TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I highly doubt they'll be using the amphitheater because it is out of code and would be unsafe to use. Even if it was up to code and still in use, it doesn't help that it's located right next to Wild Thing's loud mid-course brakes.

As for the blog, I'm happy to see it up, and hopefully it will have a video component eventually since they tweeted about that. It's nice that Valleyfair is starting to interact with it's fans more.

Jungle...the Dinos Alive area potentially? Or a new jungle-themed dark ride somewhere...or a new jungle-themed coaster in the back of the park, an invert called Rex (or something else that conjures the image of "heavy")...or a new jungle-themed Soak City expansion. Those are the possibilities coming to my mind immediately.

Rumblings... that makes me think of a wooden coaster more than an invert. Perhaps we get an RMC in the back of the park...? Call it the Panther or Puma or something "jungle" like that.

Or they're referring to the rumblings of the guests complaining about Wild Thing, and it's getting new trains in 2016 along with a jungle-themed makeover. Or... the rumble of gokarts... no amusement park is without gokarts, not even SFGA and their land situation is as bad as ours... Gokarts in Dinos Alive. Or we just get a flat/old ride from another Cedar Fair park and name it Tiki Twirl.

Whatever it is, getting hints out this early suggests we may see visible site prep during the operating year.

I though they already used the gazebo stage for a few shows and not just bad karaoke.

Do you think this means anything?

OMG I sent VF a message yesterday on their new blog that hints for 2016 would be fun and here it is. I don't know if it is related to that. I am guessing this is for a coaster because it will have been nine long years since the parks last coaster. I know this is nearly impossible but I hope it is a giant full circut launch that grazes the height limit. The reason I believe this is even a shred possible is because of this thought I've had in the back of my head for a while is in 1996 we got wild thing for the 20th Anniversary and that might have equaled a giga back then for value. For the 30th anniversary we got extreme swing that to this day is one of the better flats out there and we are one of the only CF parks to have. So for the 40th the pattern predicts something awesome.

No negativity please this is all just pure speculation.

Even though Valleyfairzone is known for posting a lot of sarcastic/satirical content, I thought it was worth sharing. Don't know if it is suggesting that they're already site planning, but if it is, I'd be very surprised if that's true because it is awfully early for that, and they'd probably want to focus on finishing the waterpark construction.

Even though Valleyfairzone is known for posting a lot of sarcastic/satirical content, I thought it was worth sharing. Don't know if it is suggesting that they're already site planning, but if it is, I'd be very surprised if that's true because it is awfully early for that, and they'd probably want to focus on finishing the waterpark construction.

Maybe if it is a big project they will have to start earlier.

I though they already used the gazebo stage for a few shows and not just bad karaoke.

Do you think this means anything?

Yeah, they've been using it every year for many different shows besides karaoke (trust me, I'm a HUGE Live E fan). Maybe they're just trying something new? Who knows, I auditioned for Live E but it didn't work out. But I still feel like they'll get a crowd for the concert shows. It's outdoors, it's not easy to miss, and you can sit down. I'll miss hearing the loud dubstep that was played and the awesomely loud music in shows like Smash, Ignite The Night, Haunted Homecoming and Ritual of Fire; however it will be interesting to see something different. I personally don't want to see the gazebo go anywhere anytime soon because I love Live Entertainment, but that's just me. I'll stop rambling now.

And it could, it could not, who knows- it's VFZ. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure valleyfairzone meant that there are rumors, and they used an expression. I doubt the expression has to do with the attraction. By the way, snow, valleyfairzone isn't affiliated with valleyfair, and they are known for satire humor. So I doubt valleyfair told them to hint at 2016.

What about that photo of the hockey arena with the hashtag #GoWild? It's kind of obvious that there's a deliberate theme in these teasing tweets. Something jungle, something rumble, #GoWild...they do know something I believe.

So it hasn't crossed your mind that this particular site, known for its satirical content, is trolling you?

Wait, wait.... you may be on to something. Calling it now: Gwazi is coming to VF.

They tend to satirize in an outlandish, immediately recognizable and over-the-top style from what I've seen, and it's usually dreadfully unfunny.

This feels less satirical and more deliberate, laying breadcrumbs that are just vague enough.

I can also be completely wrong. Only time can truly tell.

In the meantime you'll have to excuse my clearly unwarranted mid-winter hope. Or just get off your high horse and lighten up, we're talking about an amusement park here. Key word being AMUSEMENT. It's fun to speculate and try to find connections, real or otherwise.

And about Valleyfairzone, why wouldn't Valleyfair tap into the fansites to tease the community? They just started a blog, which was honestly a shock for me. The park is clearly intending to use the web more fully, and fansite connection is a great place to start. The fansites can circulate word about the blog, drop hints that the park wants dropped "unofficially" to create buzz that fans then spread across the market area for free... this is a new age of digital publicity for the park and they're finally taking the reins. It would be stupid of them to not use the fansites.

^I'm sorry, you're right... My last post was a bit harsh. I guess I just feel like speculation in this thread frequently goes off the rails into ludicrous stuff purely for the sake of having something to discuss. Even the least credible of rumors from the least credible sources are considered to be discussion-worthy. Maybe I'm just expecting too much, and I understand the offseason can get long.

I guess I just feel like speculation in this thread frequently goes off the rails into ludicrous stuff purely for the sake of having something to discuss. Even the least credible of rumors from the least credible sources are considered to be discussion-worthy. Maybe I'm just expecting too much, and I understand the offseason can get long.

I've realized that too, and I think it is because of the off season. However, do us locals even have an off-season? Nickelodeon is pretty close to Valleyfair (I understand that it is no Valleyfair, but it's still something)...

I've realized that too, and I think it is because of the off season. However, do us locals even have an off-season? Nickelodeon is pretty close to Valleyfair (I understand that it is no Valleyfair, but it's still something)...

Well, even though we do have Nickelodeon Universe, I usually only go once or twice a year, so it feels like an off-season for me. Even though Nick Universe is a fun park for what it is, I much prefer Valleyfair to it.

Also, I'm aware that the speculation in this thread can get a bit unrealistic sometimes, but that's true for a lot of other threads. Besides, we'd go crazy if we didn't spend the offseason speculating about random things.