one