TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^You know that if you go on a weekday this time of the year you can get an near empty X2 station with half empty trains all the time. I have gotten a solo ride on one of the sides around 2:00 PM. That is why for me I don't find the passholder night to be a big deal.

Well I'm in school so thanks Season Passholder night. I love you.

UM... When are they going to build Mr.six dancecoaster cause they have 3 WEEKS to finish!

Its not like Tatsu or X in that it is a multi-million dollar ride that just HAS to be open by the summer season or Six Flags will not get a full return on their investment. It's a simple kiddie coaster. It'll go up soon enough.

^In terms of proper business etiquette, why not get it open for Memorial Day?

That way the kids can go ride it before school gets out for the summer, and can talk about it with their friends! Word of mouth is the best form of advertising after all, and it seems to me the earlier its said and done, the better.

I made a quick stop yesterday and noticed several men tying rebar forms behind Terminator. Park was pretty empty despite the large number of buses in the parking lot. Managed to ride all open major coaster including being the only rider on Batman and Riddlers. I got a "Welcome back rider..." on Riddlers. The only line in the park was for X2and it was about 30 minutes.

^ You should be able to get on all of those rides within your five-hour visit. I would start with X2, then hit Tatsu on your way to Terminator. After Terminator, go to the top of the mountain and ride Superman, then head down and ride Colossus and Canyon Blaster.

Or, as an alternate, you could head to the top of the mountain via the Orient Express to ride Superman right after you ride X2. Then go to the steps to the right of Orient Express and take them down to Tatsu's entrance, ride that, then continue around the back of the park to Terminator and over to Colossus and Canyon Blaster.

Normally, a Tuesday through Thursday visit would be less crowded, but school is still in session around here, so the park most likely won't be too crowded.

Eric

So I went and had a run through the park yesterday it was a great day, the only line was for Riddler due to running one train operation. But I must say I give the X2 crew kudos for great cycles. I managed to get 5 rides in a matter of one hour. As for the new coaster no work was done but a few peopel were on site walking up the hill. I also noticed no new parts have arrived for the coaster yet. The top of the lift was sitting next to Terminator, speaking of which I had four rides on both trains and no sound was playing, Ninja was testing but closed. Stopping over at Deja-Vu whicjh was running great, is that a new train or a secondary train. When did it get yellow, green and blue coloring? Maybe its been awhile since i paid attention to it or it went unnoticed at any rate it was great rides by a good and enthusiatic crowd. And I must say the employees really are doing a lot better high fives after each ride and being personable while waiting in line goes a long way. Since i went alone with just my ipod it was nice to meet some Leads and chat a bit while waiting in the short lines. Glad to see my home park is doing its best to break the old image.

UM... When are they going to build Mr.six dancecoaster cause they have 3 WEEKS to finish!

No sign of vertical construction or even footers yet. Talked to a ride op today who said they were still trying to get some sort of permits, so mid-summer is looking more probable.

X2 should be a walk-on or near to one after 1:00. I recomend skipping X2 in morning an going straight to Viper or Tatsu and then go on to the back of the park. Because X2 usually doesn't open until 15 or 20 mins after the park opening. I have visited the park 3 times in the last few weeks on weekdays and I got on everything within a 4 hour period with re-rides on a few.

^^ Whenever I go to SFMM---or any park for that matter---I find it easiest to just circle the park. I've never understood bouncing all over the park. That wastes time and energy. If there is anything you want to ride again, do it later.

Eric

I rode Ninja: Karate Kid: The Ride today. It was nice to get back on it after being closed for a while. The park was pretty quiet early in the day. Goliath was a walk-on, with an instant reride. Terminator was only about a ten-minute wait. I skipped Tatsu, which had about a 30-minute line, and I didn't bother with X2.

I rode Ninja: Karate Kid: The Ride today. It was nice to get back on it after being closed for a while. The park was pretty quiet early in the day. Goliath was a walk-on, with an instant reride. Terminator was only about a ten-minute wait. I skipped Tatsu, which had about a 30-minute line, and I didn't bother with X2.

Did you Ride Colossus today?

I was at the park Saturday and got to ride Ninja. I did notice that out of the two trains that were running, only one of them had the Karate Kid advertisment on it. Another shocking discovery is that they jacked up the price for the X2 add-on with the flash pass. Instead of it being $10, it's now $15. Also, weirdly enough..when I arrived at the park at a little before 10, they were offering wristbands to enter the park prior to opening for just $10.

^They've been testing this on several days now. A $10 charitable contribution (at least that's what it was said to be) gets you into the park 30 - 60minutes before opening and they usually have one or two coasters open.

Hey guys,

Newbie to TPR here, I'm planning on visiting SFMM on FRIDAY 5/21, and was just wondering if I should get a flash pass or not. I checked SF's website and it says they are having a AAA event that day.

If I should get the flash pass, should I get GOLD or regular. I don't come to SFMM very often and want to get in as many rides and re-rides as possible

Thanks

Yesterday, I took a quick run out to SFMM. Arrived at 10:30, just as the gates opened. Stayed till just after 5.

Here's the scoop:

X2 - Closed upon arrival, due to winds said an employee.

Revolution - One-train operation, I walked on.

Viper - One-train operation, one-train wait.

Tatsu - One-train operation, left station open, waited about 15 minutes.

Ninja - Closed.

Superman - Waited about five minutes, left track operating.

Gold Rusher - One-train operation, waited five minutes.

Batman - One-train operation, waited five minutes.

Scream - One-train operation, waited five minutes.

Colossus - One-train operation, left track operating, waited 10 minutes.

Goliath - One-train operation, waited about 10 minutes.

Riddler's Revenge - One-train operation, waited about 15 minutes.

Terminator - Two-train operation, no audio, walked on and rode twice without getting out. Fire was on.

Deja Vu - Walked on, rode in front for the first time. While walking through the queue, I overheard a guy say that he rode X2 twice, so I asked him if that was today. He said it was, so apparently it had opened after all.

X2 - Two-train operation, waited about ten minutes. I found out later on that X2 had been open for less than two hours all day. The fire was off, though, most likely because of the wind.

I didn't ride Canyon Blaster, and of course, I didn't ride Percy's Railway.

Until next time, that is all.

Eric

I was at the park yesterday too.

I rode X2 six times and all six times audio and fire was on.

Viper is now sponsored by Axe Twist and there was a train with the advertisement wraps on.

Also for the first time ever I got a solo ride on Tatsu, its amazing how forceless that ride is when no one is on the train.