TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Considering the braking is all done by the magnets, chances are pretty good that it wasn't a braking issue. However, rain can cause the wheels to hydroplane...

Edited by Jew

with the S:EFK if its thes same as TOT2 it can slip the brake due to rain than it hit the brakes at the end this once happend to me and told me i could ride again and i was all like no thank you

I'm not sure about rain, but there's certain instances where it will fly through the station and hit the brakes at the end, ie: going too high up on the tower.

Also, hey...some capital letters and punctuation go a long way to making your posts more readable.

Hey that what you get when you have both dyslexia and dyspraxia

^ SFHH is LONG overdue for something new.

What they need to do is take out the existing speed-slide towers and put in all new slides. When you ride those ones you can feel the separators in the slides and it HURTS. Even the black tube slide hasn't had the waterfalls that are in them for years.

Agree... Im shocked that its been so long since SFHH has gotten a new slide.... They need one IMO

You'd think the fact that they are essentially included SFHH with the park (gold pass) they would do something for the waterpark.

Also makes you wonder if they are going to have a gate that directly connects the two parks again.

Isn't that gate still there from the last time they had one? And I believe perhaps by spring something will be built for SFHH... Or do you think it could be another year?

You'd think the fact that they are essentially included SFHH with the park (gold pass) they would do something for the waterpark.

Also makes you wonder if they are going to have a gate that directly connects the two parks again.

Not that it says anything for sure, but all the Six Flags parks that got new coasters in 2012 are getting either a waterpark attraction or a show for 2013. I couldn't see a show being well recieved at SFMM, so maybe we'll see a new waterpark attraction (ideally a ProSlide Rocket or a multi-slide complex) for 2014. If they put it where Flashback was, it would be real easy to connect the parks (although I'd probably prefer Hurricane Harbor stay a separate charge with two-park tickets than become an included waterpark).

Speaking of Hurricane Harbor, when I was there this weekend ALL 5 slides on the Venom Drop tower were closed. I asked an employee and apparently they've been having trouble with those slides all season, and there aren't likely to be open at all until next season. Now, Six Flags has a definite tendency to avoid investing money into rides if they can't market it as a new addition, so I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced some or all of these slides instead of fixing them.

Speaking of Hurricane Harbor, when I was there this weekend ALL 5 slides on the Venom Drop tower were closed. I asked an employee and apparently they've been having trouble with those slides all season, and there aren't likely to be open at all until next season. Now, Six Flags has a definite tendency to avoid investing money into rides if they can't market it as a new addition, so I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced some or all of these slides instead of fixing them.

The Venom Drop Tower was closed on the 30th went I went as well. That day a lifeguard said she was being honest in saying they are closed because of lack of employees.

^Interesting, that contradicts what the guy I asked told me, which was that Venom Drop is fine, but the other two body slides are getting unequal water flow (one has too little, one too much), and as the tube slides, they were having troubles with the rental tubes getting stuck in them. Of course, we all know that employees aren't the most trustworthy sources. And if it is because of a lack of employees, maybe it's because every slide takes twice as many employees to man now that Flashpass exists.

One thing is for sure: with the additional capacity of those slides gone, expect longer lines on all the other slides.

The Full Throttle talk sure died...come on guys

Find a FT related topic that sparks discussion then if you want people to talk about it. There isn't much to say about the ride right now.

Agreed everybody said everything there is too say about, when parts show up or land preparation start, then im sure the talk will reemerge

Anyone else get the "Bring a Friend Free on 09/17" email today?

Just got it. I start a new job Thursday so can't go during the week anymore. I have only gone during the week in all 7 times going this year. Glad to see it was dead last Sunday. I'll be going on Sundays from now on and Friday after work for Fright Fest. That's awesome it's open until midnight.

So, is SF going to release any more info or any renderings on this new themed five acre section of the park, or do we have to wait till it opens to be surprised?

What do you think?

A new paved area sounds about right

Anyways it sounds like it will be a modern themed area which sounds cool to me just would like to know how it will look in the end.

I wonder if they will ever announce what will go where flashback was.... Hasn't it been rumored for a year or two that it would be part of a HH expansion? Seems like they are due for a new slide/ride

I was hopeful that area would be changed into a season pass entrance for SFMM.

What was in that building next to Flashback wasn't it a computer store?

Perhaps they can just redo that whole season pass processing area and bring it into the 21st century and relocate it into that shelved location?

^I believe WAY back in the day it was a demonstration area for Texas Instruments products. It was formerly the flashback entrance/gift shop. I think the clown maze also used it during Fright Fest.

^I believe WAY back in the day it was a demonstration area for Texas Instruments products. It was formerly the flashback entrance/gift shop. I think the clown maze also used it during Fright Fest.

Okay .. T.I. that sounds about right. We use to play the basketball toss across from that building but not sure if we ever went in.

I was just thinking out-loud on making it a entrance as unless I have my parks messed up aren't they going to be allowing season pass holders in 30 minutes earlier then the general ticket holders? IF so I was thinking season pass needs their own entrance.

For the Season Pass early entry a few weeks ago they used the far-right gate (the one that actually used to be Season Pass Entry back in the day). So I'd imagine they'd just use that. As for SFHH early entry, who knows.

As for SFHH, we went once this year and Venom Drop was the only slide on that tower that was open. I assumed it was for a lack of employees as well, oddly it was the busiest day we've seen at SFHH this year.

As I said, a new slide complex to replace what is there would be great. Not only would it mean more slides/better slides, but if they arranged it correctly they would actually need less employees at the bottom of the slides. The ones they have now are very spread out.

I'd prefer something to replace the Black Snake/Tiki towers before any kind of new development in the old Flashback area if I'm being honest. Or they could just remove those towers and put new speed slides where Flashback is. Wouldn't be centrally located but I don't think it'd really matter.