TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How often do you ride coasters?

I usually didn't ever go to parks more than once a year before.

But last year, once I decided I would go on any coaster, all of the sudden my family desided we could go on trips all the time.

How often do you go to your local parks each year, and how often do you go out of your way to other parks?

I live 20 minutes away from the Dania Beach Hurricane, 3.5 hours from Disney/IOA, and 4 hours from Busch Gardens.

The cool thing is, over the last year, I have had several milestones in coaster riding.

This is also how much i go to WDW when you have an Annual Pass.

April 2, 2005 - WDW for 3 days - First coaster with inversions (RnR) . First time on Tower of Terror and Mission Space.

Early May 2005 - 1st 6 rides on Dania Beach Hurricane (My first wooden coaster)

May 27, 2005 - WDW for 7 days - First ride on WDW Splash Mountain, and first ride on a B&M (Kraken)

July 6, 2005 - BGT for 2 days - Sheikra and all the others for the first time

August 16, 2005 - 10 rides on Dania Beach Hurricane

September 4, 2005 - WDW 3 days - I take that picture of myself standing in front of everest during construction

November 2005 - 10 rides on Dania Beach Hurricane

January 27, 2006 - WDW 3 days - Everest AP Preview - 4 rides

May 5, 2006 - WDW 1 day - Free trip to Magic Kingdom with classmates

June 2, 2006 - IOA 4 days - First Time on all coasters there, I purchase an Annual Pass.

Early August 2006 - Future tip to IOA for 3 days

How often do you visit parks?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live about an hour from SFMW so we get season passes there and go a couple times a month. Every year we take a trip to Disneyland or SFMM in addition, but this year I'm only going to Cedar Point and Geauga Lake (next week...and Millennium Force better be open).

Usually I only visit each park once a year because the closest park worth visiting is 300 miles away. But this year I have already been to Tusenfryd twice (two days in a row), and Im going to visit the park a few more times.

I live 20 miles or so from Carowinds so I go a couple times a month.

I usually do at least one big trip to other parks in the summer (this year it was Beech Bend, Holiday World, Dollywood and Six Flags St. Louis).

I also usually do a fall weekend trip.

This year is more than normal. I've done SFOG, my big May trip, Camden Park this week and Myrtle Beach in September.

Since my work schedule allows me to have a day off during the week,I usually go to either SFA or PKD on my off days. Take,for example,yesterday(7-6-06),I went to PKD in the afternoon. And Volcano is still down,so I rode the following: Italian Job(4 times,including 2 night rides),Tomb Raider,Grizzly,and Rebel Yell. Left around 9:15(after waiting an hour on IJTC,due to technical issues,but they got it up and running).

I usually visit Linnanmäki twice a year and Särkänniemi once a year and Liseberg once a year, because my grandparents live quite close to it.

Then of course I (try to) visit atleast 3 new parks abroad every year. Usually I don't return to them for quite a long time, mostly because of lack of money and time.

I live about 3 hours from Universal and Disney...so I try to go there at least 3 times a year, even if it is for only one day. But, I am the only real coaster fanatic in my family, so even when we do go, I usually go on the coasters alone because everyone else is too afraid.

I live about 3 hours from Universal and Disney...so I try to go there at least 3 times a year, even if it is for only one day. But, I am the only real coaster fanatic in my family, so even when we do go, I usually go on the coasters alone because everyone else is too afraid.

Thats pretty much exactly how my family is.

We live in the exact same place too

Kelly and I usually on the road three weekends a month visiting parks and other amusement type places here in norcal.

A normal year of theme park travel for us consists of two or three So-Cal runs, (Solace, WCB, Haunt type events.) Followed by one summer multi park trip depending on what's new for the season, (this year was a HW, CP, SFKK, SFGAm marathon.)