TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I like the new Sim City, but there's no reason to play it when you have games like sim city 4. I think that one was (by far) the best in the series. But I really want to know: With one of SC4's strong points being the fantastic soundtrack, how good is the new one's compared to it?

Is 4 really better than the new one? I just loaded up 4 again and played it for longer than intended. I still love the game but wonder if 5 is better.

So I found some of my old GBA games the other day and I've been playing through WarioWare Inc. again. Still just as addicting and highly replayable like it was the first time that I played it around. Though I feel old that Wind Waker, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and that game are all 10 years old now.

^What do you say we get this thing off the ground?

Make a TPR Steam group!

Also, everyone reading this should post their Steam ID.

I'll start: Kittyhat

Sounds good!

Steam ID: randomguy2k6

As far as what I've been playing, I usually do some TF2-ing nightly. Also I've been playing Fatal Frame for the first time, the atmosphere is creepy as hell, even got a couple good scares so far

Ah, TF2-ing! It's been quite a while since I played, but would play every weekend, often joining RJVader for some games and of course mic spamming antics (Left many puzzled when I played CGA's Toy Factory haunt maze theme...bizarre and catchy...or drove people insane blasting Its a Small World )...Anywho, my Steam User ID is paintballjunkie287.

So, crazy Mario Kart 7 (3DS) story to share right now. I was just doing a 150CC Flower Cup GP (not, not that kind of GP! lol), and on the final lap of the race (course was Music Park), I put my "blue shell coping skills" to the ultimate test. It was on the piano section, with a bottomless pit to the left, when I heard the blue shell approaching. With precision timing, I braked to a stop next to the pit and let the AIs in 2nd and 3rd place catch up. When they did, I started accelerating to stay right by them, and all of us were right next to the cliff as the dreaded blue shell made its strike. I managed to get us all caught within the blue shell's blast radius, with me still on the course, while the 2 AIs fell off the cliff! It was a moment of relief, accomplishment for handling the blue shell so well, as well as a moment of !

Blue shells were the bane of my childhood. In Double Dash, I managed to dodge one on Yoshi Circuit during a 150CC GP, but that is the only one I remember dodging in ANY Mario Kart game, and I have no idea how I did it. I've learned to cope with them like in the story above, but they're still a pain in the A$$ regardless, ESPECIALLY if they hit right before the finish line and you have an AI right behind you. That last blue shell I encountered in Music Park was probably one of the few times I've ever been happy to be hit by one, mainly due to the LMAO factor. Mario Kart 7 was generous enough to show who had what items at any time, but that requires shifting attention to the touch screen. Usually I make my move when I see a blue shell icon in one of the laggers behind, immediately putting myself in 2nd place. But this past encounter, I was too busy drift boosting that I wasn't paying attention to the touch screen. I wish there was a "save replay" function in the game. That moment was absolutely insane, definitely one of the more memorable video game moments I've had.

^ Sounds like one of those intense moments in gaming. I may have to try that after just for kicks as I too hate being on the receiving end of the blue shell of death.

I remember one time letting my aunt play Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii launch title), being her first time ever. I was on a slightly more challenging level when she tries. Sure enough her monkey goes out of control, off an edge, ricochets a few times ultimately zooming through the goal below. The monkey ball was basically bouncing like a pinball caught in a set of those round 'Jet Bumpers' until it whizzed out. We were both standing there in awe as that will never be replicated again. So yea, that's my most memorable 'sigh of relief' moment in gaming

I've also had moments in my Pokemon adventures where I was on my last Pokemon and used 'Fly' at the right moment as my opponent decided to use self destruct. Good way to fend off a monster you are weak against

I'm about 2-3 hours into Bioshock Infinite and it's a very enjoyable game. Not only are the visuals absolutely unbelievable (at least on PC), but the fighting mechanics and new gameplay elements feel fresh, without losing that traditional Bioshock feel.

The game is very willing to tackle a lot of serious issues, and early on in the game you'll encounter a scene that will most likely make your jaw drop due to the nature of the content. Nothing is sugar coated. This is a turn of the century Americana Utopia.

I would definitely recommend the game. I haven't quite gotten to Elizabeth yet, but I'm at Monument Island, so she can't be too far off.

After playing some of the new Tomb Raider, I decided to take a trip back to the late 90s, digging up my copy of TR2. Of course I'm just messing around and no session of TR2 is complete without locking the butler into the freezer...good times, good times...

Probably still one of my all-time favorite games. If my P2 still operates I might need to break that out this weekend.

I started to play the first Bioshock last weekend and I can't get into the game. I plan to still finish it, but it's not a game I look forward to playing. Hopefully the 2nd game plays a lot better. Atleast I got the Ultimate Rapture Edition as a gift.

Okay, I'm six hours into Bioshock Infinite.

I realized it was Game of the Year about ten minutes in. There has never been a game that so perfectly captures the player, then holds them tightly in and gripping narrative.

Irrational, all the delays were worth it, this may be my favorite game of all time. So. Freaking. Gorgeous. (and actually pretty scary where I am now)

^Yeah, watch out. The aspects of the first two games are mainly there, but it doesn't quite feel like a Bioshock game from what I hear. It's still amazing though, I really hope they recapture that juicy, thick atmosphere and sense of mystery the first game had.

^^My friend preordered it and is playing it soon. I'll ask him and let you know what he thinks of it.