TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Post-MCBR B&M

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Top Gun at GA, but that doesn't have a MCBR. I also liked Alpengeist with the "snow" and the corkscrew/zero-g roll at the end. Raptor is great with the helix and the corkscrews. Tatsu doesn't slow down until the end of the ride. Any of the batman rides. There are a lot of B&M's that have good pacing.

I would say the best ending is Nitro. The drop off of the mcbr is filled with airtime in the back, and the next three bunny hills have awesome air as well.

I would say Apollo's Chariot is a close second. That ride also has amazing air off of the mcbr and has some nice floater and ejector airtime on the hills following.

Raptor isn't my favorite B&M, but it definitely has one of the best endings on any coaster.

I almost completely agree with you.

I've never liked the last little turn into the brake run after the helix. I think they could have added just a little more track to make that transition more comfortable.

^^ What's interesting about that to me is that the GP love it. I mean, I've heard enthusiasts refer to Raptor's snap onto the brake run as an engineering error, but it's been my experience that most of the GP consider it the cherry on top of the sundae, as it were. I've ever heard CP brass refer to it as a very successful feature of the ride, and as something to be imitated conceptually on other projects!

^^ What's interesting about that to me is that the GP love it. I mean, I've heard enthusiasts refer to Raptor's snap onto the brake run as an engineering error, but it's been my experience that most of the GP consider it the cherry on top of the sundae, as it were. I've ever heard CP brass refer to it as a very successful feature of the ride, and as something to be imitated conceptually on other projects!

If you want good executed snapping ride a Batman. I had the best invert ride ever on one tonight in front row beating out Raptor, Alpengeist, Talon, and Montu. I guess after 13 hours of running they fly through the whole ride like no other. Don't underestimate those little beasts.

The best second half after the mcbr would probably be Nitro and Apollos chariot. They are both extremely fun.

Nemesis is relentless... Never slows down until the very end! Same with it's sister at Thorpe, The last turns are packed with G's, they really make my feet tingle!

Oblivion was a bit of a let down I guess, but I still catch some airtime on the very right hand side on the overbank...

Air is just lame after the full inline twist

Nemesis is relentless... Never slows down until the very end! Same with it's sister at Thorpe, The last turns are packed with G's, they really make my feet tingle!

Oblivion was a bit of a let down I guess, but I still catch some airtime on the very right hand side on the overbank...

Air is just lame after the full inline twist

None of those rides have MCBRs..........

The best would be Kumba or Dragon Khan. Raptor is okay after MCBR, really it only has the helix going for it, the rest is boring and drawn out.