TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^At least you got something - they claim that mine never got submitted, so after over ten visits to three different Six Flags parks (SFA, SFGAdv, SFMM), I got nothing. But oh well.

I'm okay with the 'Apocalypse' name. I'm glad they're still trying to keep all the thematic stuff around - that's good on their part, and it makes the line and ride experience a lot more interesting. Hopefully the preshow gets a little bit shorter now!

^After your 5th trip you should get it via emial. And it links you to the season pass page to renew it online. And it is only good for the regular pass, not the xtreme pass.

And you have to redeem it online, if I recall the email I was sent, so they also get to tack on a $5 processing fee, so it's only a $7 savings off the regular price, unless you purchase multiple passes. But, if you pay with a Discover card, you'll get another 5% savings immediately.

^ This could be a good thing if it's done right. Without having to please a studio, they can do more of an in-house job, which hopefully means they can tweak the timing so that the line never stops moving. Just put a fun/campy video on a loop, and allow the line to move through it lol.

I think I was the first to say on here, the whole Terminator theme made no sense to me and the whole preshow sucked. I don't think anyone agreed with me though at the time. Can't they just have us get on the ride and have fun? I didn't realize they took the music off though. Not sure how much I paid attention to the onride music though.

Like what was previously said before, they should have the movie playing, but while we walk through the line, without us having to stop. Last time i went to SFMM, it was 5 min. to closing so i ran to terminator again and there were only 3 people along with me, and we STILL had to watch the pre show!

That would be crazy, if in the middle of the ride, on the 1rst airtime hill after the drop, a zombie would pop out upside down on the walkway over the track! Or a zombie popped out multiple times on the ride!
I can honestly say I'd sh*t my pants if that happened.

-Cookie

Just put a fun/campy video on a loop, and allow the line to move through it lol.

A Boy and His Dog themed rollercoaster anyone? Really funny, odd/crazy post-war world movie from the 60's with doc Johnson or don Johnson.

Actually that film seems more of a better fit than what they did.

^ driving down the street for that five dollar foot long isn't getting the park any closer to that Intamin Giga, Launched , plug n plAY or the flat rides the park so desperatly need

Atleast you got the order right... 3 more coasters, then flat rides.

Also you must be drivng wayyyyyyyyy up the street because to me it seams like any place in close proximity to SFMM is ripping people off just because there close to a tourist destination, you can find the same stuff located farther away for normal prices.

Yes, I am driving a brutal 1.62 miles to a shopping center on The Old Road. While it isn't a far drive, it does take some time to leave the park, find the car, go to Subway or Panda Express, and come back and do it all over again, but it's worth it.

Yes park prices are high but could you imagine the cost of running the park the size of SFMM for a day the figure has to be nuts, so at least I know that dry a$$ 10 burger I just bought is helping the park out in some way, yes they can have higher quailty food options who's to say they aren't working on it especially now they have alittle extra cash from closing all those licensing deals maybe the parks well get alittle more TLC from food to flat rides.

That was one sentence? Anyways, you don't see the problem right there...

that dry a$$ 10 burger
I gladly eat at Universal Studios, Disneyland, and SeaWorld because they don't have that problem! They charge maybe a hint more, but at least the food retains some quality!

P.S. I don't care what Knott's does to improve food, I will never eat there as long as Chili's, Portillo's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Claim Jumper, Outback Steakhouse, and even McDonald's and Carl's Jr. are so close!

Just eat where you want! Here in SoCal whether you're at SFMM, KBF, Disney Parks, or USH; Eat in the park or there are a multitude of places outside where you can eat and simply re-enter. If you want to complain about in-house food and prices, simply eat-out. You get parking re-entry.

^ One thing to keep in mind...if Six Flags has is trying to recoup some money, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop allowing parking re-entry. That would also be an incentive to keep people in the park to eat.

While food prices in the park are high, I've never understood how walking 3/4 mile (as measured from the ticket booths) down to Wendy's (and another 3/4 mile back---uphill) is worth it just to save a few bucks. And not to mention the time invested. It's like the old ladies who buy something for a dollar, then find the same item for 95 cents across town, buy the item again there, then drive back to the original store to return it. They saved FIVE CENTS, but spent a buck in gas and a half hour of time to do it.

Eric

^ One thing to keep in mind...if Six Flags has is trying to recoup some money, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop allowing parking re-entry. That would also be an incentive to keep people in the park to eat.

While food prices in the park are high, I've never understood how walking 3/4 mile (as measured from the ticket booths) down to Wendy's (and another 3/4 mile back---uphill) is worth it just to save a few bucks. And not to mention the time invested. It's like the old ladies who buy something for a dollar, then find the same item for 95 cents across town, buy the item again there, then drive back to the original store to return it. They saved FIVE CENTS, but spent a buck in gas and a half hour of time to do it.

Eric

Well Eric, and you know me, I meant it as a casual response. Like the next post, I almost always bring a cooler with Subway, etc... I just meant there are ways to bring some food with you, get a hand-stamp, and enjoy if you don't want the park food and prices.

Honestly, is it even worth debating? Some people will bring their own food, some people will make the trek down the hill, and others (me, other members, and the majority of the general parkgoing crowd) will continue to eat there.

If we're going to debate about food more (yawn), at least let it be speculation about what's leaving, what's coming, or what's good. That seems like it would get somewhere, imo.

[/soapbox]

OK, went to the park today. So here are some pictures/updates.

Thomas Town signs have been removed.

The old Sierra Twist site.

Ladies and gentlemen we have yellow track!

Another view

Stupid tree. But here is where the blue starts going up the tower.

Sorry for quality. But as you can see yellow is on the launch track.

Old trains. Sorry for quality again.

Deja Vu getting some work done.

And I will end this of a picture of my brother and the iPod nano we won at the park! Best 5 bucks ever spent!!!