TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I am going to wait for it to go down in price. I am way too busy with work and kids, so I know getting it now will cause conflicts since I will want to play it all the time!

But, I will definitely get it as it sounds right up my alley.

Guys. I have something very important to tell this thread.

If you haven't bought it already (which you should have), you NEED TO GET BATTLEBLOCK THEATER.

It's seriously the best platformer I've ever played other than LittleBigPlanet.

I'm almost done with the co-op campaign at my friend's house and we love it, so if you have an Xbox Live account, GET THIS GAME NOW. It's only $15.

The co-operative campaign is a nearly flawless blast, with a slew of well-made levels to go along with a fair learning curve. It reminds me a lot of Super Meat Boy without all of the controller-pulverizing difficulty.

It's got a lot of well made versions of familiar multiplayer modes, such as King Of The Hill (as seen above) and Capture the Flag (with horses instead of flags, it works perfectly).

As much as I hate to say it, this game does have a few flaws, such as dumb AI, seen here during a match of the hectic Soul Snatcher multiplayer game mode.

Characters are customizable and class based, depending on what tools/weapons you choose. You have lots at your disposal, such as boomerangs, grenades, kickballs, nerf guns, and fireballs. And did I mention it has a level editor for making your own multiplayer maps and campaigns?

As if that wasn't enough, the plot is actually pretty enjoyable and is full of great voice acting and lots of humor.

Seriously, get it now.

Ok! Ill friend u. Does anyone else play LBP 1, 2 OR LBP karting?

LBP2, yes! That game is full of awesome and is essentially a huge lego set for me. Here's a few 'levels' I made:

This one's my take on the "Skipping Syrtaki" (Tie Skipping) level...sadly the catchy soundtrack is not present in this clip.

This was made when the Santa Claw was all the rage on TPR.

And this is still a work in progress, a level based on one of my favorite Haunt mazes at California's Great America...Toy Factory! I even made the catchy TF theme using the in game sequencer (Don't mind my creeepy Pikachu sackperson)

In other gaming stuff, a fellow TPR member got me into trying out Mother 3 (GBA game not released in the US). Barely in the game, just started off but I'm liking it so far!

I just got Uncharted Two.

Now for the fun part: Wading through 4 years of multiplayer updates just to play singleplayer.

Seriously, why can't more update systems be like Motorstorm's? In that game you only had to update the singleplayer game if you were going to do the singleplayer game, and likewise with the multiplayer.

I don't know if anyone else has, but I recently finished a game called OFF. It's an indie game somewhere in-between rpg and horror. I personally was a big fan; it had some very good music and a very nice plot. It's not too long of a game and I recommend it to pretty much any PC gamer.

This was released today by Disney:

Link

Today it was announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. and Disney Interactive are entering into a multi-year, multi-title exclusive licensing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) for the creation of new high quality Star Wars games aimed at the core gaming audience and spanning multiple genres for console, PC, mobile, and tablets.

Industry leaders and creators of best-in-class blockbuster games, the development and publishing teams at EA will collaborate with the creative teams at Lucasfilm to provide audiences with all-new gaming experiences set in the ever-expanding Star Wars galaxy. As part of the agreement, EA studio teams DICE (Battlefield series) and Visceral (Dead Space series) will join BioWare (Mass Effect series, Star Wars: The Old Republic) in the development of new Star Wars games.

"Our number one objective was to find a developer who could consistently deliver our fans great Star Wars games for years to come," said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. "When we looked at the talent of the teams that EA was committing to our games and the quality of their vision for Star Wars, the choice was clear."

While EA studios will develop for the core Star Wars gaming audience, Disney Interactive will focus on delivering new Star Wars games for casual audiences on mobile, social, tablet, and online gaming platforms.

"This agreement demonstrates our commitment to creating quality game experiences that drive the popularity of the Star Wars franchise for years to come," said John Pleasants, co-president of Disney Interactive. "Collaborating with one of the world's premier game developers will allow us to bring an amazing portfolio of new Star Wars titles to fans around the world."

"Every developer dreams of creating games for the Star Wars universe," said EA Labels President Frank Gibeau. "Three of our top studios will fulfill that dream, crafting epic adventures for Star Wars fans. The new experiences we create may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay."

More information, including titles in development, will be announced in the coming months. Continue to check StarWars.com for updates on the future of Star Wars gaming.

I can see it now, the EA servers are already crashing.

I'm glad to see that we will get more games, but I'm concerned that EA will screw this up somehow...

• 2 weeks later...

I took about a month off from gaming to catch up on a few books. Finally got into the first Bioshock, the game was dragging and the fighting wasn't fun at first. Even though it seems like I'm always out of eve and ammo I'm still chugging along. I'm also working on Unit 13 and Little Big Planet Vita platinums. After Bioshock I might play Doom 3 BFG edition before playing Bioshock 2.

I took about a month off from gaming to catch up on a few books. Finally got into the first Bioshock, the game was dragging and the fighting wasn't fun at first. Even though it seems like I'm always out of eve and ammo I'm still chugging along. I'm also working on Unit 13 and Little Big Planet Vita platinums. After Bioshock I might play Doom 3 BFG edition before playing Bioshock 2.

Make sure you use your different ammo type to your advantage, especially in Big Daddy fights and EXPLORE. Exploration is paramount to gather supplies.