TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I have an odd feeling it will be named after something minnesota related. There was a semi confirmed b&m invert coming to valley fair in the early 2000's. they even had a name "Falcon: Birds of Prey". I was thinking the name could be bird related or something along the lines like "timber wolf". i think the name ridge runner would be a good name

You call others fanboys (and I admittedly am one), but I think you must be one of the the biggest fan boys if you think VF is going to get a Maverick like coaster. Maverick cost $21 million in 2007 and would cost $24,138,841.42 in 2014 when adjusted for inflation and would be even more expensive in 2016. Plus the added cost of removing CS and The Wave make that number go even higher. garyman6 knows GM Dave also and walked the park with him earlier this year and he told him that VF would not be getting a Banshee sized coaster which cost $24 million so based on that a Maverick type coaster is not happening either. Maverick is my favorite steel coaster and I would LOVE to have one at VF but only a hardcore fan boy would think that CF would put one of their flag ship coasters (or one like it) into their 2nd smallest park in the chain. The attendance and revenue would not support it from a return on investment standpoint for the corporate office.

There is that Screamscape rumor that VF would be getting a multi-year investment similar to what Carowinds is getting ($50 million over 3 years). Presumably, nearly half of that investment is going into the giga coaster Carowinds is supposedly getting next year. If VF got a similar investment, it isn't outrageous to think that we could get a Maverick-sized or Banshee-sized ride for our next coaster.

Also, am I the only one who is hoping for something OTHER than a B&M invert?

The main issue, afaik, with Intamin is their reliability factor's especially in the US where they have to go thru a separate channel than European parks do. For reliability reasons I hope they go with B&M if/when they do finally get their next big coaster as it's not much fun to work on debuting a new coaster with the hope of having it open opening day and have an inordinate amount of down time tied to it.

First post here.. I hope to see possibly a B&M dive coaster custom, with inversions, as Cedar Fair has not tried a dive coaster in any of their parks. My second is maybe a Mack Rides launch coaster with the size of Maverick or larger. If those don't work then stick with the B&M inverted?

There is that Screamscape rumor that VF would be getting a multi-year investment similar to what Carowinds is getting ($50 million over 3 years). Presumably, nearly half of that investment is going into the giga coaster Carowinds is supposedly getting next year. If VF got a similar investment, it isn't outrageous to think that we could get a Maverick-sized or Banshee-sized ride for our next coaster.

Also, am I the only one who is hoping for something OTHER than a B&M invert?

Oh no, I would rather have an Intamin or Mack launch coaster. But for all the reasons discussed in this thread I think a B&M Invert will be the next coaster at VF. Hopefully I am wrong and they surprise me with an Intamin Maverick style or Mega-Lite coaster. I just hope they don't get a Winged coaster if it is a B&M. I would enjoy a B&M Invert or Floorless but would be ecstatic if the park got a Intamin Maverick style or Mega-Lite coaster.

B&M - invert of corse but i want a complete original layout.. something with at least 5 inversions over 150 ft tall and over 3,000 feet. colors red track black supports. other wise i would be happy with a smaller wing rider same colors and with 4 inversions..i really don"t see them getting a floorless since dorney is the only park with one. and stand up when was the last time they built one of those...

Intamin- def want a maverick or smaller one.. it would do wonders at our park...we know for sure it def wont be a giga since we cant go over 300 ft... now a mega lite . their cool but we all ready have ex and thats kinda like it..now the right move would be a launch ie storm runner .. i would DIE ... it would be perfect for our park small compact gives a big punch...

Mack - nope

I guess time will tell and we will see... as for the location for the new coaster.. i either want amphitheater /enterprise for invert... move the enterprise into wild things turn around. and tons of room for our invert..wing rider in dinos spot or cork.. and the launch back of the park with expansion...

I was at Valleyfair this evening for a couple of hours walking around looking at land areas were they could put a B&M inverted coaster. They could move the enterprise and put it over were the old tilt a whirl use to sit by Wild Thing would be a perfect spot for the enterprise plenty of room for it. And take out the amphitheatre tare it down and how many times has the theatre been open this summer for shows? So far since I have been to the park I haven't seen the theatre open at all. So all that land space were the chaos, enterprise, under the Wild Thing turn around could put a cobra roll in there and were the amphitheatre sits plus use the current walk ways for the inverted coaster and move the walk ways around the inverted coaster would make room for one up in the front of the park.

