TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I think that would add a whole new level of desperation, for lack of a better word. It would also make it scarier in the sense that you might not always be able to protect her. That's probably what would scare me most if it was the case, and it would probably make me feel pretty crappy afterwards if I couldn't protect her. In a way I'm kind of glad that's not the case, because it would make the game a lot harder, and I have a tendency to be a rage-quitter.

WOW..... Microsoft just dropped a bombshell. Read it if you haven't yet.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I can just hear cheers and praises coming from all over the gaming universe right now. However, I'm not joining in.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Microsoft officially has no balls and has given into mob mentality. I, for one, was looking forward to how having the games be cloud-based, and built from the ground up to require online, would shape the future of gaming. Also, the family sharing plan, where I could share my digitally downloaded games with up to 10 friends, would have been a great deal, but that's out the window now with this announcement that digital games cannot be shared or traded. Yes, I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I'm not the only person who felt this way.

Before these changes, you had a system in the X1 that was distinctly different from the PS4, for better or worse. Now, X1 is basically the exact same thing as the PS4, with an extra $100 price for included Kinect. I don't see how this actually improves anything. Competition, and innovation, is supposed to be good, even if not everyone is ready to jump on board. Now, X1 just sounds like the exact same system practically as the PS4.

If anything......... This turns me off to MS and X1 because they seem to be suffering from an identity crisis.

I'm still going to sell my Xbone, like I had originally planned. Someone on another site said, "just because they wiped the spit away doesn't mean they didn't spit in my face," and that couldn't be more true. The damage has already been done.

I think that would add a whole new level of desperation, for lack of a better word. It would also make it scarier in the sense that you might not always be able to protect her.

This was a major part of Resident Evil 4 where you had to protect Ashley and made that game pretty difficult at times.

And I agree that the Xbox announcement is pretty much them running way with their tails tucked under their legs.

^And one of their only positives has been removed with their backtracking. The ability to allow up to 10 family and friends play your digital copy is no longer mentioned. Not a huge thing, but it seems like they're being dumb.

I'm really not that shocked that Microsoft back tracked and changed their position. They were getting so much negative press, and everything about E3 last week as a disaster for them. I thought they might wait a little longer, but I had expected that they may do something dramatic. Part of me also expected to see them do something where they drop the price of their system and just don't include the Kinect camera. I believe that the system requires that, but I'm sure they could strip it down and make it where it doesn't.

I've never been all that interested in the console wars. I will admit that I have owned every generation of Playstation over the years, including my currently pending preorder on the PS4. I've never owned an Xbox. I don't have anything against the Xbox like some do, I just have always preferred the exclusives on the Playstation. That being said, I think this ends up looking terrible for Microsoft, it comes off as a tail between the legs move. As much as the DRM issues sucked, I still think the biggest uphill battle for Microsoft is the extra $100 their system costs. For a hardcore gamer it might not be much, but for the rest of us $100 is real money.

More Xbone news confirmed by neogaf. The "family sharing plan," where you could let 10 friends/family play the game, would have only allowed for 60 minutes of play time.

So one of their "best features" that people are complaining about going away, was still a bad feature. Awful bait and switch tactic.

I think that would add a whole new level of desperation, for lack of a better word. It would also make it scarier in the sense that you might not always be able to protect her. That's probably what would scare me most if it was the case, and it would probably make me feel pretty crappy afterwards if I couldn't protect her. In a way I'm kind of glad that's not the case, because it would make the game a lot harder, and I have a tendency to be a rage-quitter.

While the game doesn't work like you want exactly, Ellie and Joel get split up many times in the game. You are always anticipating when it will happen. While I don't want to ruin the story for you, the TPR members that have played through most of the game understand what I'm talking about when I say that I HATED THAT GODDAMN HOTEL IN PITTSBURGH

More Xbone news confirmed by neogaf. The "family sharing plan," where you could let 10 friends/family play the game, would have only allowed for 60 minutes of play time.

So one of their "best features" that people are complaining about going away, was still a bad feature. Awful bait and switch tactic.

Marc Whitten, a VP at Microsoft, has stated that this speculation of "family sharing" only being time limited/demos, was false.

