TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Ok guys, a very quick review from a european first-time visitor:

Crowd today: which crowd???? Park was really empty.

Rides: great, with a 2 train operation on almost every coaster so..... No waits.

Best ride for me: Tatsu and Superman.

Worst ride ( by far) ....X2. Damn, does that thing shake and bounce. Also gave me a couple of bruises.

Paul( driving back to Vegas now )

Contrary to what people are saying about the front seat of Batman, I actually enjoy the back rows. The whip you get over the corkscrews is great! Same with the back car on Ninja around the turns.

For me it's front or die too on Riddler's and X2 for sure.

The front is definitely the way to go on X2. That face down first drop in the front row is just other worldly..I never ride any other row regardless of the wait. I hear some people say the inside is smoother, but I dont really notice that much of a difference...but again that might be because I'm always in row one, perhaps there's a much bigger difference in the back.

The front is definitely the way to go on X2. That face down first drop in the front row is just other worldly..I never ride any other row regardless of the wait. I hear some people say the inside is smoother, but I dont really notice that much of a difference...but again that might be because I'm always in row one, perhaps there's a much bigger difference in the back.

Huge difference in the back. I rarely go on X anymore, but when I do it is always in the front row.

The sushi is freshly made from an outside vendor. It's probably one of the safest things in the park.

The sushi is one of the only things my friends and I will eat inside the park. Nobody has gotten sick yet. I'd recommend it!

I was also at the park today. As expected, crowds were light. Walked on pretty much everything. Rode X2 in the front. Let my friend have the inside seat. Definitely a mistake on my part, haha. X2 was super aggressive today and I definitely got the crap beat out of me. Normally I don't notice more than a little bit of bounce on the ride but today my legs bounced above the little crotch divider thing on the seat multiple times. Hopefully it doesn't stay this way!

Hi guys im new here and from the UK, im looking to visit sfmm in august and after reading on here i believe i need to avoid weekends because of the lines. Can anyone tell me if i should need a flash pass at this time of year? And if so which one is best to get? Also any other good tips for us visiting?

Thanks guys

• Apocalypse and Colossus in the backseat are fantastic!

I honesty can't agree with back seat on Colossus. I found the airtime to be brutally sudden and violent - quite painful as you are thrown up into the lap-bar. I'd recommend nearer the front. Having said that, I do definitely agree with the back seat on Apocalypse. That is fantastic

• Apocalypse and Colossus in the backseat are fantastic!

I honesty can't agree with back seat on Colossus. I found the airtime to be brutally sudden and violent - quite painful as you are thrown up into the lap-bar. I'd recommend nearer the front. Having said that, I do definitely agree with the back seat on Apocalypse. That is fantastic

The brutal and violent airtime moment on Colossus, back seat, is really the only somewhat powerful airtime in SFMM. I find it to be fun.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I think the pain actually adds a positive experience to the ride. The jolt you get from the reminder that you're at the mercy of the engineers is what gives a wooden coaster its thrill for me.

Same goes for Ghostrider's post-MCBR backseat ejector.

^And also, Apocalypse's first drop in the backseat is pretty powerful in my opinion.

Colossos was closed yesterday so no credit for me

Did Apocalyps in the back seat......great ride!

Paul

Glad you had fun. Colossus is fun but a bit rough, so no biggie! Going to tomorrow for a few hours and returning for gradnite to chaperone the kiddies! It should be fun times (yeah right)

Hi guys im new here and from the UK, im looking to visit sfmm in august and after reading on here i believe i need to avoid weekends because of the lines. Can anyone tell me if i should need a flash pass at this time of year? And if so which one is best to get? Also any other good tips for us visiting?

Thanks guys

If you're traveling from the UK and visiting on the weekend, I'd say go all out and get at least the Gold Flash Pass. About mid March is when it gets crowded on weekends, so in my opinion you'll need one. Shouldn't need one otherwise.

Any other tips? If you can gather anything from recent discussion, don't eat the food inside the park...

Thanks guys

If you're traveling from the UK and visiting on the weekend, I'd say go all out and get at least the Gold Flash Pass. About mid March is when it gets crowded on weekends, so in my opinion you'll need one. Shouldn't need one otherwise.

Any other tips? If you can gather anything from recent discussion, don't eat the food inside the park... [/quot

Thanks so much for your advice im going to get my ticket and then decide on the day once in the park if i need the flash pass.

As for the food i shall stay well clear of it thanks.

Thanks guys

Any other tips? If you can gather anything from recent discussion, don't eat the food inside the park...

Thanks so much for your advice im going to get my ticket and then decide on the day once in the park if i need the flash pass.

As for the food i shall stay well clear of it thanks.

In their defense, not ALL of it is bad. I'd recommend Mooseburger Lodge if you're looking for good food around the park. The meals I have eaten at JB's BBQ haven't been bad either. But the park won't let you bring in food of your own, so plan on either leaving or packing stuff in your car that won't melt and won't be bothered by heat.

I'll also say that I've never had a bad experience at Mooseburger Lodge. The food is good, not great, but certainly better than any of your other current options in the park. The theming is pretty good and the prices are reasonable enough for a table service restaurant in a theme park. It's about the only place that I will eat in the park aside from grabbing a snack at the fry shack, or a group lunch at an enthusiast event.

^ I'm pretty sure there isn't a Chick-fil-A at SFMM. As for food, Mooseburger is good, as is JBs Smoke House, besides that everything else is pretty bad. I would recommend the Panda Express but it only serves pre-made meals that aren't too bad.

There is one down the street from SFMM. If you're willing to leave the park for maybe an hour, you can drive down MM Parkway down to the Valencia Town Center. I've eaten there fairly often.