TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Yes. I have an appeal for rough rides. When the rides are smooth, they just seem too "graceful". Then they just become slow and boring. I just love being tossed and rattled around every which way! Or going really fast like on Goliath and Superman. Maybe it's just that I've been on them too many times and they just got boring. Because I have been on every ride in the park (except Lex and Superman, about 20 times on each) at least 50 times, some even over 100 times. I think I'm just bored. I will usually only ride RR once every 3 times I visit, just because I don't feel like wasting my time on it.

Yes. I have an appeal for rough rides. When the rides are smooth, they just seem too "graceful". Then they just become slow and boring. I just love being tossed and rattled around every which way! Or going really fast like on Goliath and Superman. Maybe it's just that I've been on them too many times and they just got boring. Because I have been on every ride in the park (except Lex and Superman, about 20 times on each) at least 50 times, some even over 100 times. I think I'm just bored. I will usually only ride RR once every 3 times I visit, just because I don't feel like wasting my time on it.

Have you been on Kong up at SFDK? I think you'd love it..Roar too.

Im gonna go off topic for a bit but its for the new rollercoaster Six Flags is building where Log Jammer used to be. My cousin went to Six Flags and told me she seen a piece of yellow track in the space. So this will tell us that its gonna have a yellow track and pieces of the coaster has already started to be shipped here. Its strange though that they're not storing the shipped parts beside the sling shot pieces behind the apocalypse.

Im gonna go off topic for a bit but its for the new rollercoaster Six Flags is building where Log Jammer used to be. My cousin went to Six Flags and told me she seen a piece of yellow track in the space. So this will tell us that its gonna have a yellow track and pieces of the coaster has already started to be shipped here. Its strange though that they're not storing the shipped parts beside the sling shot pieces behind the apocalypse.

She probably saw the Gold Rusher track that goes through the site.

She probably saw the Gold Rusher track that goes through the site.

That would be my guess too. It would be hard to believe that they would store the track at the location of the speculated coaster without doing some footer or foundation work first.

I went to the park today and I must say, today has been one of the best visits I've ever had so far. The employees were surprisingly extremely helpful and friendly, they weren't blasting Miley Cyrus throughout the park but they were instead actually playing music that fits each themed area/ride, and believe it or not, Apocalypse and Colossus had some INSANE airtime moments today! I was quite impressed!

Oh, and can somebody explain to me why they already have Fright Fest stuff out in the entrance area already?1093766855_tn(2).jpg.a021cf23f4086324cb860baf8cabf329.jpg

I also noticed this new sign near Jet Stream:33207206_tn(1).jpg.57b8470d913069dea181945ae1188d0e.jpg

Gearing up for new thrills eh?

The park has said repeatedly that they have some big surprises in store for FF this year so it doesn't hurt at all to get people excited for it IMO.

We already know they gutted Willoughby's and are putting something new there. The Aftermath maze was really awesome last year so I'm sure that will be back. The question mark area is going to be the maze that was under Log Jammer. I doubt it will be coming back but they now have a couple of unused area's they could use near Apocalypse and the old Metro station.

I went to the park on monday, and it was about 108 degrees. I got there around two o'clock, and went to Lux Luthor. These are the rides I rode on and there are no pics because I forgot my camera. The park was pretty empty.

Lux Luthor: single rider line

-5 min wait

-went on it twice

-great ride

-main line was 45 min.

Batman:

-10 min wait

-one of the cars was running empty

-two trains

Riddler's Revenge: single rider line

-walk on

-main line was long

-two trains

Apocalypse:

-a bit rougher

-15 min line

-two trains

Gold Rusher:

-walk on

-two trains

Scrambler: Closed

Buccaneer:Closed

Goliath: 25 min line

-two trains

Collosus:

-a bit rougher

-5 min line

-two trains

Scream:

-rougher

-walk on

-two trains

Canyon Blaster: why not?

X2: 4:30

-waited in line for 10 min, and then it broke down. They said that they recommend staying in line, but after 20 min, at around 5, I left.

-If it didn't break down, I would have only waited for 20 min to get on it. The line is so short at this time!

Viper:

-I was going to give it one more chance...

