TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top Ramen

Have you ever eaten Top Ramen Raw???  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever eaten Top Ramen Raw???

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell freakin' yeah I do. Sometimes I just eat it like a candy bar. I rip open the package and just eat it. Other times I crunch it up and eat it out of the bag. Other times I just let it sit in a little bit of water for a few minutes so that it gets a little soft (not that soft) and crunch on it for a while.

A few years ago one of the events in my dorm was the Ramen Bowl. The guy who ate the most packages of Ramen in an hour won the title. The cooking process was really slow and I went through 3 bags really quickly, so instead of waiting I just ripped open a package and just started chowing. It was kind of barbaric and nobody could believe it for some reason. Then, I had to eat the seasoning pack. That is what did me in because that was pretty gross.

I used to take raw ramen noodles to school for lunch. I would break them into bite sized pieces then dip each piece into the seasoning packet as I ate it. I even got one of my friends (a Russian exchange student) into eating it since she said she'd never seen anything like ramen at home hahaha My choice of flavors back then was chicken, but in my old age I have grown to prefer the ginger laced oriental seasoned ones.

-Julie

I have never eaten Top Ramen raw, but here is a good recipe if you don't want the soup:

1) Boil the noodles for however long you like (the package says 3 minutes but I like 1-3 minutes longer)

2) Drain noodles. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pot. When the butter is liquid, add the Seasoning Packet and mix well. (Sometimes it doesn't blend until you add the noodles).

3)Add cooked noodles and mix. I like to eat this with chopsticks. Mmmm!!! (This works with Ramen of any flavor)

EDIT: And yes, when I am cooking, I like to eat the leftover Ramen shards in the bottom of the bag while I'm waiting for the water to boil. Delish! ...Oh, and I am a sucker for spices so I have eaten some of the flavor packet raw a few times but not much.

I always eat my ramen in soup form. I never really cared for it raw. But what's really good is to cook up the ramen, stir in the seasoning, then sprinkle cheese on top. Now that's good eating. Actually I'm starting to get hungry right now!