TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Definitely a nice big crane. MM better get going on their construction. Here is a quote from the Cedar Point park president John Hildebrant's twitter account on their new ride's amazing progress "Just walked out of GateKeeper meeting . . . we should make the final track connection next week.."

Definitely a nice big crane. MM better get going on their construction. Here is a quote from the Cedar Point park president John Hildebrant's twitter account on their new ride's amazing progress "Just walked out of GateKeeper meeting . . . we should make the final track connection next week.."

You can't really compare the construction between the two since SFMM is year around park and has to work around open rides and pathways.

^^Do you ever NOT defend SFMM!?

If anything being a year round park they should have MORE done so they can open earlier! Like for Spring Break or something! Plus the weather in SoCal is about 4979% better than in Sandusky!

EDIT - LOL, Joey JUST beat me to it!

If anything being a year round park they should have MORE done so they can open earlier! Like for Spring Break or something! Plus the weather in SoCal is about 4979% better than in Sandusky!

EDIT - LOL, Joey JUST beat me to it!

Of course, I do!!! I just don't do it on this board because you guys feed on bashing SFMM! It's more exciting to be on the opposite side of the fence! I don't disagree that SFMM has ALOT to fix to be perfect, it's just the bashing over little crap that all the other parks do as well gets me all fired up!

Complain all you want about how the bathrooms are dirty and the themeing (or lack of) is weird but to complain that they have yet to go vertical on a coaster when CP is almost done is just too much.

Besides, Spring Break doesn't seem like the go to opening date anymore, pretty much all SoCal parks (Universal, Knotts, Disney) aim for a early Summer opening since that is probably when most of the crowds start coming to the park. I think they learned it's useless to rush and open for Spring Break when that's only a two to three week crowded period and then they're dead for two months until Summer. Just my two cents...

^Thanks for admitting that you're a typical Californian that just likes to create drama! Now I know to just simply ignore your posts.

That makes no sense what so ever!

I'm not here to create drama nor am I looking for it. I'm here to follow theme parks which I enjoy, it's just annoying to see this thread be the endless bitch fest about stupid crap that all the other parks do on a daily basis but it's okay because they're not SFMM. Just being truthfull and sticking up for a park that get's crapped on daily on this board.

^Thanks for admitting that you're a typical Californian that just likes to create drama! Now I know to just simply ignore your posts.

I'm not here to create drama nor am I looking for it. I'm here to follow theme parks which I enjoy, it's just annoying to see this thread be the endless bitch fest about stupid crap that all the other parks do on a daily basis but it's okay because they're not SFMM. Just being truthfull and sticking up for a park that get's crapped on daily on this board.

It makes perfect sense to someone who isn't a terrible Californian. Let me explain it to you...

What she's trying to say here is that you're just being a typical obnoxious Californian who just wants to "be different" to try to prove they are better than the next person.

If all you're going to do is defend the park, no matter what the circumstance is, and you OPENLY ADMIT that's what you're doing, then you're just being a stereotypical awful Californian who thinks they are entitled to do and say whatever they want, and you'll always be "right." Pathetic.

I, too will be ignoring your posts from now on...

Edited by robbalvey

People that "bash" the park, are just posting their feelings about the park. Lots of people have different opinions on different parks. The point of the thread is to discuss things at the park, and i think it just seems the majority of the people who post here, had problems at the park or they feel bad about it. Which from reading, seems they have horrible management skills.

Edited by TyRush

It seems this park gives a lot of people reason to crap on it on a daily basis.... don't you think? Some of it valid, some of it not so much but the fact is it is still there and as with anything we obnoxious Californians (lol) will jump all over anything that gives us reason to complain- ANYTHING because that is what we do and we do it well, and SFMM at least lately has provided plenty of ammunition to fuel that. Plus sometimes it's just fun as it gets some people all bent out of shape. It's a lot less stressful reading the bash and support posts with an indifferent attitude.... why get so worked up over stuff you really cannot change?

Wow, I apologize for being a "terrible Californian" and I really don't want to get in a back and forth with the both of you because I enjoy the site (thank you for it) and don't like to cause drama. Heck, I have even been to several WCB events, so I have also supported the site.