Sorry this has nothing to do with the "future coaster" conversations, but I was one of the winners for the Best Day Ever contest, meaning I won tickets, souvenir bottles, and fast lane passes. I was wondering where are the fast lane pass entrances on those select rides? I really can't remember and I'd rather know ahead of time instead of walking around confused. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this has nothing to do with the "future coaster" conversations, but I was one of the winners for the Best Day Ever contest, meaning I won tickets, souvenir bottles, and fast lane passes. I was wondering where are the fast lane pass entrances on those select rides? I really can't remember and I'd rather know ahead of time instead of walking around confused. Thanks in advance!

Cool! What did you do use to film your Best Day Ever? Camera phone? Handheld video camera? How long was it? Are you sharing it some where like YouTube that we can take a look at it?

Cool! What did you do use to film your Best Day Ever? Camera phone? Handheld video camera? How long was it? Are you sharing it some where like YouTube that we can take a look at it?

I used my camera that I usually use to take photos at the park and downloaded them to my phone, the video was really short but here it is! http://magis.to/Kzs_W1NQHgd9KHwHDmEwCXh8?source=twitter (The pics are all from my 4th of July visit, you can see more pictures on my blog!)

^

Well, I read a rumor that they might build new parking spaces in the grassy area east of the current lot and use the some of the old parking land as space for new attractions. Again, that's just a rumor, but it would be a good option if they want to expand the park with removing other attractions.

If this rumor ends up happening, and they use that land for a coaster, I could see them doing something Gatekeeper-like and have the coaster travel over the park entrance. It wouldn't have to be a wing coaster. They could easily do it with an invert. Also, a coaster built in that area would have good curb appeal.

Edited by VF15

I was at the park this evening I didn't see any markings over by the toll booths or any were in the parking lot. How about a B&M flyer like Manta? A B&M flyer over the main entrance would look really neat looking. B&M flyer I could see one at Valleyfair.

all im saying is that i know dave.. and i have friends who work in the park ... their not dip and dots employees lets just say...like were you fan boys get your info from.. i bet you didnt know with the addition of possibly removing cork the wave would go with it too...so yes THAT will clear up tons of space for a coaster ...... and yes dave is a huge intamin fan he wanted to put a zac spin in the mall...and with no major attraction since hmmm 2007 we could afford a maverick. who where would like one???? i know for sure i would.. its amazing....and yes dinos is on a lease . i was just stating that it would clear up room for a coaster their also. it would make a great visual ie sliver bullet or talon...what ever happens happens time will tell..dont get mad if the invert is small non thrilling one like patriot....personally i want a afterburner clone.. now THAT looks sick!!! as for soak city expansion i want to see snake pit in imaxs spot. and were hydro was at what carowinds got. i fell that would round out our waterpark...i was told its going to be a huge OVER HAUL....

culd u bee...... any mor.. pretentious....

And FWIW who ever runs that stupid Valleyfairzone site needs to get a sense of humor. My baby brother is funnier than that prude!

I was at the park this evening I didn't see any markings over by the toll booths or any were in the parking lot. How about a B&M flyer like Manta? A B&M flyer over the main entrance would look really neat looking. B&M flyer I could see one at Valleyfair.

I went to the park this afternoon and did not see any markings around the parking lot 'toll booths' either. I don't know what they are talking about.

^

If this rumor ends up happening, and they use that land for a coaster, I could see them doing something Gatekeeper-like and have the coaster travel over the park entrance. It wouldn't have to be a wing coaster. They could easily do it with an invert. Also, a coaster built in that area would have good curb appeal.

I could definitely see them doing something like this. The curb appeal would be tremendous with either a winged coaster or an invert fly-by over the entrance.

Its been a bit quiet here lately so I'm gonna throw something out there. I'm sitting on a VERY exciting rumor for 2016 but I promised the person who told me that I would not spill the beans just yet. I don't want anyone getting into any trouble with the company they work for. That's all I can say right now!

O.K. next thing! Have we forgotten already that most likely, by the end of this monthl we are going to know what is in store for the waterpark expansion for 2015. At least that is what we have all come to believe is going to happen. So let's have fun speculating. I'll go first.

