TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tigger hits kid at Disney World

Tigger 'hit kid' at Walt Disney World

Sunday Jan 7 17:30 AEDT

AP - A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the character Tigger is accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo, a spokeswoman for the theme park said.

Park officials temporarily suspended Michael J. Fedelem while they investigate the accusations, Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

"Naturally, physical altercations between cast members and guests are not tolerated," Suarez said Saturday.

Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son, Jerry Jr., posing with the costumed character at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The father said Fedelem intentionally hit his son "on or about the head," said sheriff's spokesman Carlos M. Padilla. "The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that."

A message left by The Associated Press for Monaco was not immediately returned. A telephone listing for Fedelem could not be located.

In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo. A jury found the man not guilty.

©AAP 2007

Assaulting a park guest... that's what Tiggers do best! On a serious note though, Disney doesn't need bad press like this after that leaked backstage sex tape. I wonder why the Cast Member lost control like this. I've had some pretty annoying kid guests when doing operations at my park ... but would never hit them...

Suspicious that the tape is incomplete though. I'd be keen to see that footage.

Still, there are cameras everywhere in the park, hey? There is sure to be some surveillance footage they can go off.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that."

See, here in lies the problem. Lets make a clip of our child getting hit in a friendly-teasing manor, and then make it out to be an assault by losing half the footage.

"The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that."

See, here in lies the problem. Lets make a clip of our child getting hit in a friendly-teasing manor, and then make it out to be an assault by losing half the footage.

I'm often a little too cynical, but this is EXACTLY, word-for-word, what I thought. There's no mention of the kid actually being injured, so I really can't see that it was an "assault", and if it WAS deliberate, perhaps it was just the cast-member being playful? That would be a serious misjudgement but... mistakes happen.

I really want to see the footage.

My thought is that Tigger didn't even see the kid, tried to go for the arm around the shoulder and missed. I doubt it's truly intentional. I'm also curious to know how old is the kid.

That was probably the case, or something simalir. Disney is getting turned into a Mc Donalds, getting sued for millions from the smallest of things, like not haveing a "Caution: Hot" sign on the Coffee. Do Disney cast members need a "Caution: Can not see, and may accidently touch your kids" Label on them? I hope not.

^The videos probably all over the internet and i just saw it on t.v. and its like a 5 second video so its not much but you'll surely find it on the internet.

i believe this is the second time that i know of that tigger got in trouble. also i agree lets see where all those videos of this to see who the real victim is because the news said that the person in the tigger suit thought that the kid was trying to get at his suit and like open it or something.

^ I've read that on the footage it appears as though the kid does something with the arm that's behind Tigger's back, and the castmember kinda recoils, but because he has his arms around people, he struggles a little and winds up grazing the kid. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the footage, but the kid is completely unmarked.

I've seen the video and it doesn't really seem like all that big of a deal to me. It looks like it could have been possible for the kid to have done something behind tigger's back before he got hit. Which, by the way, he didn't even hit the kid hard enough to leave a bruise.

Either way, if I was a castmember I would be sure to not do anything that anyone could say anything about...What tigger did was not a good idea even if the kid did something to him. People are very overreactive these days...

Wow that family doesn't look like they just stepped out of the trailer park. This has got to be a very pathetic attempt to score some cash so they won’t have a tow truck pull up and drive off with their home or something.

The video is clear enough to show, yes the kids hand reaches to the upper back of the tigger suite (looks like right below the back of the mask)

Tiger turns and his hand brushes against the moron. I don’t think Tigger did anything wrong, could you have imagined IF someone got his mask off? Heck Disney should prob thank him.

One law suite verses 50,000 lawsuits for all the traumatized kids. 1,000,001 reasons why I could never have that kind of job. I would of so dropped that punk to the ground.

I just wait for the day when a Disney lawsuit back fires and Disney gets the chance to counter sue for the damages related to the false public image created.

Here’s the video link for those who want to see it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CiPPxBxPBOw

If the link doesn't work search youtube for "Tigger Punching Kid at Disney World"

Cheers!

We watched the video repeatedly last night, and to me it appeared as if the kid may have done something when reaching behind Tigger that the person in the costume had a "knee jerk" reaction to, causing him to swing around. He doesn't knock the kid over, so I doubt it was such a "hard" hit.

The father reminded me of your typical jerk and the kid too. I don't think it was intentional and it certainly wasn't an assault.

It's easy to forget that there are normal human beings inside those costumes and that we all respond to being grapped, pushed, etc in some way or another.

Shari

I just wait for the day when a Disney lawsuit back fires and Disney gets the chance to counter sue for the damages related to the false public image created.

Or maybe they could just have the weasels from Toad Hall rub the family out before the trial.

^ I agree that this was probably just a "knee jerk" reaction. Case dismissed.

Yeah I finally just saw the video. All I can say is I hope Disney fights this and doesn't just settle for ease sakes. That kid was up to no good, and Tigger just turned around...it was sooooo not a 'slap' or 'punch' or whatever they want to call it.

Like others have said, these characters take so much abuse, yet they are not allowed to fight back, and god for bid that kid had tried to undo the zipper or the head...

Yeah, Fight On Disney!!!

Just curious here.

If it's on video, and that shows Tigger to be innocent, if disney gets sued, can't they counter sue because the brat attacked their character?

What is the differance between a kid commiting vandalism by kicking out a window or beating on a character? Vandalism is vandalism.

Years ago i remember reading stories of disney suing daycares over copyright infringement. Why not sue the parents for unruly brats. I don't think it would hurt them by doing this. It would send a msg, mess with our stuff and we'll mess with you.

Seems fair to me.

Why not sue the parents for unruly brats. I don't think it would hurt them by doing this. It would send a msg, mess with our stuff and we'll mess with you.

Seems fair to me.

I'm sure it seems fair to most of us in here, but that's not the path Disney wants to take. Going on the offensive would not send the right message in this case. I'm sure they're just thinking about fending off these morons, reinstating the actor, and going about their business.