But I was originally asked "Do I ever NOT defend SFMM?" and the truth like I said is Yes but the gripes I have with the park have been posted in here a TON of times (dirty restrooms, themeing, etc) so you don't need me joining the endless batter and I never once tried to defend those gripes. I only defend the park when it gets bashed for stupid things that is typical in the theme park industry which any fan of the park should defend.

But it doesn't matter, you're not going to read this post anyways like you two said. I guess just move onto the next post which will probably be something about dirty restrooms, no flat rides or horrible over the shoulder restraints on Revolution.

Oh, and I really hate it when people tell us that we are just "bashing" the park, because that's not true at all. Read the last update we posted: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1269098#p1269098

We talked about all different aspects of the park. Pointed out positive stuff where it was applicable, and negative stuff as well. In fact, I don't think we were negative AT ALL in that update!

I think what some people (ie. Magic Alumni) are failing to admit is that SFMM has been going downhill ever since Jay Thomas as the Shapiro group left. It quite honestly has! And while the park is not as bad as it was before Jay came in, you simply cannot raise the bar, and then lower it again without people taking notice.

And if all you're going to do is be an obnoxious little troll when we say something negative, then you're actually not being part of the solution, you're just being an obnoxious little troll.

We don't post negative stuff because we're being mean or rude to the park, we post negative stuff BECAUSE WE WANT THE PARK TO BE BETTER!!!

And if you can't appreciate that, then you need to leave TPR and go find another place for you to post your pointless arguments, because that crap isn't welcome here.

Does this make sense to everyone?

^ I'm picking up what you're laying down. Come on people, isn't criticism kind of implied in the site name? Theme Park REVIEW? It's not bashing, it's people giving their opinions and often times it's intended as constructive criticism. Sometimes fanboys just gotta chill.

SF Great America ‏@SFGreat_America

We opened the envelope! Looks like BATMAN: The Ride will be running backwards starting May 4 for a limited time. Will you be riding? #NAMTAB

Seems like many of the SF parks are testing out Batman backwards... Would SFMM be one of the next parks to test it out?

SF Great America ‏@SFGreat_America

We opened the envelope! Looks like BATMAN: The Ride will be running backwards starting May 4 for a limited time. Will you be riding? #NAMTAB

Seems like many of the SF parks are testing out Batman backwards... Would SFMM be one of the next parks to test it out?

Batman is such a short ride that packs a huge punch. I can imagine going backwards will be crazy. I hope they put a ton of puke buckets at the exit.

Going to post something I posted a few months ago about "bashing" the park.

SFMM has always been my "home park", so to speak. There were years when I went to Disney or Knott's more, but for the most part, SFMM is the park I've visited the most on a year-in year-out basis, and is without question the park I've visited the most.

Here's my problem with the park:

I REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

That's it. It's not rocket science, it's not a conspiracy, it's not because it's "fun and easy to make fun of the park".

The park lost it's way a LONG time ago, it tried to get it back under Jay (and I give them all the credit in the world for trying), but by that time it was too little too late. The damage had been done under Premier and there is no going back.

The park realizes this, which is why they must go after the "thrill" GP.

So before you make assumptions that we can't appreciate the park, step back and think of those of us who have lived near and loved the park for 30+ years (in my case) and imagine if your local favorite park just abandoned everything that made them once great.

Wouldn't you be kind of pissed and not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt?

end rant ...

^ And on top of that, it so frustrating when you see the park make great strides... like Superman, for example. What a great, GREAT way to take an older attraction and "plus" it. Superman never looked or rode better! And you really start to think "YES!!! The park is really getting it...." And then you see...

"YOLO"

And you can't help but *facepalm* the whole way through this campaign. The incorrect facts, the gimmicky ride, the laughable videos, etc, etc...

I honestly think YOLOcoaster will be a lot of fun, as I've never met a Premier coaster I didn't like...but the complete package is really not the parks finest hour.

^^ I agree completely. I worked at the park before the Premier days and was a season pass holder long before that and loved the park then and I agree it has gone down hill. I miss those days big time.

Please understand the only thing I was defending that started this whole back and forth was someone comparing the construction of Full Throttle to Gate Keeper at CP. Of course CP would be closer to being done, they're not open right now and have free reign to tear the place apart. Heck, Knotts hasn't even had their pieces delivered for their ride...