-walk on

-gotten a whole lot rougher

-people were cussing the whole time

-one of the worst ride experiences I have ever been on

-never going on it again

-two trains

Revolution:single rider line

-when i got it line, i told myself, do i really want to do this??

-i left after i decided that it wasn't worth it

-one train

Ninja:

-rougher

-walk on

Superman: line was way out the door

-didnt go on

-running one side!

Bucaneer: Open

-I was told that it gave the most airtime out of any ride in the park (other than LL)

-it was boring and stupid

-5 min line

-didn't get any airtime

-left the ride disappointed

-other than LL, I think the ride with the most airtime is collosus

Revolution: single rider line

-decided to go on it once

-walk on

-main line was 10 min

-it sucked like it usually is

-never going on that ride again either

X2: still closed at 6:50

Tatsu:

-one side running

-30 min line

-operators were so slow

-a bit rougher

X2-still closed, but mob was there waiting for it to open

-it was around 7:45

-park was closing in 15 min

-waited for 5 min with the mob

-if it never opened, that would suck, so I ran to green lantern

Green Lantern:

-didn't know there was a single rider line, so went into main line

-30 min wait

Note: The first time I went on green lantern, I only got one flip on that last curve. I thought the ride was stupid, and i didn't go on it again until yesterday.

-I was alone, so they paired me up with someone else. Why cant i go alone? Why does it have to be balanced? Anyway, I weigh 100 pounds, as I am only 12, and the kid next to me was also 100 pounds. Meanwhile the other side had two chubby ladies, which made the ride unbalanced So i had a great ride with three flips in total! I now love the ride, and doing flips makes the ride SO much better! If only they didn't try to balance it....

Since everyone was at the waterpark, I had a great day with short lines!

-even though I almost had a heat stroke while waiting in line for X2 and green lantern, I survived and had a great day!

Note: I dont think X2 ever opened after 4:40, but if it did, tell me if I am wrong.

-tell me how this "report" was, and tell me if it was too long.

WOW! you made it through the whole thing! Thx for reading!

That sign near Jet Stream has been there at least all Summer. Was it crowded yesterday?

Where it has the silouettes of the rides, didn't it say something like streets sports action theater until just recently?

I truly don't understand people hating on Viper. I think it's one of the smoothest old school Arrows out there and it's one of my all time favorite rides. Corkscrew at Cedar Point is more unpleasant to me than Viper. I rode it a couple weeks ago and had a blast, but my wife said it bashed her brains out. Are people just getting less tolerant of the old rides? I'm pretty sure the ride was running the same way it did in 1994 when I had to wait 45 minutes to get on it and people loved it back then.

Perhaps the big difference is I don't keep my head back. Logic tells me if I don't want to bang my head, then don't keep it where the harness will hit it. I hold my head forward in front of the harness and let the soft sides of my neck deal with the harness. It's completely painless that way. B&M and Intamin have spoiled people.

Edited by Zingoman

Or not a complainer/someone who can properly straddle a bicycle seat.

I also noticed at some of the east coast parks they actually MAKE you stand up with your legs straight and don't let you crouch like they do with Riddlers to get that extra little cushion between you and the "seat".

You just have to provide yourself the cushion while appearing as though you're fully standing. It's an art. And it's very necessary on Green Lantern, where you'll spend five minutes standing on the brakes if you don't give yourself the cushion that lets you rest your feet at the end!

i hate the seats on riddler total ballbuster

I think we/I become less tolerant of the head bashing as we get older...during our Midwest trip this Summer, coasters that I could tolerate or loved as a kid were now painful and unpleasant...I could not believe how bad Demon was at Great America yet remember riding it over and over as a kid and having a blast.

Now as SFMM as one of our local parks, I rarely even bother with Viper or Revolution any longer...of course the Revolution issues could all be fixed but we've all beaten that dead horse.

I have come full circle on Riddler's...used to love it, and now could care less about riding it...again, could be age...my kids still love it. However, the line is usually ridiculous since it seems permanently banished to a one car operation...not that they ever dispatched 2 quickly. The operations on Tatsu, a great coaster, are embarassing...

I guess I've just summarized why we haven't been back this year since WCB...not even Lex Luthor has lured us up yet for a visit.