TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

To answer Robb:

As long as TTD and MF are running whenever I get back to Cedar Point, I could care less. Whatever it is it'll be fun, I'm guessing. Also, from the sheer amount of track, it won't be a short ride dissapointment like their last 2 coasters (TTD and WT) have been. I like the rides, don't get me wrong, but after waiting in line for TTD you wish they could like send it around one more time, don't you?

-James Dillaman

So my next question -

To all of you who don't think it's an Aqua Trax, will you be dissapointed if that's what it actually ends up being?

--Robb "I really have no idea, I'm just asking random questions!" Alvey

Just a little bit. I mean, every Intamin coaster is great!

I don't think it's going to be an AquaTrax for multi reasons. The largest would be capacity. You know how many blocks would have to be on that ride to move a lot of people.

Also the support issue, I think people are forgetting more supports will be bolted onto the ones currently installed. And those V supports are most likely going to be for support braces.

And dont forget, CP is trying to draw more people into that area of the park, one coaster isn't going to keep them in that area, I still bet on the larger plan of more then just 1 new ride, even if it is a relocated ride, etc.

As for being a dissapointment if it is an Aquatrax, I would say yes for one reason, that kind of ride should have good themeing, and CP cannot do theming in that size right. I'm sure it will be fun either way although.

Cheers!

... Just wondering, what is the capacity on the existing aquatrax? Real world, and not the spec?

Okay, let me begin by saying this is the type of statement that just makes everyone angry. Though you made some good points, saying things like "I bet you all a million dollars that it's an Aqua Trax" is just plain stupid. No one can be sure on what it is, and though you may be right, you dont have to say it in such an outrageous way.

Also, I would like to call something to your attention. Notice the statement I highlighted in bold. I have a few things to say about that:

1-Just because its low lying does not mean that it will be an Aqua Trax. You cant tell right now anyways, the supports arent finished and they could grow. Also, Atlantis Adventure is actually taller than Rita Queen of Speed .

2- All intamin track is the same, there is no "Aqua Trax specific" track type.

3- There is no Aqua Trax specific support type either. There are many odd Intamin supports out there. Let me show you a few:

I think I have made my point. I am not trying to start anything, but I couldnt let those statements go on. There is no way to tell what it is by the supports so far. Nuff said.

Angry... Stupid... calm down dude.

I have as much knowledge as to what this coaster will be as anyone else here. I'm just making the thread more active by stating "I know" what it is now. For all I know it could be a ferris wheel.

BUT in this case... the ride is going to be an AquaTrax. I'm so sure it will be an AquaTrax that I raise me bet to a trillion dollars.

The only thing that makes me want to agree with Aqua Trax is that funky piece of track that looks like it has holes for water to flow through.

Make my bet a zillion dollars.

Okay, let me begin by saying this is the type of statement that just makes everyone angry. Though you made some good points, saying things like "I bet you all a million dollars that it's an Aqua Trax" is just plain stupid. No one can be sure on what it is, and though you may be right, you dont have to say it in such an outrageous way.

Also, I would like to call something to your attention. Notice the statement I highlighted in bold. I have a few things to say about that:

1-Just because its low lying does not mean that it will be an Aqua Trax. You cant tell right now anyways, the supports arent finished and they could grow. Also, Atlantis Adventure is actually taller than Rita Queen of Speed .

2- All intamin track is the same, there is no "Aqua Trax specific" track type.

3- There is no Aqua Trax specific support type either. There are many odd Intamin supports out there. Let me show you a few:

I think I have made my point. I am not trying to start anything, but I couldnt let those statements go on. There is no way to tell what it is by the supports so far. Nuff said.

As for those pictures you showed us, do you realize how much BIGGER those supports were in comparison with the ones at the constuction site?

So my next question -

To all of you who don't think it's an Aqua Trax, will you be dissapointed if that's what it actually ends up being?

The heck you don't!

Eh, like I said, it's an Intamin, and it's at my home park. Long as it's running sometime during next season when I happen to visit, I'll be happy.

I sware this is track for a tophat! (but I might be going crazy...)

All the support connectors are on the "outside" of the track, in that case. Flip it upside down (or at least somewhere other than it is now), and I can say with certainty it won't be a tophat.

Can't quite rule out a loop, though.

^

Stop being so ridiculous. Nobody has infiniti dollars

When is the official announcement for this coaster (as an AquaTrax) anyway? I know it said it somewhere in this thread but I don't feel like navagating through 100 pages till I find it.

i think they are going to tell everyone that it isn't an aquatrax sometime in september. so continue your mindless speculating for another month or so

So my next question -

The heck you don't!

Ok, you're right...maybe I do....but still, I've been known to mess with people in the past!

--Robb "It's far more entertaining that way!" Alvey

The only reason I said this is, I think I remember Elissa saying as such.

IIRC, something like "I can tell you, it doesn't seem all that exciting to me, and the CP enthusiasts will probably be even less enthused by the decision."

Based on the PB discussion... it's an AquaTrax!

Danny "I'd rather be ignorant and entertained than knowledgeable and peeved anyway!" Smith

Oh, and James, that was just sad.