TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Discovery Channel -- Building Tatsu

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ According to the show --- 49 seconds from disengaging the lift to hitting the final brakes.

He wanted a train to dispatch every 45 seconds. What you want and what you get are two different things. Maybe it was just wishfull thinking.

No. The ride WAS dispatching as quickly as 40-45 seconds when it first opened up until around June. I saw it in person --- the queue for the ride was constantly flowing quickly. Then again, I said "when it first opened."

I don't think the Discovery Channel in Canada is showing this

They DID. For some odd reason, it aired in Canada before it did in the U.S.

^ Ryan were you in one of the shots in line for Tatsu?

I don't think it was you, but it kind of looked like you.

The show was good overall, except for them trying to overdramatize everything...oh no! The coaster will be down for an entire season! Oh noz!!!!11!!!

I'm encoding/uploading a high quality version right now. It will be up in a few hours if all goes well Ryan.

You rock! Thanks Man! Ill check back later to see if oyu got it up!

-Ryan

No problem. The video is around 680 megs (.AVI) so it's taken me a majority of the night/morning to finish. It's uploading as I'm typing this and it's only a quarter of the way done. The show should be up around 9:30 a.m. (pacific) for everyone to download, I promise.

BTW if anyone wants to re-encode the video to a smaller size feel free to. I know it might be handy for the people on TPR with limited internet connections. I would have made two copies but this ended up taking a bit more time then I anticipated.

Sean

Download the full show here:

Building Tatsu Presented By: Discovery Channel

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nynzktimzc

(Just in case you can't play this file download VLC Media Player.)

Feel free to re-encode and host this however you guys feel is best for the site. I didn't post this in the video section because the file is way to big to host here at TPR I'm thinking. It's almost a 700mb RAR file, but media fire is a pretty fast download service most of the time.

Cheers,

Sean

(Edit...added another link just in case the first one goes down.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nynzktimzc)

Either the park operations guy was putting on the superlatives for the film crew, or he's seriously deluded.

I also thought it was funny that he thought the only way to get people in the gate was to build a bigger, badder, faster coaster. I guess he hasn't been watching the trends in the industry that closely.

^ According to the show --- 49 seconds from disengaging the lift to hitting the final brakes.

He wanted a train to dispatch every 45 seconds. What you want and what you get are two different things. Maybe it was just wishfull thinking.

No. The ride WAS dispatching as quickly as 40-45 seconds when it first opened up until around June. I saw it in person --- the queue for the ride was constantly flowing quickly. Then again, I said "when it first opened."

I don't think the Discovery Channel in Canada is showing this

They DID. For some odd reason, it aired in Canada before it did in the U.S.

And how slow are the dispatch times now? Yes, wishful thinking.

Yay for commercials for strip clubs!

Anyways, This is pretty intresting, though its funny how they always make a problem that they resolve in 30 minutes sound like the one problem that will ruin the whole project.

I watched this show yesterday and I think it was fairly interesting. However, I hated how everything had to be a huge drama. Also, why is there a trim at the bottom of the pretzel loop already? I have never seen a trim put on a ride before it's even built.

I know that it is a 49 second ride. The reason they had to change the wheels was that the ride was around 18 (or something with an 8 in it) seconds long. I wanted that ride, as it would be even more insane.