TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's Powder Keg Video Posted!

Hey everyone!

Elissa has finished editing the Powder Keg POV video from our recent trip and we have just uploaded it. Check out the main page for the link:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/

I hope you all like it. I think it does a good job of showing off how awesome the ride is.

Please post your comments here!

--Robb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It transfers VERY fast, and with the awesome fast crews at Silver Dollar City there wasn't a problem at all.

Keep in mind that while one train is out doing it's transfer shuffle, another train is in the station doing load/unload.

--Robb

Great video guys!

I thought the whole sloping transfer thing was really neat, it took me a couple of views to actually get this ride, I wasn't really sure what to expect, I was viewing the side transfer effect as going forward for some reason and was really confused because I saw the track facing the opposite direction

I also was "WTF"ed by the little blue pool splashdown thing on the 2nd drop from the lifthill, I didn't get it until Mark told me the effect wasn't working for yall haha.

-Justin "I want to ride that, it looks really neat!"

A. Lay off Social D. They've earned the right to cover whatever song they want to, just as Johnny Cash earned the right to do horrible covers himself (and lord, did he). By the way, that cover was done a long time ago, back when NOBODY CARED about Johnny Cash. Not slagging the man, just saying that 15 years back, there wasn't this reverence for the man in black that he obtained in the last years of his life.

B. I would have never thought that a video with one single ride could have turned out that well. There were some really nice shots there, as well as some great following the trains. I'm not a big front row POV guy, so it was nice to see some back row footage tossed in there as well (for me, it just looks cooler to see the rest of the train twisting and turning).

Excellent work there, Elissa.

A. Lay off Social D. They've earned the right to cover whatever song they want to, just as Johnny Cash earned the right to do horrible covers himself (and lord, did he). By the way, that cover was done a long time ago, back when NOBODY CARED about Johnny Cash. Not slagging the man, just saying that 15 years back, there wasn't this reverence for the man in black that he obtained in the last years of his life.

I respect your opinion of Social D. but I do not appreciate you getting a bit upset over some people not liking their cover.

Eric "America is the land of many foods and tastes!" Gallagher

That ride looks awesome! Great video you got there. *Goes and watches it again* That idea of the tranfer to launch area with rear spike is pretty ingenious. I'd love to have a rollback on that thing.

I sure hope the brakes below slow the train down enough incase of a rollback...it looks like it's ready to fall apart.