TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^After going yesterday, I'm not sure I will ever trust that app again. It showed a wait time 60 minutes for scream when it was only a 5-10 minute wait, it also showed Superman was a 120 minute wait when I only waited 55. It also showed Goliath had a 120 minute wait and batman had a 90 minute wait which I'm pretty sure they weren't anywhere near that.

^After going yesterday, I'm not sure I will ever trust that app again. It showed a wait time 60 minutes for scream when it was only a 5-10 minute wait, it also showed Superman was a 120 minute wait when I only waited 55. It also showed Goliath had a 120 minute wait and batman had a 90 minute wait which I'm pretty sure they weren't anywhere near that.

If they are estimated ride times I don't trust them. But if someone actually entered it in I do.

If they are estimated ride times I don't trust them. But if someone actually entered it in I do.

Yea I should have said that they were entered times. Not the "estimated" times. I think some punk kid was there putting in bogus times all day cause I would change a ride to the correct wait and it seemed like half an hour later they would change back to something outrageous.

The top of the Sky Tower is now a museum with old memorabilia and pictures throughout the history of Magic Mountain, including pictures of the Magic Pagoda. For those of us who recall Magic Mountain during the early 70s, it is definitely nostalgic and worth checking out.===

Cool but nothing online?

I'd like to briefly interrupt the current conversation for something I'm going to quietly say. I'm not going to spoil it for you and it shouldn't be leaked out so obviously perhaps? But I won't make it too obvious so if you don't want to know PLEASE SCROLL PAST THIS POST NOW! Ok, fix you eyes on that slab blob of black text. This ride won't be here next year according to sources that work inside the park. The workers name is to remain nameless. Get your rides on it now. Without further ado, here you go:

Log Jammer

You never heard anything.

^^^ Log Jammer is the one by Mooseburger, right?

If so, I've never ridden it - I simply use the 25 cent water canons for the riders - number one to be precise.

I can easily spend $5 getting people wet with an unacceptable amount of wetness.

Ok, I have another small thing to share, those cannons might be moved to Jet Stream so you might possibly get wet on that ride.

I'm not saying that I agree with the rumor regarding ride closures and water canon relocations, but if they move those to Jet Stream, I won't be riding it anymore - I have too much water canon karma that's going to bite me in the ass.

It seems like everytime I go on Jet stream my boat is filled half way up with water the whole time. Does this happen to anyone else? It's kind of funny when I'm on it with friends and they're like omg we're going to sink!

I'd like to briefly interrupt the current conversation for something I'm going to quietly say. I'm not going to spoil it for you and it shouldn't be leaked out so obviously perhaps? But I won't make it too obvious so if you don't want to know PLEASE SCROLL PAST THIS POST NOW! Ok, fix you eyes on that slab blob of black text. This ride won't be here next year according to sources that work inside the park. The workers name is to remain nameless. Get your rides on it now. Without further ado, here you go:

Log Jammer

You never heard anything.

Wow another classic ride gone.

No! Not the Log Jammer. I had sex on that ride. They can't take it out. Such fond memories.

Guy "The logs were not the only things getting jammed on that ride." Koepp

What is that ride, like a minute long?....lol such good fondling memories...

Log Jammer is a good 5/6 Minutes long, some guys can be rather fast

I dont trust that Log Jammer removal rumor AT ALL, but if it would be true, I can not see SFMM taking out a classic ride like this just for a screamscape rumored thrillride.

Now the Divecoaster rumor for 2012 that some other Website mentioned a long time ago would make sense with a Log Jammer removal as the area is a perfect fit for a ride like this...

I wont get to excited(just yet). Time will tell...

Until I hear more, I'm not going to believe that Log Jammer is closing after this year. However, given what has been said/hinted at during the past two WCB Q&As, I could see a 2013/2014 coaster going in there. Possibly a complete circuit launched coaster that makes use of the mountainside terrain and the old monorail tunnel. I may just be dreaming here, but if the Log Jammer does indeed close I think that would be a definite possibility. Either way, I find it extremely unlikely the park will get a coaster next year since they added two (plus refurbished one) this year.

Just in case, I'm going to ride it on my trip today, and making a point of riding it every time I go. It isn't the best log flume I've been on, but it is a decent ride. I just hate those water cannons, and that is the main reason I prefer the Jetstream.

I've heard they're planning on removing the entire back half of the park (Riddlers on over to Deja Vu) and they're planning on putting in the worlds largest Dippin Dots stand.

Needless to say I'm very skeptical that the park has any plans to remove Log Jammer. The ride is still popular, and I can remember many hot Summer days where basically all I would ride at the park was the different water rides. My guess frankly is that all the rides that are currently operating will be doing the same at this time next year!

I don't know if I believe this new rumor or not, but I bet it will be on Screamscape this week lol.

*IF* the ride is on the chopping block for whatever reason, upcoming thrill ride, parts or maintenance issues ect, I'd have no problem losing it as long as there is another "water" ride in the works as a replacement.

I must say though, I prefer Log Jammer to Jet Stream mostly because of it's more "natural" setting.

While I like Log Jammer more than Jet Stream, I could see why they'd get rid of it instead of Jet Stream. Log Jammer is kinda off on its own in that area, while Jet Stream weaves through Ninja, so removing it would free up a mighty fine chunk o' land.