TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Has there been any sort of additional information about the 200 foot El Loco possibly coming to the west coast that was mentioned at WCB? Not that the ride was necessarily going to be at SFMM, but I just hadn't seen any more discussion/speculation on it and was curious if I'd just missed it. I did do a search but didn't find anything very recent.

Thanks.

I guess I hadn't missed anything. I was just surprised that the story never seemed to go anywhere. Given the current economic climate, I could see the deal falling through. Sorry to have strayed off topic. I just figured the SFMM thread might be the best place to ask.

^^ And was that correct 200ft tall? The one shown above is only 90ft. Sheeeezzzz how would the layout be if were actually finalized? Well it's an interesting sub-topic and it would be nice seeing something like this in So Cal. (though Sierra Sidewinder might be as close as we get)

^ Yes, at WCB the S&S rep mentioned the possible installation of a 200 foot tall El Loco type coaster at a west coast park. This was accompanied by some "in the know" type grins from the assembled park management. (For whatever that's worth.)

Hello, I tried to search this, but did not find a post related to this. If there is one please excuse me and please provide me with a link to it. I was informed that the 2009 PlayPass Extremes at SFMM will no longer be including Flash Passes . It looks like they will offer only a "Discount" on the electronic flash pass.

Three questions: How does this system operate? Has anyone seen it being tested at MM? How expensive is the "Electronic flash pass" going to be? (based on other SF parks.

Thanks again for all your support!!

I just watched the demo video from the company that makes the Six Flags electronic flash pass, formerly called Qbot. The company is named Lo-Q (as many of you probably know) I am not personally looking to forward to this system since I am sure the pricing is going to be high since it can work for up to 6 guests. Does this mean that a single guest pays the same price as a multiple guest purchaser or you pay per additional guest? Either way, until I know what the discount is I am going to hold off on the extreme pass. The benefit of 4 flash passes each visit was a great perk. Now that flash pass perk is no longer offered, it is less of a value to me. Does anyone have any pricing ideas on this new system?

http://www.lo-qusa.com/

A couple of things...

First off today (Saturday 11/15) there is a big fire burning about 10 miles south of SFMM. The I-5 Freeway is closed and it is nearly impossible to get up here from points south. So until you hear that they have reopened the 5, don't bother trying to come up. Also, I would assume that they may have some staffing issues at the park today. Not too terrible though since a lot of the employees are from around here or the Palmdale Lancaster area.

Qbot - Yes, we are getting Qbot in December, yes it will not be free with the Xtreme Pass. The 'rumors' are that the pricing will be slightly higher than SFGAd, and that the Xtreme Pass Discount will be free rental of the device, and then you pay for how many people you want on it (regular or gold). Obviously I'm not thrilled about this, but I'd like SFMM to get Qbot no matter what, even if it screws me over!

We'll try to do a quick SFMM update today or tomorrow but between trying to get all the DVDs out and the fire, it may not be in the cards!

Wow I hope they put out those fires soon, what a tragedy for all those who lost there homes

As for the flash pass system I looked at the pricing from SFgadv website, wow this stinks IMHO,

Prices for The Flash Pass vary, depending on level of service and number of riders. Regular The Flash Passes are priced from $44.99 for the first person. The gold Flash Passes start from $89.99. Extra riders can be added to your The Flash Pass for an additional charge. (Theme park admission tickets sold separately and are required for entry to the park.)

Current freeway/road closures

5 in both directions between 126 and 118. Southbound I-5 being diverted onto the 126 and told to proceed west to the 101.

14 between San Fernando Road (Newhall Ave) and 5

405 between 118 & 5

210 between 5 & 118

Balboa north of San Fernando Road

The Old Road at Calgrove through the Newhall Pass

Metrolink service on the Antelope Valley Line is cancelled all day today.

If you're attempting to reach SFMM from anywhere south, best to pick another day. As of now, unless you feel like traveling out to Moorpark, going north to Fillmore, and then maybe making your way east here on the 126, you won't make it out of the SF Valley.

When this happens, traffic within the Santa Clarita Valley becomes horrendous. Stay home, try again once the fires are out and the roads are back open.