TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 119: Test Track closure announced, new concept art released!

I don't think they'll ever use Wonders of Life again for an attraction. It works well for events such as Food and Wine.

I wish they would hurry up and put a Phineas and Ferb trackless dark ride in the Imagination pavilion. That whole pavilion needs a refresh fast and Phineas and Ferb are the embodiment of "Imagination".

I love Phineas and Ferb and would welcome something to replace the current state of the Imagination ride but I don't feel that they are 'timeless' and would work for a long term attraction. I worry the whole thing will end up like KimPossible.

I agree. Phineas and Ferb's feature film was moved back to 2014 and then just pulled off the schedule which leaves me to believe Disney is planning on ending the series soon. No Disney Channel show is timeless, look at Hannah Montana and Kim Possible for example. Highly popular shows that lasted a long time and then lost their fan base after being pulled off the air. That is probably why no major attraction based off a Disney Channel show has ever been built.

• 3 weeks later...

Robb, Jake, and I tried the new Moroccan Restaurant at Epcot yesterday for the first time. It was really good and the location was CRAZY! I can't imagine the fights there will be for Illuminations seating when word gets out more how fabulous of a location this is. It reminded me a lot of the Italy Wine Bar. Same feel, same sort of menu options, and great service.

spiceroadtable.thumb.jpg.74636b24c2bd427d6861b02d88af67db.jpg

Edited by SharkTums

Robb, Jake, and I tried the new Moroccan Restaurant at Epcot yesterday for the first time. It was really good and the location was CRAZY! I can't imagine the fights there will be for Illuminations seating when word gets out more how fabulous of a location this is. It reminded me a lot of the Italy Wine Bar. Same feel, same sort of menu options, and great service.

I can't imagine you eating anything on that menu. They must have real good bread.

Edited by larrygator

• 3 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/epcot-international-food-wine-festival-an-extra-week-this-fall/

We’ve already got our culinary plan of attack for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival opening in just about two weeks (March 5 – May 18), and now we can look ahead to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival that’s going to run a record 53 days, from September 19 – November 10. Maybe this year will be the year to sample all of the great tastes.

That’s a whole extra week to take in the marketplaces, cool concerts and some very special dinners. Stay tuned, we won’t have the lineup of celebrity and Disney chefs until summer, but will share here on the Disney Parks Blog. And keep an eye on epcotfoodfestival.com for updates.

In the meantime, check out the Outdoor Kitchen and raised garden beds at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, a completely different culinary experience from fall’s Food & Wine Fest. Between the two, we have 128 days of yum.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/food-competes-with-flowers-for-top-billing-at-2014-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/

Instead of photos of the gorgeous flowers and topiaries, we want to show off some of the delicious new delights for your taste buds at the 21st annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival that opens March 5 and runs through May 18 – that’s 75 days to take it all in.

Last year was the first year that food starred alongside the flowers, and this year 11 Outdoor Kitchens debut around World Showcase Lagoon, each with an artful produce and herb-raised garden bed that showcases something that you can taste in the dish they’re offering, say, corn at the Florida marketplace, or pineapples in Japan.

Chef Jens Dahlmann had fun with the new Urban Farm EATS with its sustainable garden featuring tilapia swimming around that help fertilize the veggies. All three dishes are gluten free and two are vegetarian. There’s a pickled beet salad with goat cheese cream, mizuna (greens) and pistachios, eggplant grown at The Land pavilion at Epcot with Romesco (sweet pepper sauce) and spaghetti squash, and a ghost-pepper-dusted tilapia with crisp melon slaw and mint oil – and if you’ve never tried ghost pepper, it’s a kicky treat. They even have a vegan chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon and a gluten-free beer.

In all there are 16 vegetarian dishes and a dozen gluten-free choices. Each marketplace has three to four dishes, adding up to more than 50 beverages and 40 different food items. It’s your chance to try anything from pulled-duck confit with garlic and parsley potatoes in France to a “piggylicious” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch at The Smokehouse: Barbecues and Brews. Craft beers abound again this year, from a Tropical Mango Pale Ale from St. John Brewers in the U.S. Virgin Islands to Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale brewed right here in Florida just for the festival.

Get a full rundown of what’s being offered at each Urban Kitchen as well as information on all the other fun things to do at epcotinspring.com.

FGF083733LARGE.jpg.5730a4fa3d26cad9a72e362450db81e2.jpg

FGF083734LARGE.thumb.jpg.f74777b0450a847c915cedd346e35270.jpg

FGF083735LARGE.jpg.aab733a56e456c9173317ecd522f6900.jpg

FGF083736LARGE.thumb.jpg.647bc964584e9a5a36532ee4dbcd04fd.jpg

FGF083737LARGE.thumb.jpg.a0f45399da90378fefd5cf84e388606c.jpg

I'm sitting here salivating over the options available. Bacon and Cupcakes are awesome by themselves, but add them together, and you have complete awesomeness.

As for some of the other dishes, I loved the Brisket and Collard Greens last year. Who can forget Frushi? That stuff was amazing!

How I miss Food and Wine!

When I was an Epcot cast member, I'd always get off at 7 unless I was working IllumiNAtions (which is a sweet deal as well), then I'd meet my then girlfriend and go get dinner in World Showcase. It was even better when Food and Wine rolled around! Oh and during Food and Wine they serve the STRONGEST Mai Tais, led to a bit of an embarrassing with my family to be honest. I don't drink all that much so I was hit even harder.