TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Log Flume

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to choose, it would have to be the Log Flume at Six Flags Great Adventure. I love a log flume that goes on for a long time, and also has quirkiness to it (that weird zig zagging still makes me laugh a bit.)

But really, I can't choose. All of the ones so far I have ridden are good, and they are wonderful with their own traits that they excel in. Dorney Park's flume especially, was that one done in house? I'm thinking it is because I don't know any other flume that changes the angle of its lift hill on the way up, and the same for its drop down the same incline.

Timber Mountain Log Ride is the original

False.

If I'm not mistaken it's the original themed log ride. The first to be built into a show building reminiscent of the old mill rides. Before that log flumes were glorified chute the chutes. If there was no Timber Mountain there mighy be no Splash Mountain. No Dudley Do Right Ripsaw Falls.

Chiapas is by far my favourite log flume. It is awesome! Granted, I haven't ridden Splash Mountain yet, but OMG I love Chiapas!

Still have very nice flash backs remembering just walking around the area, with the perfect soundtrack encapsulating me in a magical Mexican world. Beautiful.

If I had to choose, it would have to be the Log Flume at Six Flags Great Adventure. I love a log flume that goes on for a long time, and also has quirkiness to it (that weird zig zagging still makes me laugh a bit.)

But really, I can't choose. All of the ones so far I have ridden are good, and they are wonderful with their own traits that they excel in. Dorney Park's flume especially, was that one done in house? I'm thinking it is because I don't know any other flume that changes the angle of its lift hill on the way up, and the same for its drop down the same incline.

Yeah, Thunder Creek Mountain is pretty strange compared to other flumes, especially the drop. Rather than having a smoothly-transitioned, flowing drop, it's pretty much a flat metal ramp. I love the homemade look and feel to it!

Timber Mountain Log Ride is the original

False.

If I'm not mistaken it's the original themed log ride. The first to be built into a show building reminiscent of the old mill rides. Before that log flumes were glorified chute the chutes. If there was no Timber Mountain there mighy be no Splash Mountain. No Dudley Do Right Ripsaw Falls.

You are mistaken. El Aserradero was themed to a sawmill. Did you read the article Boldikus linked to? I know the answer, since if you had, you would have known that.

Dude, I get it. You like your local parks. I'll admit Timber Mountain kicks El Aserradero's ass. I'd even be with you if you said Timber Mountain is the best log flume--it's certainly my favourite anywhere. But it's not the original. Sorry that hurts your feelings, but it's a fact.

Not to mention this is a thread about favorite log flumes, period. Not "best themed log flume". You see the thread title?

Also, you can't claim something is the first just because the themeing is significantly better. No one is disagreeing that the themeing is better on Timber. But it wasn't the "original", as you said, and that's that.

It's actually really hard for me to pick out a favorite Log Flume, as I like a few of them (including the dearly departed White Water Landing), but I think my current favorite is Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls!

Now, the one I really want to get out to and ride, is Timber Mountain Log Ride! I've been to Knott's once, but alas, I did not ride it then. (I know, I know, for shame...) So, I will be sure to next time I am at the park, as it looks really great!

I'm going to Kings Dominion again next year, and I didn't ride Shenandoah Lumber Company the only other time I was there (again, I know, for shame...), so I will be sure to this time, as I understand it's apparently the best!*

*According to resident Log Flume aficionado coasterbill

While Shenandoah is good, it seems too short. I still like Kennywoods Log Jammer or Busch Gardens Tampas' Stanley Falls a bit better. Another short, but fun one that is surprisingly wet is Gator Falls at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. It doesn't seem to get much love as it is in the shadows of BGT. It was quite a surprise the first time I rode it. Love it.

997321799_gatorfallslowry.jpg.af5226b06461ce75820813f46b624027.jpg

1286750146_gatofallslowrygetting-splashed-by-the.jpg.2c7550bcaf315fe5e01950893c4c25f2.jpg

Another short, but fun one that is surprisingly wet is Gator Falls at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. It doesn't seem to get much love as it is in the shadows of BGT. It was quite a surprise the first time I rode it. Love it.

I agree 100%. I don't know how, but the airtime you get on that drop is better than most B&M hypers.

Another short, but fun one that is surprisingly wet is Gator Falls at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. It doesn't seem to get much love as it is in the shadows of BGT. It was quite a surprise the first time I rode it. Love it.

I agree 100%. I don't know how, but the airtime you get on that drop is better than most B&M hypers.

I guess I"ll have to find out if it's open next time I go. It was closed when I went in late March around spring break time.

You can't beat Log Chute at Mall of America in my opinion. I know the animations aren't as advanced as what you'll see at Disney or Knott's, but the incredible views you get of the tangled, beautiful mess that is Nick Universe, as well as the interaction with Orange Streak make up for it in my opinion. Hell, you can practically give riders high-fives from the food court and escalators near Dick's Last Resort.

Hopkins made some nice log chutes. Too bad they tried their hand at coasters and failed so miserably it nearly bankrupted them. Whatever happened to them?

Hopkins was acquired by the water slide manufacturer WhiteWater West in 2012. They offer the water ride attractions that were manufactured by Hopkins on their website.