TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride Ideas

I came up with this flatride idea (i mean i have others but i'm willing to share this one):

It doesn't have a huge capacity, only 16 seats all together which isn't really good for such a big ride.

The structure is really simple but the idea is there.

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/5H_3wDZ5PfE[/youtu_be]

The gondolas spin freely and the unbalanced nature can make for some quick movement.

It has lapbars and the arms go up and down by gravitational force.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone imagine a Giant Frisbee ride that swings like a Frisbee ride except the ring of seats doesn't rotate but, goes up and down the swinging arm while the ride is in motion? It would be like a combination of Drop Tower and Delirium! They could name it "Drop Tower: Delirium" !

I came up with this flatride idea (i mean i have others but i'm willing to share this one):

It doesn't have a huge capacity, only 16 seats all together which isn't really good for such a big ride.

The gondolas spin freely and the unbalanced nature can make for some quick movement.

This looks like it could be a real ride. If there was a way to add more arms or more seats on each arm, I could easily see a park use it! With the current design, it would be perfect in a small park like Quassy or a boardwalk park.

This looks like it could be a real ride. If there was a way to add more arms or more seats on each arm, I could easily see a park use it! With the current design, it would be perfect in a small park like Quassy or a boardwalk park.

KMG makes this. I believe it's called Fun Factory.

I've always thought this would make a pretty interesting ride and it's pretty straight forward but I'll explain anyway.

Basically, the trains are loaded at the bottom and they are 4-D trains / wing seats. The seats rotate throughout the ride so that the riders themselves are always sitting straight up. The train is lifted up the tower and since the seats stay flat it would basically feel exactly like a drop tower and you'd get a great view of everything as you rise to the top. Once at the top the train releases and you get a 300-400 foot free-fall and head over to the other spike, where you'll get another free-fall and it goes through a few more cycles on gravity alone.

Not super original; basically a boomerang / half-pipe / drop tower / 4-d coaster hybrid on a huge scale. I just think the airtime and views on it would be pretty sweet.

Ride.png.69b281ed7f96c5064075c3e34ce01d66.png

Damn, I'm bored at work.

With the new VR headsets i have an idea for a few rides that can be spiced up with them.

Any Wild Mouse: Car Chase...screeching tires as you round the hard turns on the track, cresting hills in San Fran, or Pittsburgh.

Runaway Mine Train at Great Adventure: Great train robbery themed VR. Or...Temple of Doom.

Vekoma SLC: Test flight of a new fighter jet, when the weather goes south. Alternatively, space themed where you go through a nasty space battle, and get beat side to side.

I've always thought this would make a pretty interesting ride and it's pretty straight forward but I'll explain anyway.

Basically, the trains are loaded at the bottom and they are 4-D trains / wing seats. The seats rotate throughout the ride so that the riders themselves are always sitting straight up. The train is lifted up the tower and since the seats stay flat it would basically feel exactly like a drop tower and you'd get a great view of everything as you rise to the top. Once at the top the train releases and you get a 300-400 foot free-fall and head over to the other spike, where you'll get another free-fall and it goes through a few more cycles on gravity alone.

Not super original; basically a boomerang / half-pipe / drop tower / 4-d coaster hybrid on a huge scale. I just think the airtime and views on it would be pretty sweet.

So what Arrow proposed for Stratosphere tower a while back. This isn't a new idea or original.

Another one, a weird mix of rainbow and kamikaze and something idk it's an original ride, deal with it!

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/Jyayj3y5GyI[/youtu_be]

Keep in mind, it's a double arm so that the capacity isn't absolutely horrible

Too bad more of these aren't around... Only know of two similar versions in real life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oRlVAP9Aga8

And

what program are you using/how are you making the rides by the way?

Edited by canadianparkfan

So much of what I want to see consists of changes to existing ride styles.

1. A chance yo-yo with half or even 2/3 of the seats removed, so that swinging your chair is safe and encouraged

2. Not sure this is even feasible, but some kind of shot/drop tower powered by LSMs

3. Gerstlauer sky roller, but 3-400 feet tall

4. A large-scale drop tower that can spin while falling

How about a VR ride that shows a video of a coaster that's not the one you're riding? It would just completely mess up your mind, ha ha.

How about one that shows you the back of the ride you are on, a rear facing camera.

The backwards one would be interesting, and it would definitely work! I tried Galactica backwards the other day by the way, it does a really good job of convincing riders they are going backwards. Something different for people to try anyway, and that's probably the closest you can get to the rear facing camera suggestion at the moment!

How about a VR ride that shows a video of a coaster that's not the one you're riding? It would just completely mess up your mind, ha ha.

How about one that shows you the back of the ride you are on, a rear facing camera.

The backwards one would be interesting, and it would definitely work! I tried Galactica backwards the other day by the way, it does a really good job of convincing riders they are going backwards. Something different for people to try anyway, and that's probably the closest you can get to the rear facing camera suggestion at the moment!

Launched coaster, anything with a aircraft carrier takeoff. Since those are launched

2. Not sure this is even feasible, but some kind of shot/drop tower powered by LSMs

I have always thought about this. I love Lex Luthor, but imagine how much cooler it would be if it shot you up to the top with the LSMs, being weightless at the top, then freefalling back down. Although the ride would be much shorter (albeit helping capacity).

With electromagnets getting stronger and strogner, this definitely seems possible at some point in the future.

what program are you usin/how are you making the rides by the way?

Garry's Mod, terrible to work with since the physics don't usually agree with making rides but you can get it to work and your mind is free to do whatever you want. I'm working on another one right now actually.

Swinging water coaster. Have the cars go through a log-flume section, guided along by the overhead track, it doesn't carry the weight, because the cars are buoyant. then you hit the first drop, into the suspended swinging coaster section. then up another hill, before going down a splash drop, into the station area.

Swinging water coaster. Have the cars go through a log-flume section, guided along by the overhead track, it doesn't carry the weight, because the cars are buoyant. then you hit the first drop, into the suspended swinging coaster section. then up another hill, before going down a splash drop, into the station area.

All my yes.

Actually, why not a bobsled water coaster? Like those old intamin bobsleds like La Vibora or Bobbaan at Efteling. Except with boat parts and a splash down.

4. A large-scale drop tower that can spin while falling

S&S has released a design for their power tower where the car (or tower?) will rotate before the car gets shot towards the ground. Take a look at it here.