There will be a brand new entrance to the waterpark and perhaps rebranded to another name. The panic falls slide package is gone and will be replaced with probably drop slides of some sort. The raging rapids, while a fun ride, will be gone also (low capacity and lots of energy and water to make it work). Hurricane falls will stay (its the most popular waterpark attraction next to the wavepool). Ripple rapids will remain but be remodeled and improved. A new large splash station will go into the space that is now just a sand pit for the kids. The old spash station will be improved as it's geared toward very young children already. Similar to Carowinds new Surfers Swell and Dorsal Fin drop could be added where the IMAX once stood. The area where Hydroblaster was could be a new mat racer slide. Future waterpark expansions could possibly be where Mad Mouse and Looping Starship are. Mad Mouse would be relocated but I'm not sure about Looping Starship. The later two would be after areas just to the north are reallocated as midway space instead of maintenance etc. We could even see a water coaster put in there somewhere. Maybe The Wave might even be relocated to the waterpark area. That would open up a large plot of land for new development. Just my thoughts. Now, let's hear everyone elese's!

^

I agree with you for the most part, although, I could see Ripple Rapids (the lazy river) staying because every good waterpark needs a lazy river in my opinion. I'm sure that regardless of what the waterpark gets, it will make the place look unrecognizable next year.

By the way, when can you spill the beans on the 2016 rumor? All of us will be dying to know.

I'd like to know about 2016 season? Hints or clues? My guess I'm thinking that's the year for the 9th roller coaster to come to Valleyfair. When will the announcement come at the same time Cedar Point announces for there 2015 season? Doesn't Valleyfair usually make announcement for the next season before the Minnesota state fair starts?

Hey guys I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while but I got some info from work. So I was talking to some employees and a security guard at admissions for possible valley fair rumor information. Here's what I got, They said the markers are for a renovated gate and parking area, There are also rumors floating around that there will be a new lane for drop offs. As for the water park expansion, subway will probably be torn down and most employees think the expansion will be from hydroblaster to excalibur. Thats all I got for you guys but Ill keep my eye out for markers at work. And do we have a date that you can spill the beans garyman? The suspense is killing me already

Future waterpark expansions could possibly be where Mad Mouse and Looping Starship are. Mad Mouse would be relocated but I'm not sure about Looping Starship. The later two would be after areas just to the north are reallocated as midway space instead of maintenance etc. We could even see a water coaster put in there somewhere. Maybe The Wave might even be relocated to the waterpark area. That would open up a large plot of land for new development. Just my thoughts. Now, let's hear everyone elese's!

To see what they do with Looping Starship will be interesting. I give it a 50/50 chance of relocation survival, unfortunately I have nothing to base that on but just a gut feeling. I just don't see it staying where it is now with the water park expansion coming, it sits on valuable land that could be used for more popular water slides. And I have not seen a full car load of people on that ride since the 90's. I would like to see an expanded lazy river, VF's is short compared to other CF parks. I agree there will be a new entrance, I just don't know where. Lots of space along the interior perimeter of the park next to the water park to put one. Anywhere from where the old Hydroblaster used to be to the current entrance they could put one. I see them moving it closer to the front towards the parks main entrance just so it doesn't seem like as far as a walk to get to the water park. If the expansion rumors are as big as we hear maybe even an entrance in the front and back of the water park. I would like to see Mad Mouse re-positioned or relocated just so that area of the park can be fixed for people traffic flow, it always jams up there on busy days and slows to a crawl. Anyone think that the Snoopy Red Baron kiddie ride next to the old Hydroblaster spot gets relocated due to the expansion? No basis for this but my opinion but I think The Wave does not move until Corkscrew moves to open up that plot of prime real estate in the park and at the time you could re-position the ferris wheel if you needed too. If the water park expansion brings something big like a Tornado slide they may just eventually remove The Wave completely because it does not fit into a water park. It is a one trick pony that takes a long time to load and seems more popular for the people watching it make a big wave and getting wet themselves than the ride its self. Half the time I see more people on the splash bridge of the ride than in The Wave car its self. I am hoping with this project the carousel gets re-furbished as a bonus surprise as hinted by GM Dave in his talk with valleyfairfanatic. There is my babbling 2 cents. I am getting excited for the announcement in the next 25 days because based on how large and how much money they put into the expansion that will tell us how much CF views VF as a growth park and how big we can speculate the next coaster will be.