TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Two new entries from VF on their Twitter feed:

"Bring your next group event to Valleyfair. Picnic Point is expanding for the 2014 season to accommodate groups of all sizes."

- Being right next to the new Route 76 area this should be interesting to see what they do expanding that space.

"Exclusive Update: Valleyfair's Ferris Wheel is getting a new look for the 2014 season. Want to take a guess on what is happening?"

- My guess is that it will get LED lights on the ride like they are doing with the Tilt-O-Whirl and Scrambler for Route 76 which will look cool at night.

Any other thoughts or insights TPR community? Please opine if you would.

Edited by RCjunkie

I wonder if they'll be sending the wheel over to Chance for the refurb. I know that Cedar Fair has done this in the past with Giant Gondola Wheel at Michigan's Adventure, giving the hub a full rebuild, repaint and new light package. This was probably one of the best paint jobs I've seen done on a wheel before, better than the standard white.

http://www.chancerides.com/news/images/press_releases/michigan_adventure_6_14_05.pdf

the whole route 76 thing in my personal opinion is a big waste of time, if valleyfair wants to make some money they need to spend some to get a big coaster that will put them on the map. kings island built banshee in a matter of weeks, all valleyfair has done is flipped over two trashcans and make a concrete base, i dont know, they could just be working on another side of the park not visible on the webcam

^ Sorry, but I'm failing to take this post completely seriously.

1) This expansion doesn't require quick construction like Kings Island. It won't take more than a couple of months for everything to get rolling and ready.

2) This expansion is not a waste of time. This part of the park needed some TLC and Valleyfair responded. Go to the Knotts thread and see how positive the reviews were for the boardwalk.

3) You have made a valid (yet overused) point about how the park needs a coaster. Just wait till 2015 or 2016 and you probably will have your coaster (most likely B&M).

You got a point there, I said that its a waste of time and money because valleyfair already has a family area "camp snoopy". I know its over used but I'm getting tired of valleyfair building more of what they have, even though I don't agree with your opinion I'll still respect it

Route 76 is a great expansion concept. A new large scale family flat, plus two major flats getting refurbished. That's a waste of time? I don't think so. Often times to understand completely why parks do what they do, you have to wait a few yearso see the bigger picture.

It's been said before, by me and others: We need two things badly at Valleyfair. Water Park expansion and new major roller coaster. I'm sure they are both coming down the pipeline!

^Agreed, and to expand on that, although we haven't received any real "thrill" additions in the last several years, if we look at how the park has changed overall from '07 to now, it's clear that some very important improvements have been made. The whole park looks much nicer and has offered more, from new signage, pavers, updated entrance plaza, new family areas, new food options, new events (Pink days, for example), picnic point, etc.

These are the kind of things that have needed to happen for the park to do better overall, and I'm sure that the thrill seekers will have their day sometime in the near future.

With regards to the twitter post about Picnic Point, they are adding another pavilion seating area in the area behind the rest room Ripcord area. Saw it the other day when I went by the park. Hydroblaster and IMAX are also both now just distant memories as well...they're gone...

With regards to the twitter post about Picnic Point, they are adding another pavilion seating area in the area behind the rest room Ripcord area. Saw it the other day when I went by the park. Hydroblaster and IMAX are also both now just distant memories as well...they're gone...

So Hydroblaster has been removed for sure?

the whole route 76 thing in my personal opinion is a big waste of time, if valleyfair wants to make some money they need to spend some to get a big coaster that will put them on the map. kings island built banshee in a matter of weeks, all valleyfair has done is flipped over two trashcans and make a concrete base, i dont know, they could just be working on another side of the park not visible on the webcam

It takes much more than just coasters to make a park work. VF as a park has a few needs before a coaster. Families spend more money than coaster geeks so making an area like Route 76 with favorite classic flat rides and the popular antique cars makes sense. Same goes for the expected water park expansion due the IMAX demolition. Both of these areas are smart moves to try and increase attendance to support getting that new coaster you want and that the park is probably over due for. Also, Banshee started pouring concrete footers back in August so it took more than weeks to get where they are now.

Fans are upset that Valleyfair isn't adding a big coaster this year. Real fans are upset that Route 76 isn't going to have a Flyers immediately. Yeah, I'm pissed that VF is waiting to add a coaster, but I have accepted that it will not come until 2016. 2015 will be the waterpark expansion based on all the moves that they've done in the past few months (relocating Tilt-a-Whirl, Removing IMAX, Hydroblaster rumored removal). I have even heard of a possible name for the coaster: Centurion. I know Screamscape linked the name to Carowinds' 2015 Giga, but the name needs a red coaster. And Carowinds already has Intimidator. And for everyone who wants to yell that CGA's Flight Deck is being repainted red this offseason, I'm aware of that. Cedar Fair is not afraid to reuse names, though not as much as Six Flags. *Cough* Goliath *Cough*

I know, I think the reason I'm ripping on route 76 is that we didn't get a major coaster this year. It is so true that they use Goliath way too much. What kind of coaster do you think it will be at valleyfair? I'm actually secretly excited for the antique autos, I loved those and now they are bringing them back! Sorry if I said anything uneducated, I'm new here so bear with me!

I don't necessarily think it's a waste. It will make that area of the park look much nicer, and bring more people to that area, since most of the few people at that area of the park are there just there to ride Steel Venom. I want a new coaster badly too, but this was probably more of a priority for the park. I think the new coaster won't be until 2016 because as of now, all signs are pointing to a 2015 Soak City expansion.

Yes, hydroblaster is long gone. No longer visible from the highway standing behind the former Tilter area/spot. All indications point towards waterpark expansion in 2015 with Imax gone, Tilter and Hydro gone.

Thanks for the visual confirmation, I have not been by the park since the last day of operation this year. It had been rumored that it would be removed but now we know it's for sure. Just another sign of a water park expansion next year. With Hydroblaster removed, IMAX demolished and possible relocation of the Looping Starship they have a lot of land to work with now which is great. Tilter will of course be moved up front to Route 76.

I want VF to get a new Coaster just as much as anyone, but the Route 76 expansion is not the mess that a lot of you are claiming. This is going to be an excellent addition, and I really hope its something CF continues to do in the other Parks. I'm very sure VF will get their Coaster for 2016, so just be patient guys. And I'm sure it will be a great one!

Heres my thoughts on a future coaster: I think that Cedar Fair didn't make Banshee the tallest invert in the world for a reason. I think that they plan on sending the tallest(not the longest) to another park. And valleyfair sounds like a good choice, as they are in need of a big one, and need a B&M badly! But if it doesn't go to VF, i'm interested in seeing who it could go to. Just my thoughts. But it certainly makes sense!

Heres my thoughts on a future coaster: I think that Cedar Fair didn't make Banshee the tallest invert in the world for a reason. I think that they plan on sending the tallest(not the longest) to another park. And valleyfair sounds like a good choice, as they are in need of a big one, and need a B&M badly! But if it doesn't go to VF, i'm interested in seeing who it could go to. Just my thoughts. But it certainly makes sense!

You have to remember that VF has a height restriction, so a lot of Rides are limited due to that.