TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Does anyone know if dollywoods season passes work for other HFE parks? Like SDC?

You can get tickets at a 50% discount for SDC, White Water and Stone Mountain Park.

Thanks, thats what I was hoping next year will be my first SDC trip!

Outlaw is my most anticipated coaster for 2013.

Absolutely. This may be my most anticipated coaster ever, and is the reason I've been lurking on your forum every day for about the last month.

Does anyone know if dollywoods season passes work for other HFE parks? Like SDC?

You can get tickets at a 50% discount for SDC, White Water and Stone Mountain Park.

Do you know if that is reciprocated? We live in the Ozarks, and are SDC season pass holders. We've never been to Dollywood, but that wing coaster looks pretty awesome.

^ SDC has continued to impress me over all these years, since my dad first took me when I was about 5, and the only roller coaster was Fire in the Hole. We rode that and American Plunge (the highest drop in the park at the time) over and over. With the one exception of BuzzSaw Falls, I have loved all of their rides, and I've no doubt the ones at Dollywood will match the quality I've come to expect.

Hasn't every coaster ever built been complained about by someone from just seeing the construction photos? Such as Intimidator, Skyrush, and I haven't been around enough to remember more. Rides which ended up amazing anyways? Unless there's some guy punching you in the face with the exact amount of g forces this ride is gonna have, you shouldn't judge it so harshly! I mean... it's got freaking barrel rolls!

Even though I'll never likely ride this mammoth, I look forward to seeing more of its construction and am really glad RMC is taking the reigns here!

really glad RMC is taking the reigns here!

I'm thinking you meant "reins," but the unintentional connotation of "reigns" might actually hold true in the long run!

If this project delivers as promised (adding to the success of Giant last year and most likely Rattler next year), RMC might just be the "go-to" company for new coaster projects in the same way B&M was in the 90s. Everybody will want one! RMC will rule!

Hmmmm.... RMC has three basic products: Iron Horse makeover, Topper Track makeover, and Topper Track original.

We've seen the Iron Horse, we're seeing the Topper original. If Rattler gets a Topper makeover, that would provide them a proven portfolio of badass rides to prove their worth.

^A little more competition is always a good thing. It's good to see other companies stepping up (for example, RMC, Zierer, and Mack) to challenge B&M, Intamin, and Vekoma.

Do you know if that is reciprocated? We live in the Ozarks, and are SDC season pass holders. We've never been to Dollywood, but that wing coaster looks pretty awesome.

Yes, it is. If you have a season pass at SDC, you can get a general admission ticket to Dollywood at the same discount.

Yes, it is. If you have a season pass at SDC, you can get a general admission ticket to Dollywood at the same discount.

Excellent. That'd be pretty affordable, then.

^No need to roll your eyes. Only one person thought there was something hidden but he hadn't looked at the whole picture. I mean it does say "clue" so can you blame him?

And I agree that the view from the lift hill is amazing!