TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think it's alll a decoy for the brand new Giant Scrambler that their putting in... No? Well, then, I'd like to say it's great to see the track going up so fast, and again, I'd still like an aerial picture if at all possible, or some pictures from the bay, a little closer than the funcoast cam.

-James Dillaman

I call AquaTrax for a couple of reasons:

1. If it were an Intamin Rocket, I think the hydraulic launch system would've arrive by now. I remember when looking at construction photos of Stealth at Thorpe Park, the launch track was among the first pieces to be delivered. And then they've gotta put together the hydralic system, which takes awhile..

2. They already have an Intamin Rocket, TTD! (Well, that was a record breaking coaster, but still...if they're going to use an Intamin launched coaster they need some variety, such as water elements and inversions!)

My guess is it'll be a 100-120 foot Aquatrax with a top speed of 60-65mph, But then again, it could be an LIM launch Intamin like Calfiornia Screamin', I quess we'll see!

We'd know better if Cedar Point would hurry up and announce it! Magic Mountain didn't announce Tatsu's stats until November 2005, hopefully Cedar Point will announce a little sooner.

Super "Can't stand the suspense! Tell us what it is, CP!" Dasher

Yeah, even with the inversion(s) I'm still leaning towards it being an aquatrax. I hope so, so all the fanboys who were complaining at the start of this thread (I know it's a LONG time ago, but go back and read, it's pretty funny) can ride it and see how GOOD it'll inevitably be.

-James Dillaman

Nice, another inversion. There's a diff. between zero-g rolls and barrel/heartline rolls. A heartline roll twists around in a perfect straight spiral where a zero-g roll curves up while diving upside down creating a zero g sensation. Not trying to be anal, just saying that's what he might have been talking about...

I'm hoping this is just an LIM launched multilooper and nothing too exotic. An air hill, twisted curves, and now inversions - and vert. construction's barely even started!

Me too; it more fun discovering the new coaster this way insthead of having the whole layout uncovered too soon.

I have no idea about what it's going to be but the idea of an Aquatrax with these inversions souds a little bit too wierd.

My guess right now would be something like Rita with regular sitdown trains.

^^ first ever?

Storm runner does 2.5 barell rolls in a row.

Colosus does 5 of them in a row.

^ Then you're blind dude. As I was at CP 5/20 and there was plenty of track already on site.

Colossus does 4 heartlined rolls in a row. Storm Runner does 1.5.

I mean a double zero-g roll, in which the riders are inverted twice while going over a camelback. Basically a zero-g roll with an additional twist. The hill would have to be very gradual though, otherwise the rotational g's would be outrageous.

^ Would it work to have the track twist going up, going over the top right side up, and then twist going down again? That probably sounds confusing. ..I mean sort of like V2 at SFMW.

Yes, it would work. BUT: since you need (almost) twice the time for rotating the train around it's axis, this will demand a realitively high hill, taken with great speed and ascended (and descended) quite steep.

They could (and should!) have done just that on Kingda Ka...