TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The tower looks to be at its full height though. If you notice the left half is taller then the right half of the tower. So I'm assuming the taller slides will go on the left side.

That would match the concept art, yup. The blue "roofs" on the top platforms should still add some visual height to the whole structure. This slide complex should be quite imposing! Can't wait to see how visible it is in the park come summer.

Wow. This slide tower is going to be a lot taller than I thought it would be. Even though I'm not normally a waterpark person, this is really getting me excited.

Sorry if it sounds like a dumb idea, but would the rest of you ever want to see a B&M flyer at Valleyfair? It obviously wouldn't be the park's next coaster, but maybe eventually? Personally, I'd only want it to happen if it would have a pretzel loop because I've ridden Manta and Superman: Ultimate Flight, and while I really like both of them, they don't have too many forces outside of the pretzel loop. Although, a flyer would be unlike anything else here, and the general public would love it.

Not sure if they're even available anymore,,

They're available, http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/product/flying-coaster

In fact, Nagashima Spa Land is getting one this year.

If you're talking Vekoma, they too, still make them: http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/experience-thrill-coasters/flying-dutchman

but Vekoma > B&M.

That is something you NEVER here.

Edited by GCI Wooden

There are two Vekoma Flying Dutchmen in the chain. Firehawk at KI is from Geaugua Lake, well before Cedar Fair ownership, and Nighthawk at Carowinds, which is from the Paramount days. There are only three Vekoma flyers in the country (the other is Batwing at SFA), and they are all around 15 years old. I don't know that Vekoma still produces them, and I doubt Cedar Fair would purchase one. B&M is probably the only choice, but the aren't the most popular among the GP and are very low capacity for the cost. An invert is definitely the better choice for Valleyfair, IMO.

^^

Great pictures! I really hope I can get a chance to ride Fury 325 one of these days.

don't know that Vekoma still produces them, and I doubt Cedar Fair would purchase one. B&M is probably the only choice, but the aren't the most popular among the GP and are very low capacity for the cost. An invert is definitely the better choice for Valleyfair, IMO.

I think the B&M flyers are quite popular with the GP because during the two times I've been to SFGAm, the wait time for Superman never went below 75 minutes, and both of those visits were on weekdays. Of course, S:UF's lower capacity probably has something to do with that, but from my experience with flying coasters, the GP seems to really like them for the most part. I do agree that an invert would be a better/more likely choice for Valleyfair, just wondering what some of you might think about the possibility of a flyer.

Edited by VF15

^

Even though I think Valleyfair's next coaster needs some inversions, I wouldn't complain if we got something like that because it does look like a good ride.

I've always thought that if Corkscrew was to bite the dust soon, a Premier Spaghetti Bowl coaster would be a good replacement. Never ridden one, but it looks like fun and would be exactly what the park needs, a modern steel coaster with inversions, plus a launch. I'm sure the general public would like it, and it would be very photogenic over the lake (Corkscrew already is). Although, Corkscrew probably isn't going anywhere soon because they just repainted it recently, it can still have a decent line on busier days, and it runs very smoothly for it's age. Plus, if you removed CS, that would give the park a brief period of no inverting coasters. Even though the Spaghetti Bowl scenario probably wont happen, it could be interesting.

Late to the party here, but I would be extremely shocked if Cedar Fair ever bought a Flying Dutchman. As mentioned before, Firehawk and Nighthawk are both maintenance NIGHTMARES. I'm still shocked that both of them are even still around at this point. Firehawk is the lesser of the three evils (counting Batwing) in my opinion, and even then, I don't care for it as much as I did when it was at Geauga Lake/SFWoA.

I don't think B&M has done this yet but maybe they could make a launched accelerator ride for some of the CF parks that need launch coasters. ValleyFair has Steel Venom which has a launch and goes under the track, but ValleyFair still needs a full circuit invert and a full circuit launched coaster so those are my favorite possibilities for ValleyFair. Accelerator was 13,000,000 at knott's, but with B&M it could go more expensive and I think ValleyFair may be able to afford it. It would be the same size as the one at knotts so it would just graze the height limit. The GP and coaster enthusiasts would love it and it would grow ValleyFair majorly. With a nine year gap between our last coaster if it does come in 2016 I think VF would spend a little more than they normally would. Especially because Renegade was very cheap for how awesome it is. Now an invert is a better option in many peoples opinion so that could come next but when our next coaster is due I can see an Accelerator repacing the Dinos. There is a few kinks in the plan but it's a good one.

I would agree. I think there is a better chance of VF getting a B&M winged coaster before a flying coaster.

VF could probably get something along the lines of X-Flight for $15 million, but I think we need something a little more intense than a wing coaster. While none of VF's coasters are really forceless IMO (except for Wild Thing post-MCBR), none of them are super-forceful either.

I would agree. I think there is a better chance of VF getting a B&M winged coaster before a flying coaster.

VF could probably get something along the lines of X-Flight for $15 million

Or possibly something like Flug der Dämonen at Heide Park, which costed $17,000,000.

I would LOVE a wing coaster to come to Valleyfair, more so than an invert.

The reason I'd rather not have a wing coaster here is because it would not be that intense. X-Flight has its moments here and there, but it isn't all-around intense. I get that wing coasters are focused on the flying sensation and not insane forces, but VF really needs something that will blow its clientele away if you ask me. Maybe if it was a launched wing coaster like Thunderbird, I would be more excited about one, but that ride cost $22 million, which is too far outside the park's price range.

Edited by VF15

The reason I'd rather not have a wing coaster here is because it would not be that intense. X-Flight has its moments here and there, but it isn't all-around intense. I get that wing coasters are focused on the flying sensation and not insane forces, but VF really needs something that will blow its clientele away. Maybe if it was a launched wing coaster like Thunderbird, I would be more excited about one, but that ride cost $22 million, which is too far outside the park's price range.

I've heard that Alpina Blitz is an amazing coaster (Nearly identical to an Intamin mega-lite), and that cost about 9 million, according to rcdb. That would be awesome, right?