TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cornholing coming to GL!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously cannot believe how many people have not heard of cornhole. Its great, sort of like horseshoes-o wait anyone out of Ohio has probably never heard of that before either. Seriously though it's a great little game, I even have my own Cincinnati Bengals cornhole edition I just got for my birthday.

Living in Ohio, I can tell you that cornhole is a pretty big game here. I honestly didn't think that Ohio was unique in playing this game and that many have never heard of it before. Its the perfect game for your outdoor festivities, like tailgating for sports events or having some other kind of outdoor party in the warmer months. As for it succeeding at Geauga Lake, it just might, because it is a fun and enjoyable time. If prices are understandable, I think Geauga Lake could have some success with this game.

This is one step above Bocce. And that isn't saying too much. And by that, I mean it's not saying anything at all because this sounds just like a bean bag toss with retarded rules.

But whatever. Does this count as another step on GL's road to closing?

I only recently heard of this game because I just moved to Ohio. It's so weird that this game is practically an Ohio-only thing. It's not even a regional thing. It's just Ohio.

I don't even understand what the big deal is. Horseshoes, beer pong, tossing a beanbag in a bucket 20 feet away -- it's all practically the same, yet Ohio invents its own hick version.

And don't get me started on "Sweetest Day" or whatever.

This crazy state!

I don't know how this will fit in at the themepark, as cornhole is usually played around here in bars. (I live in Cincinnati). Much like other bar games, it's best played while stumbling over drunk, so playing it sober is kind of a let down.

-James Dillaman

We have our own version out here in the SF Bay Area, only we play it AFTER stumbling over drunk in the bars!

I seriously cannot believe how many people have not heard of cornhole. Its great, sort of like horseshoes-o wait anyone out of Ohio has probably never heard of that before either. Seriously though it's a great little game, I even have my own Cincinnati Bengals cornhole edition I just got for my birthday.

We have heard of it in Omaha. It is actually pretty big here too, especially during the College World Series. We just called it bags though. I can't to tell my friend who has his own set its called cornholing. That is too damn funny.

I only recently heard of this game because I just moved to Ohio. It's so weird that this game is practically an Ohio-only thing. It's not even a regional thing. It's just Ohio.

I don't even understand what the big deal is. Horseshoes, beer pong, tossing a beanbag in a bucket 20 feet away -- it's all practically the same, yet Ohio invents its own hick version.

And don't get me started on "Sweetest Day" or whatever.

This crazy state!

Believe me, it's regional. We have two boards, beanbags and all here at my house, and probably every other house down the street. It's very fun and a must at all graduation parties and family outings. (Heck,we played it last tuesday at a Mardi Gras party). It's seemed to even replace DDR and Guitar Hero as the friday night game kids play where I live.

As for its appearance at GL, I think it's no big deal. It's just like all the other games you see in amusement parks like throwing balls into baskets and knockng over beer bottle pyramids (what's more hick than that?). Besides, the name really isn't that funny and this shouldn't be bracking or shocking news.

Kevin "some people just don't get it do they" C

^ Yep. Kings Island had this over by SoB over the summer for a week or two. It seemed like it was there on and off at least twice this past year. I imagine CF might have been testing to see if it would legitimately bring in money. You might as well try it out in Cincinnati where everyone likes to cornhole at each other's houses.