TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I got an e-mail this morning inviting me to become a "Six Flags Advisor." This message claimed that my input will be helpful to the parks. Not a paid position (unfortunately "paid" is the kind I need right now), but it sounded like fun so I signed up.

Maybe my "influence" will get us that long awaited drop ride...

Eric

I got an e-mail this morning inviting me to become a "Six Flags Advisor." This message claimed that my input will be helpful to the parks. Not a paid position (unfortunately "paid" is the kind I need right now), but it sounded like fun so I signed up.

Maybe my "influence" will get us that long awaited drop ride...

Eric

I got the same email. But it asked me more about Discovery Kingdom since I put that down as my home park. It looked good for 2010, but a lack of single rider lines disturbed me. Either way, Six Flags caring about it's consumer's thoughts is always nice.

My guess is that their "advisor" candidates are season passholders? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. So far, I haven't been asked anything about SFMM, so I haven't provided any input...yet. There is an e-mail address where I can contact them with any issues regarding this position.

Nice to see that at least one new Superman car has arrived. The three-seat front row came about because of the wedgy "aerodynamic" shape of the original car. Most likely, they would have put three seats in the back of the new one, but the OTSRs might have been just a bit wide to do so. That, of course, is just a guess.

Eric

Ha! We all got that email! I'm pretty sure it went out to most passholders, probably filtered by passholders that visited the park X number of times within 2010, etc....

Universal and Busch do the exact same kind of passholder surveys.

In the photos you can see how much wider the seats are compared to the old trains due to the over the shoulder restraints.

I'm guessing that's why there's been a clearance issue with the sides of the tunnel (which may result in those arm protectors seen on ToT2), and why there's only 2 seats in the back.

Ha! We all got that email! I'm pretty sure it went out to most passholders, probably filtered by passholders that visited the park X number of times within 2010, etc....

I'd wager everyone on their mailing list got an invite, I got the e-mail as well but haven't had a pass (or stepped foot in the park) since 2009. I agree it's just regular surveys the other parks throw out as well.

I am curious if you are a licensed PE or SE to say this comment with so much ease?

Really, a drop tower can't be built at SFMM due to earthquake regulations?

Yeah, because the Sky Tower and Superman are tiny. Because Knott's doesn't have a drop tower. Because DCA didn't have a space shot.

Downtown LA ... US Bank Tower 1,018 feet = 10th tallest building in the US

San Francisco ... Transamerica Pyramid 853 feet = 32nd tallest building in the US

The reason SFMM doesn't have a drop tower is because they haven't chosen to build one. Not because of any regulations.

You don't need to be a PE or SE to figure it out. They have drop towers in Japan, a much more active earthquake area. They also have a drop tower at CGA, which is in the same state, and it also is along some major fault lines.