TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Dude, how could you not tell us about the Spontaneous Fun Mobile!!! I was laughing my ass off yesterday at it. (In a good way!) Until that is, it followed me from Viper up to Rapids Camp, that was kind of creepy!

Yay for Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Tube Men!

^Were you getting your excercise walking up and down the hills with KT on Sunday? I used to do that all the time with J&J. I miss those days when they were stroller prone. It was a great workout.

Me and the fam will have to get out there on Saturday. We now take up a whole car on Ninja!

It's so cool!

^Dude, how could you not tell us about the Spontaneous Fun Mobile!!! I was laughing my a$$ off yesterday at it. (In a good way!) Until that is, it followed me from Viper up to Rapids Camp, that was kind of creepy!

Yay for Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Tube Men!

It is um....well interesting to say the least. SFMM comes up with some pretty random things, but I think this one really takes the cake. The actual name of that...contraption is "C.O.W.A. - BUNGA" Can Of Whoop A$$. As mentioned before the whole focus of the year is to bring entertainment out of the theaters and onto the midways. It makes a few stops in the park, playing "Dancing in the Street", bringing people over to the can to dance, and play with a few noise makers for the kids. At a few stops it blows confetti, along with the big random wind socks.

717091412_IMG_0586copy.jpg.c759b3ec0fd2c60a2dc25d54f4666b7c.jpg

1788306918_IMG_0534copy.jpg.0f4eb45ac8475a947333eaf9556caff7.jpg

C.O.W.A.

Finally, I’ll leave you with some new fixtures that have sprung up throughout the park. One near Log Jammer, another in Gotham City, and another near Dive Devil. Does anybody know what they’re for? More ODV carts, maybe?

Very, very curious. *strokes chin*

Well folks, that should do it for today’s update! Sorry I got rushed at the end…Mike made me hurry up!

Thank you so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!

-Jahan

They are for the Cool Media fixtures coming to the park...

http://www.coolmediausa.com

They've installed ours at SFOT and the Guests seem to enjoy the one that they have turned on...even though it's been cold.

How many people are actually still on Spring Break? I actually took a day off work to go today, which ended in futility. Here is one picture I took while we were turning around to leave that describes the situation; I have NEVER seen SFMM that jammed. No thanks.

magicmountain.JPG.9d5f0b7c80fb754bf45c3faa1a3d7bf8.JPG

Holy crud, look at those ticket lines!

We went Tuesday April 10th and it wasn't very crowded. We did Tatsu front seat in 10 mins (when park opened) then hit riddler's batman scream and goliath for total front row walk-ons. We waited to go on X til about 3 o clock which was about a 40 minute wait. Longest wait was Tatsu at 8pm for about an hour despite a short line. It was taking an average time of 4 minutes to dispatch trains.

The only ride ops we saw using their cell phones were not currently operating the rides, though some were close as they would be relieved and immediately take it out and use it as they were walking down the exit. Still a little unprofessional looking, but safe.

Also, going to SFMM the day after Knott's really showed us the difference in the ride operators. The Knott's ones LOVED their jobs, they were full of energy all day, made talk with me about my shirt (I wore a Patriot shirt from Worlds of Fun) and seemed to be having a great time working. In addition to that, they needed less ride operators per station to dispatch trains much quicker than the trains were being dispatched at SFMM. Most of the SFMM ones seemed like tired mindless ogres that weren't having any fun.

Does anyone have any idea where i can get discounted tickets for MM? Im going tomorrow and have a season pass but i have two friends who dont. I heard the commercial going around and knew that there was 35 dollar tickets but where do I buy them?

Burger King has some little standup display inside where you order your food. At least the one next to my office does. Also, the last time i checked you could still buy tickets online at the six flags website for that same price. u might wanna check out both options if there is a burger king close to you.

Burger King has some little standup display inside where you order your food. At least the one next to my office does. Also, the last time i checked you could still buy tickets online at the six flags website for that same price. u might wanna check out both options if there is a burger king close to you.

Same with Subway...

SFMM has officially done away with the old atmosphere "area" music in the park, and has switched to more "contemporary", recognizable songs. (Gotham City Backlot has remained untouched.)