TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I have emailed Mr. Dave Frazier and he scheduled a day for me to present my ideas to him that regard Valleyfair's future success. Thanks for the advice Coaster Bill! Wish me good luck!

here lies the grave of coaster bill. (rip ???-2016)

^ huh??

Do some of the people on this thread not look at any of the other threads here?? Coasterbill is know for being humorous, witty and sarcastic. It is part of his charm.

Anywhoooooo ------

It is nice to see them investing into this park, even if it isn't really anything I'm excited about. I really enjoyed the park, the atmosphere, the employees and the rides when I visited and would love to visit again.

Call the park and inform them of this incredible idea. Tell them that you're 13

You think that was rude? That was sarcasm...I saw his age and that's why I approached it the way that I did.

I direct you once again to the disclaimer at the bottom of the site. I didn't intend to offend anyone, but if you were offended I sincerely don't care.

Anyway, sorry if you were offended by that I can't help you.

Come on, it's not a big deal. Stop backpedaling and move on.

^^Oh good lord. I've been trying to diffuse the situation for awhile and I've been trying to leave but since you insist on piling on I want to point out that nobody outside of this thread full of people who have always been offended by everything was offended.

It's this pattern of communication that's currently sinking Donald Trump: Be rude, get called out for it, blow your chance to apologize, further exasperate the problem by trying to reframe the central issue as being everyone else's hypersensitive inability to take a joke, and then act like you're being piled on unfairly.

Having a TOS sense of humor shares nothing in common with mocking members of our community for their views. To make matters worse, you cite the poster's youth as the excuse that gave you permission to write in such a toxic tone. No winks or tongue smilies, to boot. You're the adult: set a better example. Indeed, grating and annoying members sometimes show up at the door, and some of them have been young. However, we all play armchair GM and park manager from time to time. Sharing our thoughts on what we'd like to see at the parks we enjoy isn't tantamount to telling a park what to do, or acting like we know better than the park's actual managers. There's a big difference between calling out an annoying poster and actively trying to discourage a young person's enthusiasm and sense of inclusion in this hobby. I enjoy many of your posts, Bill, but I can't be with you on this one. I'm helping to raise several coaster-loving kids, and I wouldn't want them to be handled by this community in that manner, so I extend my support to all of the younger members who want to share in and contribute to a positive environment here.

Can I re assure everyone that the way I meant my original post to be taken was not interpreted the way I wanted it to be. I wrote it in an intentional childish form with vocabulary that doesnt even exist. "Unsmartness" I didnt realize it would be taken seriously and cause all of this. This isnt what I wanted. While most of this discussion was sarcastic it was taken to a decent extreme.

Im not pointing fingers to a specific person. I say this because in everyone's defenses they claim that I meant what I said in the way it was said.

Edited by VFhauntblog

I'm not sure why you're still on about this. Are you trying to justify why you're offended? You don't need to do that. You're welcome to react however you want to my posts and I'm welcome to not care. Which I don't. At all.

I brought up a bunch of entirely valid points about the KD thread that you chose to ignore because you know if you talked to Robb about the (hilarious) way he talked to Madmax like you're talking to me about this much more lighthearted sarcasm you'd be mocked in a hilarious way (as you should be) and possibly banned.

I apologize all the time when I cross the line (search through my posts) but I don't apologize if you're offended by me talking about PowerPoint presentations. Especially when the person I was actually talking to doesn't care at all and hit me back with a really funny line because he has a sense of humor.

Can we please drop this. You're all offended. I don't care, I'm never going to care and I feel like that puts us at an impasse.

I wasnt specifically reffering to you. I was trying to get my point out because everyone thought I meant what I said in my original post, that they thought that was the actual way they thought I saw things.

That was a response to the post above yours, sorry for the confusion.

I wasnt specifically reffering to you. I was trying to get my point out because everyone thought I meant what I said in my original post, that they thought that was the actual way they thought I saw things.

That was a response to the post above yours, sorry for the confusion.

Yeah I eventually realized that after I sent mine.

^ huh??

Do some of the people on this thread not look at any of the other threads here?? Coasterbill is know for being humorous, witty and sarcastic. It is part of his charm

Seriously. Anyone offended by Bill's humor and wit has to be new around here.

Can I re assure everyone that the way I meant my original post to be taken was not interpreted the way I wanted it to be. I wrote it in an intentional childish form with vocabulary that doesnt even exist. "Unsmartness" I didnt realize it would be taken seriously and cause all of this. This isnt what I wanted. While most of this discussion was sarcastic it was taken to a decent extreme.

Im not pointing fingers to a specific person. I say this because in everyone's defenses they claim that I meant what I said in the way it was said.

I assumed you were serious too, and started rolling my eyes thinking "what does this person think he knows about theme park operations, and where can you put three new coasters when there's not even room for one".

Maybe best not to use sarcasm on an internet forum, especially without an /s tag.

So, about this amusement park in Minnesota

This argument needs to stop. I don't care what anyone said, it's not worth arguing over for 4-5 pages.

Edit: I didn't refresh the page so I didn't see about six new posts. The argument seems to have ended. Proceed with discussion and ignore my last remark

Edited by MidwestThemeParks

I assumed you were serious too, and started rolling my eyes thinking "what does this person think he knows about theme park operations, and where can you put three new coasters when there's not even room for one".

Maybe best not to use sarcasm on an internet forum, especially without an /s tag.

But they could add at least 2 new large attractions, but it would require the removal of excalibur and dinos alive. They could add a 3rd if they removed the riptide, bumper cars, midway stage, wild thing, the amphitheater (I mean they never use it) in fact they could add a 4th! Just remove highway 101. Edit: yes, this was sarcastic (except for the first sentence)

Edited by VFhauntblog

But they could add at least 2 new large attractions, but it would require the removal of excalibur and dinos alive. They could add a 3rd if they removed the riptide, bumper cars, midway stage, wild thing, the amphitheater (I mean they never use it) in fact they could add a 4th! Just remove highway 101.

I wouldn't say that they can add two large attractions if they have to remove something to add them.

Remove Wild Thing, that would probably be their stupidest move ever. One of the good things about the ride lineup at VF is that they have a hyper. And Renegade.