TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

The more I think about it while I absolutely love Frozen, I would prefer a new ride somewhere else in world showcase rather than a full blown redo of an already decent ride. I'm still hoping France gets a Ratatouille clone.

Edited by Moose

I wish the Germany pavilion would get the Rhine River Cruise (through the Black Forest)

that was originally planned with it, like it was supposed to. Big doors at the back were

supposed to open to the ride. And that Japan get the souped up version (same thing, big

doors at the back) of "Meet the World," a carousel-type attraction that eventually was

built at Tokyo Disneyland.

And maybe a steeplechase type ride (like Blackpool) in back of the UK pavilion?

And yes, 'Ratatouille' for France!

Lots can still be done with the original pavilions.

I wish the Germany pavilion would get the Rhine River Cruise (through the Black Forest)

that was originally planned with it, like it was supposed to. Big doors at the back were

supposed to open to the ride. And that Japan get the souped up version (same thing, big

doors at the back) of "Meet the World," a carousel-type attraction that eventually was

built at Tokyo Disneyland.

And maybe a steeplechase type ride (like Blackpool) in back of the UK pavilion?

And yes, 'Ratatouille' for France!

Lots can still be done with the original pavilions.

Seriously. It's not like they would have to buy more land to expand the park. All they would need to do is approve the billions of dollars that was needed to design and construct such attractions. Yo Bob! Green light this shiz!

Bob Iger was riding Maelstrom yesterday, so I don't think it will take a long time before they shutdown the ride.

The drawings are already done.

If the transformation is done similarly to how Test Track was redone (which means no to changes to the ride system, just the scenes), then I would think we could see this open late 2014 or early 2015.

^ I am guessing the Potter thing could work with the UK Pavilion.

And Spiderman? Ooo - Japan! A Japanese anime' version of the ride. Classic.

And - yes yes YES to an Imagination Pavilion redo!

I really don't know how I feel about this rumor. World showcase really does need more stuff to do. I think Frozen would make a good ride. But they are putting money and development time into a pavilion that already has a decent ride when so many more need an update.

In the imagination pavilion, where exactly are the two escalators that lead up to the 2nd level (image works)? Thanks.

The escalators are still there. One of them is basically in the entrance into Journey into Imagination on the left as you walk in. The other is to the left of that near the gift shop but I believe it's walled in at the bottom.

Here's a photo of the escalators from the Imageworks. To the left is the ride entrance.

DSCN1041.jpg.be6eddfa4e93ea61c7c131c11f2c9883.jpg

I don't think they'll ever use Wonders of Life again for an attraction. It works well for events such as Food and Wine.

I wish they would hurry up and put a Phineas and Ferb trackless dark ride in the Imagination pavilion. That whole pavilion needs a refresh fast and Phineas and Ferb are the embodiment of "Imagination".

I don't think they'll ever use Wonders of Life again for an attraction. It works well for events such as Food and Wine.

I wish they would hurry up and put a Phineas and Ferb trackless dark ride in the Imagination pavilion. That whole pavilion needs a refresh fast and Phineas and Ferb are the embodiment of "Imagination".

I love Phineas and Ferb and would welcome something to replace the current state of the Imagination ride but I don't feel that they are 'timeless' and would work for a long term attraction. I worry the whole thing will end up like KimPossible.

As for Wonders of Life, it's always been my dream to transform the pavilion into a Weather Channel sponsored place with Aquatopia in the middle and the simulator replaced with Storm Rider. Not a huge investment, but would certainly bring some life and work for the park.

As for Wonders of Life, it's always been my dream to transform the pavilion into a Weather Channel sponsored place with Aquatopia in the middle and the simulator replaced with Storm Rider. Not a huge investment, but would certainly bring some life and work for the park.

PURCHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would hate to see Maelstrom leave for Frozen. The attraction is priceless and effectively sends out the history of Norway, which is what World Showcase was made for, to tell the history of the cultures. Plus, I love Maelstrom, it is a fun and interesting ride for me, probably because I like Norsk culture........ Sure, it has Norsk traits, but in the long run, it doesn't send out the word that World Showcase was built for, yet, Disney wants to place it's movies in the parks, and I will just have to ride it sometime.