TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I still enjoy Scream and Superman very much. With all the discussion about what should happen to Superman I am somewhat surprised that the rumor I found on Screamscape today has not been referenced. It refers to having one side be rethemed to Bizarro. That side would have a car which might run backwards. I think this would be awesome. Going up the tower while facing down would be very exciting. The rumor also says that they could runs both sides simultaneously if they did this. This would greatly increase capacity and give a different experience on each track. In my opinion it seems like it would be a great improvement to a ride I already enjoy.

Here is the link. Scroll down almost all the way to the bottom. http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Wow, am I the only one who loves S:TE? Sure it's not thrilling, but it is quite fun and I enjoy it to this day. It also amazes me that the people who dislike it are the same ones saying it would be a waste to improve it. That makes no sense to me.

Personally, I'd like to see the ride converted into to a 100 mph racing coaster and call it Superman vs Bizarro.

I could see it happening...lol

If they were gonna take anything out I personally would love to see Deja vu gone. I loved the vertical drops, but they were not worth the headache that followed. I may ride once more at WCB and then never(or very rarely) set foot on it again.

Really?

I mean, I know Deja Vu isnt worth more than one ride, but I love it! Its been very smooth for me every time I've been on it.

Scream isn't a bad ride. I respect your opinion but if you ask me as said before if it was at a different park it would be a number one ride that would sort of make it the X2 of that park. If you ask me you need to repaint Scream! even the same colors and put a new flat ride that people *want* to ride like a drop tower. Scream! isn't a bad ride, it's just among elite rides.

Pretty strong assumption. I mean I agree that Scream isn't a bad ride, but for it's type of coaster, it's just not that great either. I wouldn't go as far as to say it needs to go, but compared to the other 5 floorless coasters I've ridden Scream ranks 10 (I'm well aware of my math in this statement).

So I reiterate. If you don't like it, that's fine. You should be able to say that a ride isn't good if you honestly don't care for it. I personally thing that the layout is just blah, and you should not be labeled "spoiled" just because the coaster is lackluster.

For me, a front car ride on Scream is just as fun as the others I've been on (I actually find SFGadv's Medusa/Bizarro to be the weakest). But it's all about the visuals of the front car for me. Other than that, none of them do all that much for me.

I like Scream and I think the issue with that ride has less to do about how good it is compared to other rides in the park or even the whole "parking lot" coaster but more about it's location.

It's so hard to find to the random visitor that it usually goes totally missed.

I can't tell you how many times I've been down in that area of the park and I've heard people say stuff like "What's down here? Wait...OMG, there's another roller coaster down here???"

Even in the parking lot, you see it, but you don't really comprehend where it is in the park.

From the midways you can EASILY see Tatsu, Goliath, Riddler's, Batman, Viper, etc. And even X2 gets missed because of the bridge but people KNOW it's there and they go find it because of it's reputation.

Scream really has no reputation and it just gets lost in the shuffle.

Wow, am I the only one who loves S:TE? Sure it's not thrilling, but it is quite fun and I enjoy it to this day. It also amazes me that the people who dislike it are the same ones saying it would be a waste to improve it. That makes no sense to me.

Personally, I'd like to see the ride converted into to a 100 mph racing coaster and call it Superman vs Bizarro.

I could see it happening...lol

Screamscape is reporting a rumor of a Bizzaro makeover on this ride that sounds like it may be just that. The interesting thing is that according to rumor the Bizzaro track may have the car on backwards . . .

If they were gonna take anything out I personally would love to see Deja vu gone. I loved the vertical drops, but they were not worth the headache that followed. I may ride once more at WCB and then never(or very rarely) set foot on it again.

Really?

I mean, I know Deja Vu isnt worth more than one ride, but I love it! Its been very smooth for me every time I've been on it.

Deja Vu is my 4th favorite coaster at SFMM, behind X2, Tatsu and Goliath. I am very happy that it is still there after the 3 other clones have been closed or relocated. On crowded days I go ride it first sometimes since it usually has one of the longest lines due to low capacity. I have always found it to be smooth and it is one of the most exciting coasters I have rode.

I can't tell you how many times I've been down in that area of the park and I've heard people say stuff like "What's down here? Wait...OMG, there's another roller coaster down here???"

I remember when I was there a few years ago, I actually couldn't find it for a good bit and was starting to get a tad frustrated, lol.

^Not that I've ridden it or anything, but 0-100 in 6 or 7 seconds doesn't seem like the kind of launch to give someone whiplash.

Now Hypersonic backwards on the other hand......

when it first launches out of the station, it provides a pretty good whiplash, but after that it slowly increases in speed.

that would be cool, but it would be a heck of a lot better if they turned the trains around, now that would be awesome, because (i don't know if anyone else likes to do this) but i like to see the faces of terrified people on rides, and making them look over 400 feet straight down, now that would scare the crap out of them.

There are much better uses of the money, and I in NO way insisted that I'd be expecting something totally major. I'd like to see SFMM shell out money for either a drop tower, a dark ride, or an actually family-sized coaster. One that's fun for the whole family, and not wannabe 42 inch kids.

I think it would be cool to somehow incorporate a vertical drop ride on the back side of Superman. I know it's probably not a logical idea, but it could always serve as an attraction where the entrance is down by Colossus and Scream. Just a weird random thought.

I think it would be cool to somehow incorporate a vertical drop ride on the back side of Superman. I know it's probably not a logical idea, but it could always serve as an attraction where the entrance is down by Colossus and Scream. Just a weird random thought.

Was Giant Drop at Dreamworld built after or the same time as Tower of Terror? If after, it might be possible...although maybe not since there aren't two sides of the tower to work with.

IMO, SFMM might (if they're lucky) get the superman power of tower ride from SFKK.

Superman Tower of Power "broke" itself a couple years ago. It's gone now.