TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New shuttle coaster for Conny Land for 2007

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

So after for 4 years of waiting and building time, and the growing costs from 1,5 million to 3,8 million swiss francs, it seems that this PAX-coaster will finally open the next weeks. The Park announces that the german TÜV has made his first test runs the last weeks and they had to do some minor technical changes... but they feel confident that the TÜV will allow the opening this year (eventually the next weeks or months).

Here is the original post from their official homepage:

Hallo, liebe CONNY-LAND- und Cobra-Freunde!

Bald ist es soweit! Es gibt gute Neuigkeiten zu unserer neuen sensationellen Looping-Achterbahn „Cobra“: Die ersten Testläufe sind absolviert und die erste TÜV-Abnahme ist bereits vor zwei Wochen erfolgt. Zur Zeit werden noch kleinere technische Anpassungen vorgenommen bis zur zweiten TÜV-Abnahme. Es steht noch nicht genau fest, wann der TÜV unsere Bahn freigeben wird, aber wir sind uns sicher, dass es in dieser Saison 2010 losgeht! Und für die Eröffnung plant Connyland eine grosse Überraschung… „Cobra“ wird die grösste Linear-Achterbahn Europas und gleichzeitig die erste Looping-Achterbahn der Schweiz sein. Seien Sie gespannt!

Viele liebe Grüße

Bodensee-Freizeitpark CONNY-LAND, Familie Gasser & Crew

and there are some new pics on their homepage:

and some from 2009:

• 2 months later...

News

News 29. Juli 2010

Die Wahnsinnsbahn fährt los !

Halten Sie sich fest: Ab 29. Juli 2010 nimmt unsere neue Wahnsinnbahn „Cobra“ die Fahrt auf. Die erste Loopingachterbahn der Schweiz und zugleich Europas größte Linear-Achterbahn wird ab sofort für Action und Nervenkitzel sorgen.

Täglich ab 12 Uhr ist die „Cobra“ geöffnet.

Kommen Sie, staunen Sie – und erleben Sie unsere „COBRA“ !

So it took a little longer but looks like the coaster will be open to the public starting july 29th.

Cobra News Link

naamloos.jpg.48d40bdbc0b103910cc500315d6a1763.jpg

from the website

Edited by Hhappy

^^ Oh dear god that think looks like quite the dangerous PAX ride... I wouldn't feel very safe if I rode it... Its a cobra 2 model? Is it any improvement over this deadly-looking cobra-1? (Although I must admit its a cute ride. The little Cobra head and tail makes me wanna love this ride )

Edited by davisal771

I'll take "Demented thrill rides for 100, Please Alex."

I've seen some pretty ludicrous rides before... but this one DEFINITELY takes the cake. The 'spike' end looks painful... and THAT is from a distance. Can you imagine a 'slow' starting day... and how much one's bruises are going to hurt at the top of that thing???

R.D.

Did they have to get a completely new train, and why? I have been following this ride VERY closely, and the train definitely looks very different now...and it definitely looks better now. Kooky, can you tell us why? I would appreciate it if you know. I can gather very little definitive information from poorly translated reports from Google translate. Thanks!

^ Sorry there is no information about this, as much as i know. Maybe they changed the train because of the German-TÜV or maybe the first trains were just for testing or something like this...

But found something new, a youtube video with the opening show from cobra with a ride on fire (fireworks on the whole track during the first ride)!! Really awesome, i wish i was in that train at this time:

^^ i also just heard reports, that said that it is intense and fun, but like said it has good portion of roughness in all directions, even though it is linear coaster where you don`t exspect bumps to left and right sides.

and another new offride video is now aviable, but it seems that it is really rough. Most people said it is much rougher than the most SLCs in the german forums... very sad to hear this, beacuse it seems to give nice g´s and airtime on the hills:

^ You can clearly see what causes some of the roughness in that video.

In the last segment of the video it's clearly visible that the top of the first/last hill have a small flat section, that is seriously not good.

Still can't wait until I get the chance to ride it though, I really wonder if this could be worse than Cobra at Friheden...