At this point, it's hard to say who exactly is telling the truth. But in MS and Whitten's defense, having it be a sharing plan based around demos would have been a complete waste of time, when everyone would just download demos outside of it.

anyway.... Now that the changes have sank in and I've thought this through more, I am ok with it. It sounds like MS is still committed to doing a lot of the cool things they had promised before with digital downloads, if this is to be trusted. The gaming community spoke up, and got what they wanted, so both sides of the debate can be happy.

MS still has some obstacles to overcome. The $100 price difference, along with the lack of trust from the general public, just to name two.

Of course he's going to say that, because anything else would make M$ look even worse. They've already lied many times during E3 and press conferences, so what's one more? A Google search yields pages and pages of reputable sites and sources reporting the same thing, and it's clear that M$ is grasping for straws at this point for any little positive PR.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers for the game but I found out what happens in the opening scene, but not how it happens. I haven't seen it, but a few minutes ago I actually shed a couple tears thinking about it. I have a feeling my dad will cry more than me in that scene though.

Of course he's going to say that, because anything else would make M$ look even worse. They've already lied many times during E3 and press conferences, so what's one more? A Google search yields pages and pages of reputable sites and sources reporting the same thing, and it's clear that M$ is grasping for straws at this point for any little positive PR.

Well, in fairness to MS.... what, exactly, would the point been of having a shared demos feature, when as it is now on the 360 you can download all sorts of demos, no restrictions whatsoever??

^^^Haha! I don't know if that's standard practice at trade shows or not, but they just can't seem to win. It seems like they need a new PR department, and some better consumer analysis.

Reliving Zelda: Link's Awakening DX on 3DS VC, the very first GBC game that I ever played circa 1999. Just beat Face Shrine, 6th and favorite dungeon of the game. It may seem like "just another 2D Zelda dungeon", but there's MUCH more to Face Shrine than that. For one, the music is amazingly mysterious and creepy (that's the only way I can describe it), and the dungeon map...the map shows that the dungeon layout is exactly the same as Link's face from his original NES LOZ sprite. Even creepier is the location of the water feature...it looks very much like a tear streaming down the face.

Face Shrine Music

FaceShrineMap.jpeg.db0bc97effb1cdccddc9bf2f976e501a.jpeg

Further adding to Zelda...I am also currently playing this game, trying to figure out where to go for the next dungeon...this is actually my first time playing this fully. I recently found the "World of Color Dungeon" and messed around in there. Also gotta love the MANDATORY trading sequence in order to progress in the game.

Also going between the two Oracle series, in the 2nd dungeon in each game. I had Seasons back in 2001 (Got it when it came out) and got pretty far but never completed the game. I've never played Ages before so this is a fresh new experience. The Oracle series is very unforiving though as when you are hit by an enemy, your moment of invincibility is minimal...so basically you can completely drain all your hearts in seconds before you can get away.

When I'm fed up with getting killed on Zelda, I am struggling on the ever-so-difficult DK Country Returns 3D...in the Caves world (Mine cart levels galore, can't help it but think of a certain wooden coaster that just opened at my home park!).

What is your favorite video game level that takes place in a theme park or carnival?

Left 4 Dead 2 - Dark Carnival

The level of detail is incredible. Dark Carnival has it all... rides, games, cotton candy, zombie clowns (with honking noses!) and an amazing sequence where you run along a woodie track while fighting off hordes of zombies.

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Krazy Kremland

They basically took the original mine cart levels, and replaced them with roller coasters. Love it.

I know there are more out there. Anyone?

The ones I can think of off hand were PSX game Jet Moto 2's "Rollercide" track, where you essentially raced on a dual wooden track (always reminded me of Colossus) where you can get so much airtime that you fly off into the abyss below. It even has the precursor to Hades 360!

On the PS Twisted Metal game, there's an amusement park themed level as well, but you can blow up the rides

Never got that far on DK Country 2 but the mine cart levels in the original game and on DKC Returns remind me of CGA's Gold Striker

I completely forgot about the Jet Motto track. I used to be addicted to that game.

I had some free time last night to pick up Bioshock Infinite again. Got to Comstock's airship and am now in the battle trying to take down all the Zeppelins with Songbird while trying to protect the power on the ship.

Also downloaded Mortal Kombat last night for $10 last night as part of the PS Store Summer Sizzle sale. Gonna need to put a larger hard drive in my PS3 soon.